ive been searching for a second guitar thats good for metal/shredding to compliment my semi hollow. whatever it is it HAS to be 24 3/4 scale length and have a double locking trem. twin humbucker layout is a plus and so is jumbo frets and an original floyd would be nice. ive found the mockingbird st, epi futura prophecy fx, and various dean MLs that meet those specs but none of them really turn me on if you know what i mean. any suggestions around the 500-1000 range?
hmmmmm mockingbird ST i say...
Gear:
Morpheus Droptune
Ibanez Weeping Demon
Bugera 333xl 212
SCHECTER JEFF LOOMIS C7 FR
Mockingbird ST has 24 5/8 scale length and TS said it doesn't turn him on anyways.
the Dean V's also have 24.75 inch scale length, but honestly, it isn't a popular idea to go with 24.75" for a floyd rose guitar. Most Bc Richs carry 24.625" and most every other guitar has 25.5" being the closest, but good luck in finding what you are wanting.
Quote by paranoid joker

Metal, should kick you in the nuts, after you catch it messing around with your girlfriend.
and then make a sandwhich in your house and walk out.

Http://www.myspace.com/drowningiris
Last edited by notsee at Nov 9, 2008,
Quote by notsee
Mockingbird ST has 24 5/8 scale length and TS said it doesn't turn him on anyways.

sorry i didnt mean it has to be exactly 24.75. i can give or take an eighth or so. mostly i mean i just want something smaller than the pretty standard 25.5 scale.
Sir, I'm still looking for a guitar that meets your specs hahaha. . . maybe I just took to you too literal on all that though. I think maybe BC Rich are the only one's that carry that scale length as standard though.
Quote by paranoid joker

Metal, should kick you in the nuts, after you catch it messing around with your girlfriend.

http://digitalcoffee.net/axslinger/g-fernandes.asp

The vortex and vertigo have the scale length you are looking for, the raven does too, but it has a wilkinson two point system.
Quote by paranoid joker