Ok so i talked with my band members and they said to make sure to get an amp that will produce a clean sound when needed, but also it needs to produce a metal and alternative sound.

So what would be the best from the

Peavey Classic
Peavey Valveking
Vox Custom Classic AC15CC1
Line 6 Flextone

So ok just what should I get? Other amps are good suggestions as well...

My maximum is $650 american due to the exchange rate and taxes in Canada
Out of those you listed, flextone and classic 30. The classic 30 will need a boost though.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
used Mesa F-30/50
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Way to show everybody up jackass.

Guitar: _______________ Amp:
_ Ibanez SZ320 _________Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

V-Picks!
Classic 30 definitely. But yes, you will definitely need a boost. As far as the others go, the Valveking is kinda meh IMO, the AC15 won't get distorted enough, and the Flextone is only good if you need to play many different styles with one amp.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments
Quote by stradivari310
Classic 30 definitely. But yes, you will definitely need a boost. As far as the others go, the Valveking is kinda meh IMO, the AC15 won't get distorted enough, and the Flextone is only good if you need to play many different styles with one amp.

what di you mean i would need a boost? and if it is a pedal what would you recommend
Boost = OD... basically. You'll need a tubescreamer-type pedal in order to push your amp into higher gain.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Well, not necissarily a TS, but that's the idea. To give it extra gain.
What kinda metal are we talking here?

The Mesa F is a great idea though.
Very true, a Mesa F series would have a bit more gain on tap too.

And of course not an actual tubescreamer, they're overpriced and overrated these days. I had just meant that most good OD pedals are based on it.

I also should add that the Classic series can definitely pull off alternative rock, in fact they do it extremely well IMO. At its highest levels of gain with some nice high-output pickups it can do hard rock easily. It can probably pull off all the harder stuff except for all-out death metal as long as you have a pedal.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣

I've found the Classic can easily do VH, GnR type of hard rock, no problem. With a boost, I can get Metallica, Slayer, really all those thrash tones. Mordern metal though, definetly not.
Before we turn this into a hijacked thread praising our wonderful amps, let's help the TS.

What sort of metal? What sort of alternative, for that matter?

╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Quote by stradivari310
Before we turn this into a hijacked thread praising our wonderful amps, let's help the TS.

What sort of metal? What sort of alternative, for that matter?

metallica, slayer the good old stuff

also like some hard rock like guns n roses

so ya it looks like either a mesa or a peavey classic right now
Last edited by Cejis33 at Nov 10, 2008,
^Classic 30 can do that with a boost for sure, the F30/50 can do it with it's eyes closed and the gain at 50%
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not