Hello all. I am a heavy blues / rock player and I only use the neck pup (humbucker) and middle pup (single coil) on my Jackson. I am looking for a single coil middle pup that can hold its own compared to the neck humbucker (stock Jackson). I use the neck pup mainly for soloing and the middle pup for crunchy rhythms. I want the single coil to be stacked but not a twin blade as I like the look of tradtional single coils. Any suggestions here? It needs to be ballsy and work well on its own. I was thinking maybe a Duncan Live Wire Classic single coil, or perhaps a Lace Sensor - silver or red??? Suggestions please. Thanks.
I'd count the livewire out unless you want to change all your pups to active. The lace red ought to be good, duncan makes some stacked pups. I've got a duncan quarter pounder on the way, if I think about it I'll bump this thread and tell you how it sounds.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
I was going to ask the same for my HSS!... Im placing a lace sensor double red on the bridge... lace sensor blue on the neck, and I dont know what to put in the middle

TG
Fighting for peace, is like screwing for virginity

Screw you Waldo, go find yourself!!!!
Quote by Kevin Saale
I'd count the livewire out unless you want to change all your pups to active. The lace red ought to be good, duncan makes some stacked pups. I've got a duncan quarter pounder on the way, if I think about it I'll bump this thread and tell you how it sounds.

Thanks. I've used the Quarter Pound before and it is an a$$ kicking pup. Really sounds like a P90 to me. That would've been my first choice but I really want a hum canceling pup. I remember it being a tad noisey (though not as noisey as Dimarzio's Super Distortion single coil - that pup was nooooisey). Now if I could only find a pup just like the Duncan QP, only hum canceling . . .