A 70's Fender Bassman 100 for a 70's Traynor 4x12 slant cab? An amp for a cab sounds odd but I like the clean tones I get from my other amp a lot more and I use distortion 80% of the time. I'm just wondering if I should find another way to get a cab and keep the Fender head or just go for it.

Also the guy said the cab he is trying to trade sounds somewhere between Vintage 30's and greenbacks, how would this sound for high gain?

One guy mentioned before I should keep this head for the sake of having a vintage amp, not too many people actually get to own one. On the other hand My new Traynor sounds like an MG through the cab I'm using it on...
Quote by Jearl

...dont play Fender just because its Fender.

Gear:
Ibanez SZ520QM
Peavey Rotor EXP
Squier Bullet (heavily modified)
Mesa Roadster Head & 2x12 cab
I'd sell the amp and then get a new cab with that money. I think you could get more money for the bassman than you'd need for a cab.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
How much would you say it's worth though? I tried selling it once before but I only got offered $3-400
Quote by Jearl

Gear:
Ibanez SZ520QM
Peavey Rotor EXP
It's not in the best shape possible but not horrible imo. I guess I can try to sell it but I think it would be easier just to trade, isn't that how much a decent 4x12 goes for anyway? If not what would be some cabs worth researching?
Quote by Jearl

Gear:
Ibanez SZ520QM
Peavey Rotor EXP
GEAR:
Schecter C-1 Plus (Emg 81/85)
ESP/LTD Viper 400
Bugera 6262 Head
Marshall 1960A Cab
Bad Monkey OD
ISP Decimator