im playing a gig coming up befor xmass at a big venue .. i have a mesa boogie f50 combo amp and im looking to eather get a cab for the extra power for the gig or save up sell the f50 and buy a mark 4 combo at my local guitar store for 1700 ... im 50/50 right now i would love to have a mark 4 combo ... but i would also love to have a cab for the gig cant have both .. one day i will just not now haha so what you guys think ?
A cab will only give you a few more decibels in volume, not to mention the venue will probably mic you up any ways. If you like the mark IV and you can afford the upgrade then go for it.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Well, do you really like the sound out of your F-50, for starters? If you do just get a cab, although it won't make you louder - just distribute the sound more.

If not, then you could look into the Mark IV - just remember they're kind of 'hard-to-tweak' amps - I've heard Mesas in general require a bit of tweaking of the EQ to get an amazing tone out of them.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
well that all boils down to tone i guess. if youre satisfied with the f50 go for the cab, if you think the mark 4 will sound better, try that.
My Gear:
Gibson Faded Flying V
"Dante's Inferno" Iceman
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe 112
etc.

Quote by freedoms_stain
I can't imagine anything worse than shagging to Mark Knopfler.

Maybe shagging Mark Knopfler, but that's about it.
well ik there gona mic it .. im more going for aperance as stupid as it sounds it would look more profecional with a cab than a little combo .. lol and i wouldent get the m4 till after the gig
Hmm, well plenty of pro bands hide their amps backstage to make their stage look cleaner.....and they're pretty professional. Most people in an audience barely notice what amps you have and their size anyway.

Let your playing do the talking, not the size of your combo. (There's a sexual analogy here, too, but I'm not going to touch it.)
'Cause I have done it before and I will do it some more....
Quote by BHowell
Hmm, well plenty of pro bands hide their amps backstage to make their stage look cleaner.....and they're pretty professional. Most people in an audience barely notice what amps you have and their size anyway.

Let your playing do the talking, not the size of your combo. (There's a sexual analogy here, too, but I'm not going to touch it.)

Yeah i agree with BHowell. The Venue will most probably if not certainly mic you up to a PA or something to give you more sound.