I really love sweeping (sweep picking) for the most part and it is great when used in solos and stuff. Post your favorite songs/sweeping parts that you really like.

I'll go first:
Mea Culpa - The Human Abstract: ending solo
Selkies: The Endless Obsession - Between the Buried and Me - Possibly favorite solo of all time
Alaska by BTBAM.
God... I wish I could nail those sweeps in the beginning.
Also, Stabwound by Nercophagist. Good shit.
Quote by cgolden
Alaska by BTBAM.
God... I wish I could nail those sweeps in the beginning.
Also, Stabwound by Nercophagist. Good shit.

yeah i agree with both.
Quote by neojazzical
Basically anything by Cacophony

i dont usually like speed metal, but im listening to concerto right now, and i have to say its pretty cool. those guys have talent.
No Boundaries by MAB.
You simply MUST check out my music on
Reverbnation Downloads available here
Myspace Streaming Only

Especially for fans of Tool, APC, Avant-Garde, Ambient music, rock instrumentals, and fans of music in general. Will not disappoint.
Most Hardcore bands overuse the same swept arpeggios... because all you have to do to be a scene guitarist is hit a few of the notes and you're the shit.

Nevermore - River Dragon, Godless Endeavour, Psalm of Lydia, Miles of Machines, Jato Unit, Final Product... Jeff Loomis is amazing with arpeggios... same with Jason Becker since they have similar styles. The Necrophagist - Fermented Offal Discharge, Epitaph, Seven... Muhammad and Muenzer can both shred like crazy... Joe Stump is good too...
Quote by deaththrashcore
because all you have to do to be a scene guitarist is hit a few of the notes and you're the shit.

a little close-minded there i see
Quote by NailgunMassacre

Well, he was talking about hardcore.
And in that sense, he's sure as hell right! Hahahaha.
Quote by cgolden
Well, he was talking about hardcore.
And in that sense, he's sure as hell right! Hahahaha.

Well in actual hardcore they do not have sweeps. but if you could give another example that would help.
Quote by NailgunMassacre

One often is straight-minded when arguing with facts. I like to see people get on stage, cleanly arpeggiate on a guitar that's not an ESP Viper series they saw in their favourite Deathcore-style music video, and play some other triad than the goddamn D minor shape, not followed by more chugging and muted pedal-noting Thrash style riffs all rooted in whatever note they drop tune to. But that's me.

Quote by cgolden
Or shit, that bassist from Faceless. He's ****in' insane.

Haha, yes! Him and Michael Keene... Gotta love The Faceless.
Last edited by deaththrashcore at Nov 9, 2008,
Quote by one vision
Eugene's trick bag.

My first sweeping song.

Though it's alternate picked and not sweeped

(It's arpeggiated not sweeped, 2 different things)

I agree on the Necrophagist stuff. It's hard, technical and tasty

The "Re-incarnation of Plato" Award 2009
(most intelligent)
The "Good Samaritan" Award 2009 (most helpful)

[font="Palatino Linotype
Who's Andy Timmons??
Quote by deaththrashcore
One often is straight-minded when arguing with facts. I like to see people get on stage, cleanly arpeggiate on a guitar that's not an ESP Viper series they saw in their favourite Deathcore-style music video, and play some other triad than the goddamn D minor shape, not followed by more chugging and muted pedal-noting Thrash style riffs all rooted in whatever note they drop tune to. But that's me.

What he said.

Anything off Jeff Loomis' solo album, Zero Order Phase is incredible. I first listened to it today. Blew my ears apart.

I also like the single sweep in Dream Theater's The Dance Of Eternity just before Jordan's piano solo.
Quote by VIRUSDETECTED
Wrong forum. *Reported*

Not really. It isn't about the technical aspect of sweeping, but about the musical side of the sweeps, thus it belongs in musician's talk.

(most intelligent)

[font="Palatino Linotype
Who's Andy Timmons??
Quote by xxdarrenxx
Not really. It isn't about the technical aspect of sweeping, but about the musical side of the sweeps, thus it belongs in musician's talk.

No, Musician's Talk is the Music Theory forum. This belongs in the pit, really.

This is a prime example of why they should rename the forum.
Quote by VIRUSDETECTED
No, Musician's Talk is the Music Theory forum. This belongs in the pit, really.

This is a prime example of why they should rename the forum.

I totally Agree with you on that, however, u must understand all the forumsections have their own people.

Ts prolly wants to have opinion on the regulars of this section of ug, Instead of the pitmonkeys, if u understand what I mean.

People here have diverse influences, while in the pit u'd probably get the more Dragonforce A7X reply's for 5 pages long.

(most intelligent)

[font="Palatino Linotype
Who's Andy Timmons??
Last edited by xxdarrenxx at Nov 10, 2008,