I know the 60w has 6L6 Tube power or something. Whats the difference and which one is more worth getting?
The 60 watt has tubes, the other one doesn't. You decide which one is better by playing them and seeing.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
^ +1
Peavey XXX combo *upgraded screen resistors, Tung-Sol's, and 6L6's*
Schecter Syn Std. * modded, scalloped, and worn*
Schecter C-1 Elite *still sexy*
Ibanez AEL 12-string

"He who sticks his dick in peanut butter is fucking nuts"
^^^^+6
Gibson SG Standard + 18volt EMG-81 & 85
Mesa/Boogie Mark IV + Recto 2x12
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
no one knows for certain when the power tube versions will be out. There seems to have been some delay's which could be good or bad. All Vypyrs have 1 -12ax7 preamp tube and Transtube software/ciruits.

http://www.peavey.com/products/Vypyr/index.cfm
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
no one knows for certain when the power tube versions will be out. There seems to have been some delay's which could be good or bad. All Vypyrs have 1 -12ax7 preamp tube and Transtube software/ciruits.

http://www.peavey.com/products/Vypyr/index.cfm

I think the 60 & 120 are the only ones with tubes. I've got a 30 and I'm pretty sure it doesn't have a tube in it. I looked on the link you posted & I didn't see anything about tubes in any of them other than the 60 & 120.
Whatever, anyway whats the difference between the rack effects and stompbox effects?
Quote by dude9521
Whatever, anyway whats the difference between the rack effects and stompbox effects?

Stompbox effects are analog phaser, analog flanger, BC chorus, tubescreamer, XR Wild (MXR Wylde), X boost, fuzz, squeeze, auto wah, ring modulator & MOG. Effects are Digital phaser, digital flanger, tremelo, chorus, env filter, slap back, pitch shifter, rotary speaker, reverse, octaver & looper (requires Sanpera pedal to use). Vypyrs also have digital delay and reverb but they are not listed under stompboxes or rack effects. They have their own controls.
Last edited by zakkwyldefan79 at Nov 9, 2008,
Quote by zakkwyldefan79
I think the 60 & 120 are the only ones with tubes. I've got a 30 and I'm pretty sure it doesn't have a tube in it. I looked on the link you posted & I didn't see anything about tubes in any of them other than the 60 & 120.

yeah, i hear ya. You've got one, so you would know better. I could have sworn I found that somewhere, which I then documented in the Vypyr thread....but now I can't find it. All that the peavey site says is 'true analog distortion'.

Sorry if I misspoke - but i could just swear i found it somewhere. I'll keep looking.
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
yeah, i hear ya. You've got one, so you would know better. I could have sworn I found that somewhere, which I then documented in the Vypyr thread....but now I can't find it. All that the peavey site says is 'true analog distortion'.

Sorry if I misspoke - but i could just swear i found it somewhere. I'll keep looking.

Yeah they're new and there's alot of different amps out there so it's easy to get them mixed up sometimes. We all do that from time to time.
Yeah, I still can't find it. True analog preamp is all. I think I got caught up in the initial confusion at launch and I think maybe even Peavey's site or GC or something had that listed as a spec.

Anyway, thanks for correcting me.
^DuDe just play the god damn amp.
Its not that hard to go out and play with a guitar is it, in fact i think its the best felling in the world.

Also try out the Roland cubes.
Last edited by THEKID546 at Nov 10, 2008,