http://cgi.ebay.com/Best-Guitar-Tools-Ever-5-DISKS-JAM-PACKED-100-Feedback_W0QQitemZ170276443369QQihZ007QQcategoryZ41780QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItem

Check this out, i thought it looked pretty cool. Does anyone know anything about it? I really just want to improve and I havent been feeling like I am a while. I want to go past my pentatonic solos and be able to improvise more deeply. Also my speed is not that great, I mean i can do some fast licks but thats about it. Anyways I guess my question is do you know of this software, is it worth it, and is this what im looking for...
Thaks in advance
"Speed Mechanics for Lead Guitar" by Troy Stetina, and John Petrucci's "Rock Discipline" will get you anywhere you want. Found at your local guitar store.
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
dont buy anything, its a total waste of money.

if you dont have the will to sit down with a metronome, and practice for a while, what makes you think youl practice with that stuff once the novelty of it wears away?

point is, if you wanna get somewhere, PRACTICE.

and learn basic theory, chord mechanics and shit, to get ya solos more.. creative
*Enter Sig Here*
^ If he doesn't buy books, DVD's or online lessons that have structured practice examples and routines he won't know what to practice. You actually contradict yourself saying don't buy anything then telling him to learn theory, chord mechanics etc. Unless of course you are saying he should be downloading this material illegally?

There are of course the lessons on this site, and other freely available sites but personally I prefer a book to work from than having to mess around having my laptop in front of me the whole time, I suppose that just comes down to personal preference.
Thanks for the replies, im not the kind of guy who just wants to play straight shred...like i like some shred stuff in a solo but not the whole, it just doesnt appeal much to me., i dont really know why this is relevent but anywho...
^ good point, but yes, there is alot of free stuff on the net.

get something proper if your going to buy something, not a few lessons that someone has scabbed together and is trying to flog off on ebay
*Enter Sig Here*
Quote by Hale_91
^ good point, but yes, there is alot of free stuff on the net.

get something proper if your going to buy something, not a few lessons that someone has scabbed together and is trying to flog off on ebay

Like either of the books I just mentioned It's a $15-20 purchase that you can use for years on end.
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
^ Yeah exactly, I own both of these books two and I still use them even though I've been playing for 20 years. I agree whole heartedly with what Hale_91 says there are too many people flogging crap on ebay that they have plagarised from other books.
^if i owned rock discipline, im sure i would use it every day, but im yet to see a copy in person

i found some of the patterns in a GP file though, so ive screwed with them, ohh, and seeing some footage on youtube (that people screw with)

Paul gilbert has a good one out i think, contains heaps of his licks etc. *
prays for gilberts picking technique*
*Enter Sig Here*
Quote by riffs_n_licks
http://cgi.ebay.com/Best-Guitar-Tools-Ever-5-DISKS-JAM-PACKED-100-Feedback_W0QQitemZ170276443369QQihZ007QQcategoryZ41780QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItem

Check this out, i thought it looked pretty cool. Does anyone know anything about it? I really just want to improve and I havent been feeling like I am a while. I want to go past my pentatonic solos and be able to improvise more deeply. Also my speed is not that great, I mean i can do some fast licks but thats about it. Anyways I guess my question is do you know of this software, is it worth it, and is this what im looking for...
Thaks in advance

Ever tried UG.TV. There are some lessons there on shred by kristopher Dahl, quite awsome.
Gear:
95' Fender Richie Sambora Standard Stratocaster
06' Symphony SD54
07' Epiphone Les Paul Custom Plus
08' Recording King RD-17CFE
Fender G-DEC30
Line 6 POD XT
Blackstar Series One 45 Combo
10' Ernie Ball MusicMan JP6 BFR