hey, i am looking for a tube amp for around 200 or less that i can use in my studio. So power is not an issue. I have a cabinet so i could get a combo or just a head. i was looking into the blackheart series, the crate v series, and the epiphone valve amps. What would be my best bet. The amp will probably be used to record metal and i have an effects pedal if the amp does not have enough gain.
Ibanez GAX w/Duncan's and Sperzels
Bugera 333 Head
4x12 Fane/Celestion Cab
LMAO WHAT!?!? $200!

You are going to have to cough more than that dude.

EDIT: Seriously, save up.
Last edited by Graveworm at Nov 9, 2008,
If you're looking for a clean studio amp that'll take pedals well, the Epiphone or Blackheart will do extremely well.
200 seems fine as long as i dont need to get alot of volume. I think i might go for the blackheart because i dont hear many good things about the epiphone amps. The valve jr is only 100 dollars so i dont know how many quality components they could afford to put in. The blackheart is closer to 200 which must mean that im getting more.
Bugera 333 Head
4x12 Fane/Celestion Cab
I'd save up and get a krank rev jr if you're only playing metal. 5 watt tube amps are expressly designed to play classic rock, they aren't good clean amps (IMO) and they definitely aren't made to play metal.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Haha, I was going to recommend a Triamp because is sounds perfect at low volume without an attenuator. Oh well, a little out of budget I suppose. Can you get an AVT50 even for $ 200.00. It sounds kind of okay at lower volumes. Although I don't think I ever use mine again.
2008 Gibson LP
1968 Gibson LP
2005 Am Strat Del

88 Marsh JCM 800 1/2 stack
05 Marsh AVT50
08 H & K Triamp Mk. II
07 Orange PPC 212
08 Dr. Z 212
Last edited by 996ttcab at Nov 9, 2008,
Quote by blacklabel22333
200 seems fine as long as i dont need to get alot of volume. I think i might go for the blackheart because i dont hear many good things about the epiphone amps. The valve jr is only 100 dollars so i dont know how many quality components they could afford to put in. The blackheart is closer to 200 which must mean that im getting more.

Don't know where you get your info from but you need a new source. I think they increased the VJ combo price to $200. The head/cab is $250 the BH is $350. You need to try these amps yourself. I thought the Vj responded much better to pedals then the BH did. The fact that your "getting more" is meaningless if the more you get doesn't do the job. The eq on the BH didn't do a whole lot for me, but adding an eq to the Vj was outstanding. I've had the Vj about a year now and if it wasn't for the Volume issues when trying to gig I don't think i'd have a need for much else. Try them and make your own decision.
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
Valve Junior (V3 Head/Cab and Combo)
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Wampler Super Plextortion
Line 6 Pod HD
Quote by blacklabel22333

man your a fountain of misinformation. i've never seen a all tube vox pathfinder and won't even comment on the line 6 head.
Quote by mmjohn
man your a fountain of misinformation. i've never seen a all tube vox pathfinder and won't even comment on the line 6 head.

the all tube vox pathfinder is vintage. none of that new vox crap. the line 6 head is what i am looking to replace. So you are the one misinformed
Bugera 333 Head
4x12 Fane/Celestion Cab
If it is studio use, then you are going to need more than one amp, or a high end(ish) modeler that can handle the flexibility.

For a mainly metal demographic I'd say the Krank 15 watter, for classic rock, the Blackheart. Honestly, I would go with a Flextone or Vetta for now unless you wanna save for both a British voiced and an American voiced amp. Studio amp's are tough. BUT for British I would go with a Peavey Classic or Mesa Stiletto and for American a Fender HRD and Mesa DC or F series............

But these are all out of your budget.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
Quote by blacklabel22333
the all tube vox pathfinder is vintage. none of that new vox crap. the line 6 head is what i am looking to replace. So you are the one misinformed

must be worth a pretty penny must be 40 yrs old?
Look at the crate v50. Good cleans and it takes pedals well to get your metal tones
Call me Dom
Quote by Dmaj7
I don't know how to count canadians, the metric system is hard

Quote by gregs1020
well if lbj pokes his head in here and there's no nuts shit's gonna go doooooooowwwwwwwwwn.

{Pedalboard Thread Native: The Muffin Man}