So my my amp currently has no sound coming out of it, the lights are on but no sound comes out. All tubes light orange and get warm. I changed the tubes, checked the speaker, and checked the main and tube protection fuses and I still don't have any sound. Does anybody know what my problem may be?
Check your guitar input jack and the cable...make sure the Power switch and the Standby switches are in the CORRECT positions, LOL. and make sure the speaker cable is connected into the back...if it wasnt and you turned the amp on, then boom. you need to get it fixed.
Quote by steel337
Check your guitar input jack and the cable...make sure the Power switch and the Standby switches are in the CORRECT positions, LOL. and make sure the speaker cable is connected into the back...if it wasnt and you turned the amp on, then boom. you need to get it fixed.

considering everything I did to try to see what the problem was I probably checked my guitar input jack, the cable, and made sure the standby switches were in the correct positions. Thanks for the great insight.
He's just covering the bases first, because a lot of people make those mistakes, especially the kind of idiots we get on there, don't be such a prick. You asked for help, he tried to help. He couldn't help, but he tried, what more do you want? Be thankful you didn't get some smart ass in here going 'OMgZ yuR proBleMzzz is da LiNE 6 bRo gt a ReaL aMp!!$@!$' as would normally be expected.
Last edited by slickerthnsleek at Nov 10, 2008,
tried isolating the problem matey? aka using a different cable to see if it's not the cable, use a different amp but with the same original guitar and cable to see if it's the amp, and finally use a different guitar but with same amp and same cable.
I'd consider that a good thing for a spider....

But yeah cover the basics first
Gibson SG
Ibanez RGR420ex
Marshall JTM30
Slash SW95 Crybaby
Boss DS1/DD7
Digitech Bad Monkey

Ok I understand what your saying by covering the basics first. I'm just really frustrated that it doesn't seem to be a common problem. I have tried a different cord and different guitar.
Could be in the preamp section then. If there are no fuses blown, new tubes, another guitar and cable had no effect. Then that leaves the preamp. Spider digital amps are not that reliable to begin with. If it has an effects loop you can bypass the preamp using a stomp box or multiFX by connecting to the FX return, guitar>pedal>fx return. If you get sound then you know its in the preamp.
Quote by Tackleberry
Could be in the preamp section then. If there are no fuses blown, new tubes, another guitar and cable had no effect. Then that leaves the preamp. Spider digital amps are not that reliable to begin with. If it has an effects loop you can bypass the preamp using a stomp box or multiFX by connecting to the FX return, guitar>pedal>fx return. If you get sound then you know its in the preamp.

I did bypass into a mixer, and didn't get any sound, I'm not sure if this accomplished the same situation you described or not.
Well one issue is your still using line 6 quality on the preamp side. And it being a modeller if that chip gets messed up or out of whack programming wise you are stuck. Im sure someone here might now how to reset it and if that doesnt work its time to take it into a tech. But more then likely its gonna be a pain to fix.
Into a mixer not sure how that would bypass the preamp. You would run from preamp to a mixer or use the direct out. Im pretty sure that thing has a fx loop. It will say line in/out or fx send/return. You hook a stomp box up to the line in or fx return and plug your guitar into the stomp box. It goes direct to the power amp this way no preamp involved. If it is the preamp you could always use the amp this way just using the poweramp section. A friend of mine did this for a long time with a SS amp with a screwy preamp section. No volume control on the amp this way but it would be useful as something other than a doorstop.