Seriously, they haven't done anything new for 30 years. Granted, the JVM was rather interesting but other companies beat them there. The VM is nothing new and the RR JMP? Gimme a break! Seriously, stop lining ol' Jim's pocket until he comes up with a new idea to rival MESA/Boogie. The Bluesbreakers and JCM800s and whatever were good but those were ages ago. C'mon James, use your brain. Also, MG's/AVT's and Valvestates are NOT Marshalls. They are amps made in a Chinese factory that have Marshall nameplates on them. IMO, new Marshall's ain't real either. The last good Marshalls were made in the 80s. The only "Marshall" amps made now are either overpriced or crappy sounding.
Quote by Skierinanutshel
if it aint broke dont fix it

agreed
he doesnt have to change it because his amps still sound awesome without a need to change them. So shut up and go play ur mesa
I run a B-52 stealth series triple rectifier head through a MG-412 marshall cab and it sounds great. I get a little tired of all the marshall bashing that goes around on these forums. If it doesnt work for you, then dont use it. Its a fairly simple concept.
Originally Posted by fatdanny
Also, check out Autopsy, the vocalist sounds like hes about to eat your grandmother while f
Last edited by rebeltildeth87 at Nov 9, 2008,
hey, somebody else out there that doesnt enjoy marshalls! I totally agree with you.
Save a trip to the RT!
Quote by blake1221
If there's anything to take away from this thread, anything at all, it's to always cup the balls.

Top trolling abilities.

Quote by caeser1156
God dammit you had me 10/10
complete ignorance.

I love my marshall and the marshall sound.

all you are doing is repeating garbage you heard. You probably haven't really played a marshall except for the MG.

you're trying desperately to make some friends on here, huh?
My Gear
Guitars:
-Gibson Les Paul Studio
-Ibanez "lawsuit" Les Paul
-Ibanez S470
-PRS SE Custom

Amp:
Marshall TSL100
Marshall 1960a cab

Effects:
Dunlop 535q wah
Visual Sound Liquid Chorus

Pickups:
Guitarforce
MHD
Quote by JLT73
complete ignorance.

I love my marshall and the marshall sound.

all you are doing is repeating garbage you heard. You probably haven't really played a marshall except for the MG.

you're trying desperately to make some friends on here, huh?
yeah sure, I come to the Internet to make friends
Quote by King Loudness
yeah sure, I come to the Internet to make friends

sounds like it with this thread
My Gear
Guitars:
-Gibson Les Paul Studio
-Ibanez "lawsuit" Les Paul
-Ibanez S470
-PRS SE Custom

Amp:
Marshall TSL100
Marshall 1960a cab

Effects:
Dunlop 535q wah
Visual Sound Liquid Chorus

Pickups:
Guitarforce
MHD
Quote by JLT73
sounds like it with this thread
again, I'm not trying to make friends on the Internet. Its a silly pursuit.
seriously marshall makes great stuff. i have a friggen mg 100hdfx stack and even it sounds awesome if i run some pedals through it. mesa/boogie is over rated. i mean if your gonna rip on marshall compare them to something real modern and awesome like engl
"every prince has to slay a few dragons before he meets his princess"
Quote by jordanzio
seriously marshall makes great stuff. i have a friggen mg 100hdfx stack and even it sounds awesome if i run some pedals through it. mesa/boogie is over rated. i mean if your gonna rip on marshall compare them to something real modern and awesome like engl

I do use marshall, however a MesaBoogie Triple Rec through a good cab is pretty fucking epic. Engl makes some pretty bad ass heads as well.
Originally Posted by fatdanny
Also, check out Autopsy, the vocalist sounds like hes about to eat your grandmother while f
Quote by rebeltildeth87
I do use marshall, however a MesaBoogie Triple Rec through a good cab is pretty fucking epic. Engl makes some pretty bad ass heads as well.
ENGL is badass
Quote by jordanzio

Mesa is most certainly not overrated!
ya engl is sick. but nothing wrong with a good marshall. like i said i have an mg100 halfstack and i seriously have no complaints with my sound at all. i use a zoom processor for everything tho. i can get pretty damn good tones out of it that match professional tones almost to a T. but my setup works just fine for what i do which is mostly practice and the odd band setting. so don't hate on marshall. its a great option for me especially since im a university student who is tight on cash.
I have a JCM2000 DSL, and I'm not to happy with it. I miss my JCM 800 and 900.

I kind of wish someone would post a link or a soundclip to someone using a JCM 2000 DSL that has good tone, to prove me wrong. Until then, I'm convinced that the 2000 DSL is a terrible amp.

To the kid who said the MG with pedals ran through it sounds good, I honestly can't believe you. Digital amp and digital pedals does not make a beautiful, organic and responsive tone.
Quote by Evian
I have a JCM2000 DSL, and I'm not to happy with it. I miss my JCM 800 and 900.

I kind of wish someone would post a link or a soundclip to someone using a JCM 2000 DSL that has good tone, to prove me wrong. Until then, I'm convinced that the 2000 DSL is a terrible amp.

To the kid who said the MG with pedals ran through it sounds good, I honestly can't believe you. Digital amp and digital pedals does not make a beautiful, organic and responsive tone.
agreed. The MG is a shitty amp, with or without the Marshall name.
mesa/boogie is really not the beast everyone claims it is. i don't find them to my liking... at least the ones ive tried. not worth the price tag at least
you might be suprised how good a tone you can get with the right settings etc. the zoom pedal i got does a damn good job at pumping out tube like tones. i pay 15000$ a year roughly for school so i dont really care about the minute difference in tone that there is.
Quote by jordanzio
mesa/boogie is really not the beast everyone claims it is. i don't find them to my liking... at least the ones ive tried. not worth the price tag at least
yeah, the fixed pricing is a bitch. Thats my only problem. Marshalls are just plan ****ing overpriced. $1,450 for a DSL50?!
Quote by jordanzio

I am more than happy with my Roadking II. It was worth the 3 grand. I don't think the Recto's should be as pricey as they are though.
my thoughts have always been this: im 20 yrs old. im in school and cant afford to wipe my own ass let alone real nice equipment. i mostly jam to tracks in my room and sometimes il jam with other players and drummers etc. thats about the extent of my playing. i figure if rockstardom is my future then i will be able to afford the quality stuff when the time comes. but in the real world my setup works pretty well. everyone i let listen to it thinks its pretty good. i had a guy just yesterday tell me he thought my setup would kill his laney head. i dont feel too bad about what im doing