Page 1 of 3
Searched, no results.

I'd say the first verse in the intro of Number of the Beast. The way Bruce whispered that gives me spinal chills.
I NEED TO CHANGE MY USERNAME

• Agile AL-3XXX Custom Tobacco Sunburst w/ EMG 57/66
  • ESP LTD EC-1000T CTM Black w/ Seymour Duncan Blackouts
  • Jet City JCA100HDM w/ Avatar Contemporary 2x12 Cab
  • Seymour Duncan 805 Overdrive
  • Dunlop OG Crybaby Wah
  • MXR Smartgate
This looks like a good time to open Winamp...

One off the top of my head:

Nevermore - This Godless Endeavor, the "Consume... Conform..." part.

Right, and pretty much everything Agalloch has ever done.
The Verse in No Leaf Clover - Metallica..

"When It Comes To Be There's A Soothing Light At The End Of Your Tunnel.."

Woo!
I think its time to pack your things lets go,
To a place where we both know,
And dont worry, I'll drive real slow,
Spend some time before we go..
Just the beginning bits of Exit Music by Radiohead, when he starts singing.

Also, in If 6 was 9 by Hendrix, near the end when it sounds like he's entered the room and is talking to you in person.. gives me the chills.
Quote by Arthur Curry
it's official, vintage x metal is the saving grace of this board and/or the antichrist

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

The Great Gig in the Sky- P. Floyd. When the Song climaxes and then dissipiates it stands all the hairs on my neck up.
i enjoy head
Dance of Death ~ Iron Maiden. The story that goes along with the song is haunting.

Silent Waters ~ Amorphis
"Ultimate"-Guitar is the worst website on the internet. Polluted with unintelligent mongoloids.
Number of the Beast intro...

Turn off lights, light candles, turn up bass, and draw a pentagram. Put on sum cloaks and take two hits of acid for good measure. Call me in the morning
The first sweeps in Altitudes by Jason Becker, my god it just sounds amazing T_T
Quote by Echoplex
Mature pit regulars? Are you retarded?

I am a proud Zune 120 owner
The part in Don't Fear the Reaper where they break it all down to like a minor to diminished arpeggio and he does that bitchin' solo. Gives me chills everytime.
RIFT.CANYON.DREAMS.

Quote by Oroborous
I'm trying to cover one of my bedroom walls in semen. I'm about half way done.

Pics coming soon
The whammy riff about a minute into Searching by Joe Satriani
It both freezes and melts my mind at the same time
ohai little sig.
Quote by BrokenBricks
The part in Don't Fear the Reaper where they break it all down to like a minor to diminished arpeggio and he does that bitchin' solo. Gives me chills everytime.

Yeah, that. Also, the end of "Hang on to Your Life" by The Guess Who. I never woulda thought a Bible quote could be so creepy....
The unexpected mix of feedback and Jesse screaming "Where you been" in the soft acoustic part of Brand New's Luca.

Still scares the hell out of me, and I know exactly when it's about to happen, too.
Off the top of my head:

The spoken section in Nightcrawler by Judas Priest can send chills down my spine when I'm in the right mood. Have to be in the right headspace though, or it does nothing for me.

Also, Dead Skin Mask by Slayer, especially the intro and towards the end when you get the girl screaming in the background.

The bit in Don't Fear The Reaper that BrokenBricks mentioned.
Oh, some others:
The scream in Careful with that Axe, Eugene by Floyd
Pretty much all of Hallelujah cover by Jeff Buckley
Quote by Arthur Curry
it's official, vintage x metal is the saving grace of this board and/or the antichrist

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

In "The Ice Is Getting Thinner" by Death Cab for Cutie, when he says "And nothing was left for you and me" and it goes into the slide guitar, that is pretty spine-tingling.
WILDCARD, BITCHES!!

Call me Patrick! My username sucks anyway
The guitar riff to "The End" by the Doors. Krieger's simple but hypnotic guitar riffs in the background just catches the eeriness of Jim Morrison's lyrics, which are haunting enough, especially at the end when he's talking about the mother and father.
The drum solo in "In-A-Godda-Da-Vida" by Iron Butterfly where the organ note cuts in.
I love Foxy Shazam more than you.

▲ ▲

On the album V: Havitetty by Moonsorrow, there are some ****ing chilling moments. The vocals can get so eerie sometimes...

Backwards Marathon by BTBAM, when he hits that high falsetto note in the interlude.

Opeth - The Drapery Falls outro, and the acoustic bit before it.

Riverside - After. The entire song.

Riverside - Schizophrenic Prayer.

Spawn of Possession - Scorched intro

Spiral Architect - Conjuring Collapse, 3:39. That shit's intense.

A lot of Wintersun.

Pain of Salvation - Morning On Earth chorus, The Perfect Element chorus, Deus Nova, entire song

maudlin of the Well - Sleep is a Curse, entire song

Thrice - For Miles outro, Weight of Glory outro
Frances the Mute (Song) - The Mars Volta, when it goes into the rock riff and Cedric says "This never happened..."

Cassandra Gemini - The Mars Volta, after 7 or 8 minutes of bass fill near the end and climaxes to "No There's No Light"... leaves me in a cold sweat

Miranda That Ghost Just Isn't Holy Anymore - The Mars Volta, very creepy song with coqui chirps for ages... the trumpet is amazing

Can you tell I'm a fan?
Dimmu Borgir - Alt Lys Er Svunnet Hen
The original version just after when the long piano introduction ends and the guitars come in. I instantly fell in love with this album and I can't stand the majority of Black Metal. I can't believe they totally ruined that part in the Stormblåst MMV remake.
Quote by whalepudding
That is the most Australian post I've ever seen.

Fuckin' oath, fella!!
Quote by 'GoodnightHero'
i absolutely fucking love you.
and it has nothing to do with your lego ACDC fetish.

Strewth, cobber! Good on ya!
Jeff Buckley's Corpus Christi Carol, it's so tender and beautiful it's actually quite chilling.

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
"What better place than here?"
"What better time than now?"

Guerilla Radio - Rage Against The Machine
Quote by RedDeath9

Spawn of Possession - Scorched intro

+666

It beats Phobophile in best creepy piano intro to a tech.death song (which is kind of a small field, buuuuut...). Everything the band has done is pretty flawless, honestly.

But for me, maybe the end of "after school special"- mr.bungle. Also, forgot the name, but I remember in the intro of some akercocke song, there was this clip that was something along the lines of "Looooook...... what do you seeee...." etc etc, that creeped the hell out of me.

EDIT: it was "praise the name of satan", off chrononzon
Quote by Snake™
Searched, no results.

I'd say the first verse in the intro of Number of the Beast. The way Bruce whispered that gives me spinal chills.

That's not Bruce, that's Vincent Price.
Black Sabbath - Black Sabbath
The whole song is just evil, but I think when Ozzy's vocals come in for the first time it gets even scarier.

Martyr - Warp Zone
The chorus where the singer shouts out "WARP ZONE!" with the layered vox just scares the living hell out of me for no good reason.

Arkha Sva - 49 Evil Spirits
The very beginning where their singer goes from an evil black metal scream into a wailing falsetto is just demonic and one of the creepiest things I've ever heard.
Black Sabbath by Black Sabbath.

Some intense shit right there.
~don't finkdinkle when ur supposed to be dimpdickin~
Quote by GuitarMusic4894
Mantra by Tool, I love Tool but seriously, WTF?

i couldnt aggree more dude
Quote by Primus2112
Black Sabbath by Black Sabbath.

Some intense shit right there.

Forgot about that one...

Also:
Slayer - The intro to Raining Blood
The Beach Boys - Good Vibrations
The Beach Boys - God Only Knows
The Beach Boys - Wouldn't It Be Nice.
Magic Roundabout theme tune...

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
In the Kindness of Strangers by Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds, the character of the song starts crying in the background as you learn what happened to her. Chills, man, chills.

Also, this video, after the hilarious "interview" with the asian chick:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rRQC8xAobdc

Do not ask Nick Cave stupid questions, as he will make you feel stupid for asking them.

The chorus to "Fixin To Die" off of Bob Dylan's first, self-titled, album.

The finale of "Sleepwalk" by the Brian Setzer Orchestra. Most of the song, actually. The man knows how to make that guitar cry.

"O Children" by Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds. The song, the entire thing, brings me to tears everytime I hear it.
Quote by fatgraymatt
I love metal but death metal's just a bit too much for me. The most I can get into is serious-illness metal.
Quote by birdman267
schmidty,
I care
Quote by GuyWhoDoesStuff
If I had an axe that could make well formed vaginas I would go out a lot less.
From the first note to the last note in Hurt by Johnny Cash, the video gives me chills as well, the way he sings it and the video both just give this feeling like he has come to terms with his life and is going to move on. The live version of that song by NIN with the decomposing animals is pretty chilling too.
Cash:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SmVAWKfJ4Go
NIN:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iFx2TmQfM-o

also "Was" by Kenny Wayne Shepherd just gives me the feeling of a creepy backwoods Louisiana shack right on one of those misty dark marshes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YM6dCbCXY_k

and, a lot of Death Cab For Cutie stuff is pretty dark and chilling if you read the lyrics, even though their music is more upbeat, like I Will Follow You Into The Dark and Soul Meets Body

EDIT: This beats everything in the thread. LAYNE STAYLEY'S VOCALS in this song are so chilling. This is a tribute video to him. You'll understand why it is so chilling when you hear it and watch the pictures. RIP Layne.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2kWwjWJv-nQ
Last edited by in2thesun88 at Nov 10, 2008,
Nirvana's version of Where did you sleep Last night, when he screams that last "Shiver" powerful shit right there.

Anne by John Frusciante when he starts the "These are the times I was scared of...." section
Quote by sneyob
Saw extended blue dick,
clicked X.

Sorry,
force of habit

Quote by Bmm386

There is only one solution. We need to bomb outer space. That should show those terrorist bastards who's who
At about 8:30 in Ants of the Sky by BTBAM, the bit where its all like "Sleep on...fly on.
In your mind, you can fly..."
Every day

is exactly

the same...
Final chorus of Gargoyles, Angls of Darkness is just haunting, makes your hairs stand straight up. (Try listening to the song, volume and bass high and just listen to it, keep all your attention on the song for all the 20 minutes)

Also I agree with Number of the Beast, Bruce's whispering.
"Fly with me forever high
And with these wings
We'll set the world on fire
Fly with me through scorching skies
You and I - The lie of lies"

-Symphony X
Dream Theater - Disappear

The piano intro and the outro, so creepy. The overall song isn't creepy at all, just the piano

*shudders*
X JAPAN
yoshiki.toshi.pata.hide.heath/taiji

---------------

"desert rose, why do you live alone..." - yoshiki
All of Hurt - both the NIN and Johnny Cash versions. Especially the distortion in the NIN version.
Quote by BrokenBricks

This.

And also when Ozzy cries "Please god help me please" in Black Sabbath

EDIT: I see other people agree with me on this one. Intense.

DOUBLE EDIT: A lot of stuff by Alter Bridge; In Loving Memory (written about Tremonti's dead mother), Blackbird, and Wayward One.
Quote by IncubusMan999
donkey the wise, very good

Quote by Metal_Rich
Living up to your name!

Currently searching for more ego padding quotes.

Me in pit = me being bored. Any help is much appreciated.
Last edited by donkey the wise at Nov 10, 2008,
Page 1 of 3