Hey all, I was wondering what would be a good tube amp for blues... more specifically, John Mayer, SRV, Clapton etc....

Please no Two-Rocks or Dumbles Thanks!

Oh, I'm using a 2008 American Std. Strat and getting a Keeley modded TS808 as well.
What's your budget? I came in here will full intentions of suggesting a Dumble.
Feel free to call me Kyle.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...
USD, I'm assuming?

Maybe a Fender tube amp. Used is almost always better value, since you're looking to save money.

A deluxe reverb could be nice, if you won't play any huge gigs. Maybe go out on a limb and get ceriatone's Dumble clone, the Overtone Special?

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...
Ah thanks I'll check into those ... and I noticed you live in Jackson I live about 45 mins away from there haha
Maybe a fender Hot Rod??
You can find them used for very good prices. You can use the leftover cash to make sure it has good tubes, etc.
I'm not sure if you could get the Ceriatone ODS clone for under a grand. You probably could if you wired it up yourself, but we don't know if TS has the know-how or equipment for that.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator

fender bassman, the older the better

/thread
Guitars:
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Gibson Explorer New Century
Gibson RD Artist
Fender American Standard Telecaster

Amps:

Framus Cobra
Marshall JCM800 2203 - 1960A

Pedals:

Crybaby 535Q
Rockbox Boiling Point Overdrive
pretty much any fender tube amp will do you. im not a fan of the reissues though.
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.
^You've ordered an Overtone? I'll patiently wait for the full review and sound clips.

Quote by ibz_bucket

Quote by tubetime86
yea gonna take about 10 weeks, i hope your very patient... but i'll certainly be putting up clips when i get
I don't know if Laney is as cheap in the USA. but here they make some pretty capable budget boxes, especially their Vox-esque 'VC' series.

How about a Fender Blues Junior, or a Traynor Custom Valve? The Custom Valve 20 is a great deal; 15W, Celestion Greenback, fx loop, spring verb etc for around $700. Plus it looks the business...
Quote by R.D

fender bassman, the older the better

/thread

i came so close to buying a fender bassman off ebay from the 70's for only 400$(buyitnow)

they are really cheap definitely look into them. i would've gotten it if i didnt still owe money

07 Fender American Deluxe Strat
07 Fender Custom Telecaster
09 Seymour Duncan Pickup Booster
09 Fulltone OCD V.4
10 Ibanez WH-10 V.2
09 Splawn SuperStock
10 Jet City JCA-20
97 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Yeh the SICK! bit sounds a bit stupid.