So heres my deal, i'm looking for songs that focus on certain techniques so i can move on to a more advanced level. So far the only songs i can play are Master of Puppets (I only have the first few riffs up to speed) and Cherub Rock, solos not included. If you're wondering what i mean by certain techniques, MoP and Cherub Rock helped me out a lot with alternative picking because the riffs require chugging of the low e string...

in a nutshell, i can't find any interesting beginner/intermediate metal songs to play, help me find some please
well first of you should start off learning some basic chords and scales before you get into anything.

do you know the 12 bar blues? and the pentatonic minor scale?
Quote by tidigimon
well first of you should start off learning some basic chords and scales before you get into anything.

do you know the 12 bar blues? and the pentatonic minor scale?

No :/
So you think doing these scales up and down the fretboard will help me progress?
im working on through struggle by as i lay dying. it has helped me imensely. my speed, technique, triplets, rhythm... my all around playing has tighted up a lil bit too. it has also gotten me into metal/metalcore quite a bit. im enjoying playing a lot more, since im breaking out of my 'rock' roots.
Ok so i've learned the minor pentatonic and all the basic major and minor chords, can someone recommend another good intermediate metal song?
Last edited by Giles92 at Nov 14, 2008,