Hey UG, I have a Yamaha DJX keyboard and I need your help.The keyboard has all these snazzy features and whatnot but I really don't care about them right now. What I do care about is using the actual keyboard and there lies my problem, the damn thing doesn't seem to work.I can get the all the built in beats and stuff to play just fine, so I know the speakers aren't busted or anything.I've gone through the manual and checked Yamaha's website and I'm not getting any answers.I was hoping maybe one of you guys might have the same keyboard and could give me heads up on why it isn't working.
WOOAAAAHHHH
It's not working because its a Yamaha!
Quote by Spoony_Bard
Dude I got these strings the other day that couldn't be tuned to higher than 4 octaves below middle C then I realized that they were shoelaces and they weren't making any sound at all.
Quote by gunners fan

I have a lot of Yamaha gear in my studio, never had a problem with any of it.

TS Call Yamaha and see if they can't work it out with you and if worst comes to worst you can have it repaired (have them look it over and give you a quote first.)

It looks like an older (and cheaper) keyboard. It may just be best to get something else if you cant get it working or if the repair quote is too high.

I have their PSR340 and love it...nice piano sounds on it.
Last edited by moody07747 at Nov 10, 2008,
Quote by gunners fan

I own a 22 year old DX7s and it works wonders!

Maybe your "Local" switch is off.
funkyducky

Icing happen when de puck come down, BANG, you know,
before de oder guys, nobody dere, you know.
My arm go comme ça, den de game stop den start up.

Quote by daytripper75
Get To Da Choppa!
Local switch? I don't see anything like that on the keyboard, but I'll look around online some more
WOOAAAAHHHH
like he said ^
Quote by Ross724
Local switch? I don't see anything like that on the keyboard, but I'll look around online some more

usually somewhere in the "Function" menu

or if there's a resetting function (though I don't aknowledge any of these)
funkyducky

Icing happen when de puck come down, BANG, you know,
before de oder guys, nobody dere, you know.
My arm go comme ça, den de game stop den start up.

Quote by daytripper75
Get To Da Choppa!
Last edited by DirtyMakik at Nov 11, 2008,
Well, I found the Local function and it's on. Anyone other suggestions as to what the problem is?
WOOAAAAHHHH