Here's a few I'm looking at right now. I'll be playing mostly metal & hard rock.

Dean Vendetta

Epiphone Les Paul Special 2

Ibanez GRX20

ESP EC50

Ibanez RG120

ESP LTD-53

Kramer Pacer

Any opinions on these? Any other suggestions?

Thanks!!!
The RG120 and the LTD M-53 look nice.

I'd also recommend Agile guitars, they have a lot of stuff under $200:
www.rondomusic.com, maybe the AL-2000 or AL-2500 (both are $200).
Last edited by tigerking615 at Nov 10, 2008,
I haven't played one for a long time, but I recall Yamaha Pacifica guitars being surprisingly good. I've read many good reviews about them (an especially good one was in Guitar Player awhile ago).
I have an Epiphone LP Junior and it does the job well. It only cost me $200 too!
Quote by necrosis1193
John Entwistle once in a while. I had to try to find him when I saw The Who two years ago.

Quote by sticksause
butthose bagpipes sound awesome.
all im gonna say is you get what you pay for
Ibanez RG7321
Jackson Randy Rhoads V with Floyd Rose
Peavey Valveking 112
Digitech RP70 Guitar Processor
Quote by Lethal Dosage
all im gonna say is you get what you pay for

No, you get what you buy. If you buy a good guitar, then it's a good guitar. Regardless of price.
Exactly right. If you got ripped off by paying $2,000 for a piece of crap, would you still say you got what you paid for?
Quote by necrosis1193
John Entwistle once in a while. I had to try to find him when I saw The Who two years ago.

Quote by sticksause
butthose bagpipes sound awesome.
Stellar, look for them on ebay.

I bought a Stellar 001 on ebay and it came with a hard case for $200+shipping. It plays great, decent hardware and its solid mahogany with a set neck.

http://www.stellarguitars.com/electric.htm
Despite what the site says, all the guitars are $200.

/e Hmm they raised the price on the 001 it was $200 when I bought it, it's $285 now.
Most of the guitars are still $200 though.
Last edited by Ivarrr at Nov 10, 2008,
Now that I think about it I agree, Theres like $1000 guitars that I could have bought but I love my $400 one
Ibanez RG7321
Jackson Randy Rhoads V with Floyd Rose
Peavey Valveking 112
Digitech RP70 Guitar Processor
The pacifica 112 is great. You'll get a bunch of Agile fans telling you to buy one. I can't really comment on them. If you can play guitar already try a bunch out.
Quote by Tommy Walker
The pacifica 112 is great.

+1. Great guitar for the price. Stunning really!!
Yamaha Pacifica 112
Tanglewood TW15NS
Line6 Spider III 15w (playing into the MP3/CD input = bypass all the Spider processing)
Boss DD-3
DigiTech RP500

My other passion in life My Site
Quote by banjo1735
No, you get what you buy. If you buy a good guitar, then it's a good guitar. Regardless of price.

excellent comment.
I would look used go to pawnshops, my uncle bought a 2 year old Gibson Les Paul for $350 once
Gear
Jackson Rhodes
Jackson Kelly With EMG HZ's
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Sierra 28ce Acoustic Electric
Peavey Vypyr 212 (tube)
Line 6 Floor pod
Ibanez Toneblaster 30w
Custom Bass I built from spare parts
Fender Rumble 60 bass amp
First check Craigs list in your area if there is a list. Check all the classifieds as well. I have picked up some very nice guitars for $100.00 that way. Used guitars can save you a lot of dough and you can get a guitar three times better than what you would brand new. I just got a guitar ( http://www.rondomusic.com/wrl595bk.html ) for less than $200.00 that IMHO is better than an Ibanez SZ320ex I used to have for almost a 1/3rd of the price. I took a big chance on this guitar but it was well worth it. I figured if I didn't like it my kid would get it for Christmas. LOL This guitar has great sustain, a great feel, sounds awesome and plays so easy.

The guitar I got is Ice Blue not the black I saved the wrong link.
Last edited by johnro6659 at Nov 10, 2008,
Maybe look on Ebay for a used LTD EX-50. They are an Explorer body type. Great sound for $200. They are $219 new.
For $200 i would go to a bunch of pawn shops and and check out what they have. And make the guy an offer on a guitar he has priced for more. I have got some great deals at pawn shops. I bought a schecter blackhawk at a pawnshop for 125. And i sold it for 300. I got a mim strat in a pawnshop for 100. and sold it for 275. Just make sure you check it out before you buy if you go that direction.
Quote by Ivarrr
Stellar, look for them on ebay.

I bought a Stellar 001 on ebay and it came with a hard case for $200+shipping. It plays great, decent hardware and its solid mahogany with a set neck.

http://www.stellarguitars.com/electric.htm
Despite what the site says, all the guitars are $200.

/e Hmm they raised the price on the 001 it was $200 when I bought it, it's $285 now.
Most of the guitars are still $200 though.

Are you sure all of the guitars are $200, Some are like 600 and stuff???