Alright, so I'm currently a semi-gigging musician, but The only thing I do on a regular basis is playing in worship band at my (small) church, and I also play in some "basement" bands, just mostly jamming out and having fun. So, I've decided I want to move up into the world of tube amps. So, I've been looking at the Blackheart amps, and essentially I needed to know how big of a stack/combo I would need to be able to match/overpower a loud drummer and occasionally a bass player. I've heard that tube wattage is louder then solid state wattage, but I have no clue how much. And does anyone here have any experience with Blackhearts?
Telecasters-->Dunlop Volume Pedal-T1M Pearl-AMT Japanese Girl Wah-Line 6 M9-Ibanez DE7-EHX Cathedral-->Mesa Boogie Nomad 4x10 combo
do you need cleans? a 5 watt amp wont do it if you are going to play gigs.
a 1x12 combo will be fine speaker wise.
Valveking CLIPS/Gear HERE
I would need cleans yes, right now I have a DS-1 and I just keep my amp on clean and use that. Would that not work with these? By the way, this is what I'm considering at the moment

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Blackheart-BH5H-and-BH112-Half-Stack?sku=483078
Telecasters-->Dunlop Volume Pedal-T1M Pearl-AMT Japanese Girl Wah-Line 6 M9-Ibanez DE7-EHX Cathedral-->Mesa Boogie Nomad 4x10 combo
yea that wont get you cleans at all. whats your budget?
Valveking CLIPS/Gear HERE
Depending on how much I get selling my old amp, 300-400. I'd prefer to stick to 300.
Do you already have a cab?

If so, get the 15W Handsome Devil head, if not, maybe you could go for a 212 + head.

I have the 15W combo, and it can keep up with a drummer pretty well, and it's nice having the clean tone because of the drive control, but it still breaks up, like all tube amps will. I love my Blackheart, but sometimes I feel it needs a "boost" like a 112 or 212.
Player, give me some brew an I might just chill
but I'm the type that like to light another joint like Cypress Hill
If you want cleans in a band situation I don't think the blackheart would cut it - for your budget I think something like the crate v-series would be ideal. The higher wattage will allow for better cleans at louder volumes, I can't speak for the V50 - but I'd suggest you put the extra money toward a tube swap because in my experience the stock ones were lousy.
Quote by guitar/bass76
If you want cleans in a band situation I don't think the blackheart would cut it - for your budget I think something like the crate v-series would be ideal. The higher wattage will allow for better cleans at louder volumes, I can't speak for the V50 - but I'd suggest you put the extra money toward a tube swap because in my experience the stock ones were lousy.

word

07 Fender American Deluxe Strat
07 Fender Custom Telecaster
09 Seymour Duncan Pickup Booster
09 Fulltone OCD V.4
10 Ibanez WH-10 V.2
09 Splawn SuperStock
10 Jet City JCA-20
97 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Yeh the SICK! bit sounds a bit stupid.

Maybe check out the Crate V50-112. It has really nice Fenderish cleans, but can get downright dirty.
Quote by souperman08
Alright, so I'm currently a semi-gigging musician, but The only thing I do on a regular basis is playing in worship band at my (small) church, and I also play in some "basement" bands, just mostly jamming out and having fun. So, I've decided I want to move up into the world of tube amps. So, I've been looking at the Blackheart amps, and essentially I needed to know how big of a stack/combo I would need to be able to match/overpower a loud drummer and occasionally a bass player. I've heard that tube wattage is louder then solid state wattage, but I have no clue how much. And does anyone here have any experience with Blackhearts?

Sorry bud. I've been fighting the 5 watt gig thing for 6 months and even micing into my PA it's barely adequate. I wouldn't touch anything less then 15 watts. 30 watts and above and you'll be golden.
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
Valve Junior (V3 Head/Cab and Combo)
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Wampler Super Plextortion
Line 6 Pod HD
Alright, I'm liking this Crate amp. I currently just have a Peavey Bandit, so I don't have a cab. Why is the V50-112 only 200? Because it seems like there has to be a catch with that. And I know little to nothing about tubes, how much would it cost to replace them and how complicated is that to do?
Look into Peavey Classics too. They pop up used all the time, and are built to a higher quality than it's Crate counterparts. But those crates are nice, they're just not as durable than the Peavey is.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
the crate v-series is cheap because they're being discontinued, there's absolutely nothing wrong with the amps themselves. i agree with the v50 recommendation
main rig:
MIM Tele->VP Jr.->CryBaby->Fuzz Factory->TS808->Carbon Copy->Phase 90->TU-3->Vox AC30CCH+Avatar 212 and Peavey VTM60+Marshall 1960A

Quote by necrosis1193
Fuzz...It's wonderful and horrible and beautiful and repulsive and so many things all at once.
The reason the V50 and the V18-212 are the same price is the speaker configuration. The V18-112 was going for $149, but they sold out pretty quick. Basically you are paying for the extra speaker with the V18-212.
Wow. Thanks for the help guys, I guess I'm gonna start saving up for the V18-212. Someone said I would want to replace the tubes, what kind should I replace them with? Do different type of tubes affect the sound that much, or is it just important that I get something better?