How much does the strings actually effect the tone?
In your eyes I see the darkness that tourments you, and in your head where it dwells, I'll give you my hand if you reach out and grab it, let's walk away from this hell.
a LOT. Enough to actually change the entire characteristics of your guitar. But of course, it also depends on your guitar.
Equipment:
- Art & Lutherie Cedar CW (SOLD! )
- Martin D-16RGT w/ LR Baggs M1 Active Soundhole Pickup
- Seagull 25th Anniversary Flame Maple w/ LR Baggs Micro EQ

Have an acoustic guitar? Don't let your guitar dry out! Click here.
really? lol i didn't know it was that important. I have a Jasmine by Takamine. Thanks
In your eyes I see the darkness that tourments you, and in your head where it dwells, I'll give you my hand if you reach out and grab it, let's walk away from this hell.
Yes really. I tried a set of Dean Markley's on my acoustic a while back and it made it louder, but darker and deeper. Then switched to a set of Martin Silkies. It was like a completely different guitar, both in playability and tone. The Martins were so light and bell like, with much more pronounced overtones and clarity.
wow... I just thought a string was a string lol is it the different gauges or the way it's wound or the material or all three? or more?
Guage, material, the core wire, how it's wound, etc. Everything will change the string's tone.
Equipment:
- Art & Lutherie Cedar CW (SOLD! )
- Martin D-16RGT w/ LR Baggs M1 Active Soundhole Pickup
- Seagull 25th Anniversary Flame Maple w/ LR Baggs Micro EQ

Have an acoustic guitar? Don't let your guitar dry out! Click here.