Got a certain line of effects they like to use? I've mostly been a fan of Boss and some of digitech's stuff, but... not so much anymore on the digitech. Anyway, I'm playing through a line 6 modeler, but... seriously, it's time for a switch.

So, anyone? I'm not talking processors, either. I mean individual pedals, for optimal sound.

Thanks for the input, guys. It's much appreciated.
My Rig:
Schecter 006 Diamond Series (Discontinued) Flat Black
Jackson JS30RR Metallic Blue
Line 6 Spider II 210
Boss TU-2
Sennheiser E835-S

Current Top 3:
Between the Buried and Me (Always)
The Faceless
Murder By Death
Well Boss and Digitech are big manufacturers, but that doesnt necessarily mean they're good. And if you're playing through a Line 6 Spider, get a new amp. If you mean a Flexitone or Vetta thats different.
Spider II. I love that amp, though. What's wrong with it? For a solidstate, it's got the best distortion I can find, not to mention more than decent blues tones and more clean stuff than you'd know what to do with.

I don't know. I like it, anyway, and I've had the thing for years.
My Rig:
Line 6 Spider II 210
Boss TU-2
Sennheiser E835-S

Current Top 3:
The Faceless
Murder By Death
i love boss, but also love the digitech bad monkey...so??
just try and see what comes out best
=BROLY - HIS POWER IS MAXIMUM=
Never liked the tone Digitech pedals give off and I'm not a fan of most Boss stuff because I think there are better alternatives out there. Plus I always thought they have too many options sometimes that I don't have a use for like their current Flanger or Phaser pedals for example. I've always been a fan of MXR stuff, simple to use and built like a brick sh!t house.
2003 Music Man Axis Pacific Blue Burst
My sig says it all.
(۳ ˚Д˚۳
WTFISTHIS****!?!??

My Rig

Quote by SimplyBen
Wait until he's trying the fullstack, then shove it from behind. Crushing him with it's overdrive

Quote by BobDetroit
You can't tune a LP copies down. Some kind of lawsuit Gibson won. Sorry.
Quote by chrisa123
My sig says it all.

Yea, the GT-10 is pretty much the ultimate floor effects unit. I have the GT-10B and I just don't have to worry about effects limitations anymore, it's so sweet
Yeah? I almost bought that a little while ago.
My Rig:
Line 6 Spider II 210
Boss TU-2
Sennheiser E835-S

Current Top 3:
The Faceless
Murder By Death
Quote by AnOblivion
Spider II. I love that amp, though. What's wrong with it? For a solidstate, it's got the best distortion I can find, not to mention more than decent blues tones and more clean stuff than you'd know what to do with.

I don't know. I like it, anyway, and I've had the thing for years.

Mate, you've never heard of Randall have you?
ohai little sig.
See, personally (and this is not a binary, solid matter of fact) I like the spider's tone far more. Randall isn't versatile. While it's good for me (at least, to an extent) in distortion, it's clean tones sound like... choking.
My Rig:
Line 6 Spider II 210
Boss TU-2
Sennheiser E835-S

Current Top 3:
The Faceless
Murder By Death
putting pedals on a modeler amp won't work good.

but if you like it, whatever, what kind of effects are you looking for? because there are some boxes that just far surpass others, not specific brands.

and personally, I never liked the gt-10 for the same reason I never liked the spider, too digital sounding.
Peavey 6505+
Fender Hot Rod Deville 410
Fender Telecaster Blacktop
Gretsch G5120
I like the Line 6 Pod XT series, takes a while to rid the digital sound to it, but once you mess with the EQ a bit you can get some pretty awesome tones
Let's assume I'm playing on a Peavey JSX for now. Distortion (for death metal and bluesy rock), chorus, delay (Verb, etc) and wah. Just to help get some bearings.

Thanks for the replies everyone.
My Rig:
Line 6 Spider II 210
Boss TU-2
Sennheiser E835-S

Current Top 3:
The Faceless
Murder By Death
most of my setup will be turning boutique over the next while, man i love some of the boutique stuff, very expensive though
I'm the one that has to die when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life, the way I want to
- Jimi Hendrix

Im tired of following my dreams, im going to ask them where their going and hook up with them later
- Mitch Hedberg
Quote by JackalUK
I like the Line 6 Pod XT series, takes a while to rid the digital sound to it, but once you mess with the EQ a bit you can get some pretty awesome tones

^ What he said, but chances are POD XT + modeller amp ( like my G-DEC 30 ) = Horrible f**ked up sounds, even on "neutral settings". BUT add a good speaker or headphones and BOOM, you get amazing tones that dont sound digital at all.
Gear:
95' Fender Richie Sambora Standard Stratocaster
06' Symphony SD54
07' Epiphone Les Paul Custom Plus
08' Recording King RD-17CFE
Fender G-DEC30
Line 6 POD XT
Blackstar Series One 45 Combo
10' Ernie Ball MusicMan JP6 BFR