Page 1 of 2
Doing a history assignment.

So, why was Kennedy a good president?
How did he change the US?
Why is he remembered?

Thanks!
Ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for your country.

Also, he banged Marilyn Monroe, that's just badass. Add that as a footnote on your assignment.
Catch me,
heal me,
Lift me back up to the Sun
I choose to live
He played the sex.

.....I mean sax.
Quote by ozzyismetal
Neopowell, that's because you are a pumped-up sex offender.
Quote by Kensai
You're exactly the kind of person who'd have sex in a bar drunk
Quote by Zero-Hartman
You're a terrible, terrible man. This is a new middle for you.

I write things. You can read them.Essay on UK student riots
See: Cuban Missile Crisis. He single handedly stopped the cold war from turning in to the Nuclear World War.

And more than that: Marilyn Monroe, seriously. When the president of the United States can have sex with the hottest woman of the century IN the White House and it not cause a scandal - you know that's a badass.
When you were born, you cried, and the world rejoiced. Live your life in such a manner that when you die, the world cries and you rejoice.
Kabir
Quote by neopowell
He played the sex.

.....I mean sax.

Wasn't that Clinton?

Quote by UndeadPaperclip
See: Cuban Missile Crisis. He single handedly stopped the cold war from turning in to the Nuclear World War.

And more than that: Marilyn Monroe, seriously. When the president of the United States can have sex with the hottest woman of the century IN the White House and it not cause a scandal - you know that's a badass.

You're thinking of the Cuban Missile Crisis. The Bay of Pigs was a US sponsored attempt to start an anti-commie revolution.
I <3 bangoodcharlotte

Quote by humperdunk
one time i let my cat has cheezburger. i thought it was pretty funny.
Quote by Firenze
Ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for your country.

Also, he banged Marilyn Monroe, that's just badass. Add that as a footnote on your assignment.

I reckon I will, my teacher will think I just wrote that he hit Marilyn Monroe....
She'd believe that too...
Quote by Mongoose87
Wasn't that Clinton?

You're thinking of the Cuban Missile Crisis. The Bay of Pigs was a US sponsored attempt to start an anti-commie revolution.

See the edited post I need to get to bed.
When you were born, you cried, and the world rejoiced. Live your life in such a manner that when you die, the world cries and you rejoice.
Kabir
Quote by Mongoose87
Wasn't that Clinton?

Crap. Read posts before replying, I should...
Quote by ozzyismetal
Neopowell, that's because you are a pumped-up sex offender.
Quote by Kensai
You're exactly the kind of person who'd have sex in a bar drunk
Quote by Zero-Hartman
You're a terrible, terrible man. This is a new middle for you.

I write things. You can read them.Essay on UK student riots
Because he didn't live long enough in office to **** things up.
I am the Stig.
I doubt this is the most credible source for your assignment.
Originally posted by TheBaron
I'm thinking you've got a beard...

Originally posted by Thornography
Okay well I want whiter teeth... and I would like to know if rubbing sandpaper on your teeth is safe or not.
a) No idea.
b) No idea.
c) Shot in the face. also Marilyn Monroe.
..is a girl
Quote by RPGoof
WAT
How about just send a ship at the speed up light directly to the sun, and the gravity will pull it towards the sun, thus speeding it over the speed of light.

Quote by Kaed15
a) No idea.
b) No idea.
c) Shot in the face. also Marilyn Monroe.

Quote by Ez0ph
That was a different Feb08er that threatened to suck you off
I remember that

Sadly, I was the threatened.
Quote by Firenze

Let it be known that I concur with everything this gentleman says, ever.

www.myspace.com/tarsusmusic
1) Protected American soil (Personally, I think America needs a little nuking to come back to reality, *flame shield*) and prevented the cold war from escalating into a full scale nuclear fallout.

2) ****ed Marilyn Monroe

3) Gave America identity as firm but fair power in the Cold War, and definately bought on an anti-communist attitude in America

4) Shot in the face, I mean seriously, is there an anymore awesome way to go out than be assasinated in public after ****ing Marilyn Monroe, while being one of the most loved President's America has had?
Quote by IROBOTInferno
I've never been caught (beating off), but my dad was picking up my gf once and "accidentaly" grabbed her boobs.
His decisions ultimately led to the deaths of over 50000 Americans and 2 million Vietnamese

He da man
Nothing of me is original. I am the combined effort of everybody I've ever known.

¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨
He was Catholic.
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
Killed before he could do potentially amazing things. Just like everyone that died to early became a legend, cause it triggers people fantasy of what could have been if they still lived.

Examples:

-Jimi Hendrix
-Kurt Cobain
-Randy Rhoads
-Dimebag Darrel
-Marilyn Monroe
-Martin Luther King
-JFK
-Heath Ledger
-Lady Dianna

& prolly a few more which I can't remember atm.

The "Re-incarnation of Plato" Award 2009
(most intelligent)
The "Good Samaritan" Award 2009 (most helpful)

[font="Palatino Linotype
Who's Andy Timmons??
He legalized marijuana.
Quote by whalepudding
That is the most Australian post I've ever seen.

Fuckin' oath, fella!!
Quote by 'GoodnightHero'
i absolutely fucking love you.
and it has nothing to do with your lego ACDC fetish.

Strewth, cobber! Good on ya!
*shields up*

As a Brit, I would say the following:

1) I'm not so sure that he was a good president - he was not around long enough, and had some very shady connections.

2) I would say the biggest change was giving the space race a massive cash injection after getting everyone paranoid about the ruskies getting space supremacy, or whatever.

3) He was assasinated + nobody was ever held accountable for it.
EPILPSTDYamahaRBX100BassTanglewoodTW28/STRFenderchamp600CubaseStudio5Saffirepro40AlesisM1ActiveMKIIMAudioKeystation88RodeNT1AShureSM57KeeleyModTS9MackieMCUwww.myspace.com/cuthbertgriswald
I'm not sure about Kennedy, but I'm sure about one question in my mind. Don't these assignments generally mean you research them YOURSELF instead of scabbing information off random people on a forum? I don't know, just a random thought, but I just thought that was the definition of a homework assignment.
he knows who really shot JFK.

oh, too soon?

but really, it's because he looked prettier than all the other presidents.
Sent from my iPad.
Quote by Chrois
I'm not sure about Kennedy, but I'm sure about one question in my mind. Don't these assignments generally mean you research them YOURSELF instead of scabbing information off random people on a forum? I don't know, just a random thought, but I just thought that was the definition of a homework assignment.

What's the difference in asking our opinions and reading some elses opinion?
Nothing of me is original. I am the combined effort of everybody I've ever known.

¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨
Just to add to the already mentioned information, as one of his first presidential acts, Kennedy created the Peace Corps. Through this program, Americans volunteered to help underdeveloped nations in areas such as education, farming, health care and construction.

Kennedy called his domestic program the "New Frontier". It ambitiously promised federal funding for education, medical care for the elderly, and government intervention to halt the recession. Kennedy also promised an end to racial discrimination. In 1963, he proposed a tax reform which included income tax cuts, but this was not passed by Congress until 1964, after his death. Few of Kennedy's major programs passed Congress during his lifetime, although, under his successor Johnson, Congress did vote them through in 1964–65.

Kennedy supported racial integration and civil rights, and during the 1960 campaign he telephoned Coretta Scott King, wife of the jailed Reverend Martin Luther King, Jr.
John and Robert Kennedy's intervention secured the early release of King from jail.
^courtesy of wikipedia

¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨
Quote by SlackerBabbath
Yup!

Now, if only the thread starter thought of doing that.

Ha ha

Damn! I'm terrible troll

¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨
He banged Marilyn Manson.
Quote by lizarday
oh yeah? well larry king the slayer guitarist owns bc rich guitars. (i think)
What's with all this cold war stuff. The cold war and detente began in full with the Nixon era and the Salt treaties of the seventies and became a full blown arms race with Reagan and his administration creating and stock piling arms in an effort to bankrupt the U.S.S.R, which they did.
The Bay of pigs was a disaster; one of the worst american military actions ever.

He was seen by many as embodying the hope of a new generation of Americans. The economy was looking up, the economic upswing allowed people to turn their concerns to like the environment and improving civil rights and access to higher education, and people were forgetting about the second world war.

EDIT; to threadstarted. Never, and I mean never use Wikipedia as a source for an academic paper. If your teacher has any professionalism whatso ever he will fail you for listing Wiki as a source. Do not be lazy, go to the library, do online searchs of online data bases, and source newspapers and government document achives. Its not hard to do now thanks to the internet.
Last edited by TwistedLogic at Nov 10, 2008,
I'm looking forward to seeing your bibliography. It'll look great when your key source is an internet guitar forum. Doing some proper research may be an idea.

Anyway, one of his main achievements was the solution to the Cuban Missile Crisis, where he decided that nuking Cuba wasn't actually such a great idea. Bad points included the large escalation of the war in Vietnam. He also was a key figure in the Civil Rights movement but he wasn't involved in pushing the Civil Rights Bill through, as he was dead. Johnson was the one who signed it.

Quote by TwistedLogic
What's with all this cold war stuff. The cold war and detente began in full with the Nixon era and the Salt treaties of the seventies and became a full blown arms race with Reagan and his administration creating and stock piling arms in an effort to bankrupt the U.S.S.R, which they did.

The Cold War began in 1945, with the collapse and division of Germany.
Last edited by SmarterChild at Nov 10, 2008,
Quote by SmarterChild
I'm looking forward to seeing your bibliography. It'll look great when your key source is an internet guitar forum. Doing some proper research may be an idea.

Anyway, one of his main achievements was the solution to the Cuban Missile Crisis, where he decided that nuking Cuba wasn't actually such a great idea. Bad points included the large escalation of the war in Vietnam. He also was a key figure in the Civil Rights movement but he wasn't involved in pushing the Civil Rights Bill through, as he was dead. Johnson was the one who signed it.

The choice wasn't to nuke Cuba or not, it was whether to invade or not

¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨
Quote by Bendybaws
The choice wasn't to nuke Cuba or not, it was whether to invade or not

Well, they could have invaded or nuked it. And an invasion of Cuba would have then involved an attack on the US by the Soviets and retaliation. Nukes would have been used at some point.
Quote by SmarterChild

I do not know about that. It might be the case technically, but what was conceived of as the cold war then was basically and ideological devide that was developed between the west and democratic ideals and the soviet dominated east and its communist ideology. You are indeed right and I am wrong. I was thinking more in terms of the rise in missile production, the invasion of Poland and Chec , mutually assured destruction, and detente. YOu speak the truth dude.
Last edited by TwistedLogic at Nov 10, 2008,
Quote by TwistedLogic

EDIT; to threadstarted. Never, and I mean never use Wikipedia as a source for an academic paper. If your teacher has any professionalism whatso ever he will fail you for listing Wiki as a source. Do not be lazy, go to the library, do online searchs of online data bases, and source newspapers and government document achives. Its not hard to do now thanks to the internet.

True, Wikipedia is, however, a good source of general information on most subjects which you can then go and check elsewhere for confirmation.
Use it as a starting point for research but never as a source.
He did some good things. Nothing spectacular, but good things. Oh yea, and

BACK and to the left.....
Man, never listen to me. Listen to smarterchild. Czec and Poland were both under the communist sphere of influence during the period post 1945. I am officially an idiot. And to Slackerbabbath; if you can find stuff and wiki as a lead to certain information that can be backed up with better and more reliable sources, then I am all for that. But using Wiki alone would be iffy. Hey, I am an idiot anyway. DO NOT TRUST ME.
Quote by Green_Jelly
He banged Marilyn Manson.

Pretty sure he didn't.
Quote by juancsego
i have a right to do anything with the least amount of activity possible and if u cant respect that u can go to japan and buy panties out of vending machines...communists

If you live in Australia, save your internet:

Click.
^ He could have. No one knows for sure. But he did have a way with the ladies.

He was an ok president. It was more the optimism and symbol of change he brought from the years of Truman and Eisenhower being a younger man and stud. He stopped the Cuban Missile Crisis just in time. He had good ideas, some that LBJ pushed through like the civil rights act, health care, space race. However, he also escalated the Vietnam War and the Bay of Pigs failure was incredibly bad. And he said the quote in my sig.
It's gonna be a blue day
Quote by SmarterChild

Although you could argue that the cold war began in 1917 after the Russian Revolution in which Britain, France etc invaded Russia to support the counter-revolutionary anti-communists, and that the expansion of Germany provided both the capitalist countries and Russia a common enemy and allowed them to put aside their ideological differences.

But I digress

www.wikipedia.org

followed by some real research.
Quote by juancsego
i have a right to do anything with the least amount of activity possible and if u cant respect that u can go to japan and buy panties out of vending machines...communists

If you live in Australia, save your internet:

Click.
Page 1 of 2