Is this pedal suitable for Muse, Hendrix and some metal? I actually wanted it for a Smashing Pumpkins sound. Kinda wondering what it actually suits
Quote by razorback91
Im sorry, I just don't see how you could argue that hardcore isn't metal. That just seems arrogant to me.

Yes, its its own kind of metal, but its still metal.
I use a Cube 60
Quote by razorback91
Im sorry, I just don't see how you could argue that hardcore isn't metal. That just seems arrogant to me.

For Hendrix? Shit no!
For Muse? Shit no!

Muff is scooped as hell and not fuzzy enough for either
K, can anybody recommend a pedal which give me a Smashing Pumpkins/Muse/Hendrix sound with an transistor amp (in this case Cube 60)

Edit: for more a metallica like sound is a Pro Co RAT 2 Distortion Pedal good with a Cube 60?
Quote by razorback91

Last edited by 08L1V10N at Nov 11, 2008,
Don't use distortion with ss amps. For god's sake don't use distortion with transistor amps.

You might like a catlinbread v8 fuzz, there are so many fuzzes out there (people seem to love building things that make a shit-ton of extra noises for their wierd noise-rock) so just look around.
very fuzzy on its own, sounds very smooth when i put it after a turned on tubescreamer...either way itll work for hendrix and muse def
'I love her, but I love to fish...I'm gonna miss her"
Or can I get a fuzzy muse sound out of the Roland w/out a pedal? Can anybody help me with this?
Quote by razorback91

Quote by Highwaytohell
Don't use distortion with ss amps. For god's sake don't use distortion with transistor amps.

Blah blah blah I use a Big Muff Pi in my effects chain into a solid state amp and it sounds killer.
Quote by SteveHouse
This thread is officially about sucking Sleaze off for a sig.

Quote by tayroar
Hey Sleaze I'll give you a blowjob if you sig me. Maybe even some nudey photos?

Quote by crazy8rgood

Sleaze, that made me lulz in my pants.

Quote by 36mikeyb36
hahaha Sleaze i'd give you my mom for that one.
Quote by Sleaze Disease
Blah blah blah I use a Big Muff Pi in my effects chain into a solid state amp and it sounds killer.

i'm curious to know what amp it is. some solid states take pedals better than others. but generally when you run the big muff into a clean sound on any amp, be it solid state or tube, you just get a lot of harsh nastiness, from my experience at least. slight tube breakup is where its at with the big muff.
Rig Winter 2017:

Fender Jazzmaster/Yamaha SG1000
Boss TU-3, DS-2, CS-3, EHX small stone, Danelectro delay
Laney VC30-112 with G12H30 speaker, or Session Rockette 30 for smaller gigs
Elixir Nanoweb 11-49 strings, Dunlop Jazz III XL picks
Shure SM57 mic in front of the amp
Billy Corgan records with a Big Muff. Hendrix apparently tried out a prototype and was impressed, so I think EHX was a bit inspired by his fuzz sound. Matt Bellamy uses a Zvex Fuzz Factory, which seems more like a noise/super high gain fuzz pedal to get weird noises and feedback. The Muffs are good pedals, but only if you're running through a decent amp. Even though Roland Cubes are good practice amps, the Muff's sound is not gunna be the greatest. They sound better in front of tube amps.
Ok, thanks! That made a lot clear.
But is there maybe a pedal that actually does sound at its best in front of the Cube?
Quote by razorback91