Alright, so basically I have this insatiable desire to mod my guitar. I've already done a ton to it-mostly swapping out hardware, but also some very simple wiring stuff (Resoldered some suspicious joints, added a killswitch and an onboard passive distortion-the Strawberry Ice mod. Sorry I can't get you a link, but the AOL page was taken down).

Now I want to tackle something a little more complicated: I saw a sustainer preamp on Project Guitar (http://www.projectguitar.com/tut/sustainer.htm). It's not too tough, and I already have everything I need save the op-amp, but I'd like to expand on the idea if I could. I was wondering if you, the knowledgeable Guitar Building and Customizing forum, could help me add a 3-band active EQ to the circuit? I wouldn't know where to begin-I'm no electronics whiz, I just follow directions.

I'd like to put this before the distortion to drive it harder, and have the option to use it with or without both the sustainer and the distortion. I'd also like to know the best way to mount the board in my guitar once I'm done. Lastly, even though I said before that I'm no good with electronics I am willing to learn, so if instead of/in addition to being flat-out told how to make an eq out of the circuit you could give me a link to the knowledge I would require, that would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance for all your help!
Studies show that 89.27% of all statistics are made up on the spot.
Ooh, thank you! I'd never heard of guitar nuts before, but it looks good so far. Thanks for the resource!
no worries, and i actually found it from another thread in this gear building forum! so thanks to UG then.
Took a look, and they've got plenty of cool stuff. I'll probably make an account on the forums and beg for help. Thanks again!