I'm thinking of going to my school counselor because I think I have alot of problems in my life, I don't even know what it is but it really seems and feels like that I do have problems, I don't even have a best friend to talk to.

So I'm asking you guys, is it a good idea to go to a counselor or do I have nothing to worry about and I'm just being an angsty teen?
I'd do it. If not you might end up all screwed in the head and do stuff like start every word of a sentence with capital letters.
Quote by ozzyismetal
Neopowell, that's because you are a pumped-up sex offender.
Quote by Kensai
You're exactly the kind of person who'd have sex in a bar drunk
Quote by Zero-Hartman
You're a terrible, terrible man. This is a new middle for you.

I write things. You can read them.Essay on UK student riots
I know how you feel, to be honest a counsellor is a good option for you if you feel that there's no-one to talk to. they're objective and don't judge you. However be aware that they aren't going to give you answers, just help you find the answers for yourself.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ihavnofingrprnt
well there are only three true people alive today who are actually possesed by satan

Dakota Fanning, the kfc general dude, and my neighbor and all of them dont have much musical ability
Quote by neopowell
I'd do it. If not you might end up all screwed in the head and do stuff like start every word of a sentence with capital letters.

the man's got a point.

or, you could just make more friends and get a bit more confident - you seem like a shy person. at school there are always other people who feel similar to you. so find them, and you'll find where you fit in.
See them, there's no harm and it does a lot more good than bad.

I went and saw one twice and they really help, actually I saw the school nurse but anyway just see one
Quote by Bartleby
i tune to drop-Z and string my guitar with barbed wire.

Quote by UncleCthulhu
we r all rlaeted bcuz teh bibel sez so we r al innbreads lolo

Prime Minister of Puppets of The Australia FTW Club

One of The 9 Winners of the Official 5th MOD Contest
Quote by neopowell

its an OCD thing.... my fam is neat and proper
Quote by darkrikku
Well It Depends On Ur Emotional State, And If You Want A Best Friend, Well Go Out And Find One, Try New Kids At School, Or Something Like That

And If You Type Like This, You Are F*cking Retarded.

I mean, seriously? Who the f*ck types like that anymore?
you know that this will go on your report. as in <insert name here> saw the councillor....

nah jks but if you seriously have no one to talk to go councillor
SATCH FTW!!!
NSW Group FTW!

There's nothing incredibly interesting here.
Whether you try to make more friends or not, see a counsellor. They're trained to help out in that situation. I don't see my school counsellor any more because for two years I was forced to go, which turned into one of those "get the fuck away from me" things so I referred to someone outside. I'm still in a bad place when it comes to self harm and all that, but I know there's someone there just in case.
Go for it man. I went too one, and I don't regret it at all. Worse case, scenario, his a dick and you don't like him. Doesn't affect you in the slightest does it? Best case scenario, you do in fact have something going on that he can help you with. There's no downside

Besides, everyone needs a little guidance now and then. Best of luck dude

Sanity is not statistical
Quote by Markhimself
Isnt there an EMO thread for this kind of thing?

Don't think so. However, there are mutiple FAIL threads. You may want to consider taking this statement and that entire attitude there

Quote by Markhimself
Isnt there an EMO thread for this kind of thing?

Wow that was funny, you are SO FUCKING FUNNY!

Emo was a subgenre of hardcore that came out in the 1990's. What the TS is describing is loneliness, signs that can often lead to depression. Big difference, sozz.
They help, a lot, I started seeing my school counsellor... Nearly 2 years ago now, it's really helpful to have someone there to talk to, even better than a best friend because friends judge.
I've always wanted to go find someone to talk to but I've always ended up not doing so because it feels so awkward.
Quote by icaneatcatfood
On second thought, **** tuning forks. You best be carrying around a grand piano that was tuned by an Italian
My counselor was convinced I was on heroin and wanted to burn my house down. I was 15 at the time. She told me parents and we had an intervention to get me off the heroin, and then sent me to a mental hospital to get evaluated.
Quote by Ez0ph
That was a different Feb08er that threatened to suck you off
I remember that

Sadly, I was the threatened.
Quote by Firenze

Let it be known that I concur with everything this gentleman says, ever.

www.myspace.com/tarsusmusic
Quote by Internal Chaos
www.kidshelp.com.au

Kids Help Line on the internet. During certain hours, you can talk to a counsellor in a chat room. No face to face, no contact, nothing. Completely anonymous.

Might be what you're looking for

Dude, I was just about to post that haha.

I've never personally tried it, coz a lot of my friends have been through the same shit as me, but I have heard a few blokes talking about it, and if you're nervous about the face to face side of things, it is a great alternative. Plus, the waste of semen and eggs who bag people who go see counsellors have no idea you are talking too one. Complete anonymity my friend

They won't solve your problems for you, but they'll help you do it yourself. Do it.
Quote by lizarday
oh yeah? well larry king the slayer guitarist owns bc rich guitars. (i think)
Quote by Internal Chaos
www.kidshelp.com.au

Kids Help Line on the internet. During certain hours, you can talk to a counsellor in a chat room. No face to face, no contact, nothing. Completely anonymous.

Might be what you're looking for

hmmm...I'll check into that. thanks for posting this
Quote by icaneatcatfood
On second thought, **** tuning forks. You best be carrying around a grand piano that was tuned by an Italian
Quote by Low_End_Rocker
You may want to consider taking this statement and that entire attitude there

No, this is too much fun

Wow that was funny, you are SO ****ING FUNNY!

A little bit excessive but thank you ( brown paper bag..... deep breaths )

Emo was a subgenre of hardcore that came out in the 1990's

Thanks for the history lesson..... i'll file that in my who gives a shit folder

What the TS is describing is loneliness, signs that can often lead to depression

Im very sorry to hear about that, i unfortunately cannot relate because im not EMO.... however! there is one easy solution to ur "problem" ...... TALK to people!! go to a bar get smashed an TALK to people..... hmmmm maybe i should be a counselor!!!
PuTTing it StRAIGHt In YOUr MoUTH
totally do it man. get your sh*t sorted when ur young cause it only get worse when ur older. the other good thing about it is its free when ur at school. do it
Quote by Markhimself
No, this is too much fun

Im very sorry to hear about that, i unfortunately cannot relate because im not EMO.... however! there is one easy solution to ur "problem" ...... TALK to people!! go to a bar get smashed an TALK to people..... hmmmm maybe i should be a counselor!!!

Hmm... so you're 25 and still have this attitude? What are you over-compensating for? You were the sort of ******** I used to get into arguments/fights with for picking on people younger than you. Apparently nothing changes hey?

Quote by Markhimself
No, this is too much fun

You know what?

*Reported*

And thank you to all the people who've provided serious responses so far, I'm strongly considering going now.
Yeah go to the counselor (sp?) and have a chat. You might even become good friends with them if they're nice. At my old school we had a priest counselor and we became really good friends. I'm talking REAL good friends. Taught me many different ways to get pleasure... out of life.
Quote by whalepudding
That is the most Australian post I've ever seen.

Fuckin' oath, fella!!
Quote by 'GoodnightHero'
i absolutely fucking love you.
and it has nothing to do with your lego ACDC fetish.

Strewth, cobber! Good on ya!
Quote by XianXiuHong
You know what?

*Reported*

And thank you to all the people who've provided serious responses so far, I'm strongly considering going now.

Yeah, go for it buddy Never hurts to try new things. With the exception of S&M...

Quote by Markhimself

Since he's talking about seeing his school counsellor I doubt going to a bar and getting smashed is an option for him.

And yes, only people who listen to emo music feel sad. Fuck off.
I'LL PUNCH A DONKEY IN THE STREETS OF GALWAY
Last edited by whalepudding at Nov 10, 2008,
Quote by Markhimself
No, this is too much fun

You are an ignorant fucking cunt. Go fuck yourself.

*teabags*

Threadstarter, I know EXACTLY what you're talking about and I've been through more than what you're talking about. If you need to chat, my email is on my profile. Don't listen to stupid fuckers like this, they mean absolutely nothing and if they're gonna say they're going to call you a genre of music that's practically dead, don't waste your time thinking about it.

Advice? See the school counsellor, but if you get the chance, see an outside of school one, the free ones are always good (yspace.com.au) and they're anonymous, so your parents don't have to know. If you make regular appointments you can tell them you're going to a friends house for study. Keep in mind if they think you have intentions of self harm or suicide, they will contact your parents, but they will tell you first.

Good luck, hope it all works out.