This friday im going to a guitar store and not to school =D

My mum's cool with it seeing as i have a dentist appointment in the morning and wont make school till pretty late anyway.

I'm going to a large music store called 'Drummers Dream' and was just wondering what you guys recommend i play around with, i have an hour minimum id say, 2 and a half tops. I'm looking to try out a new amp andway so im defo trying amps out, and also looking into les pauls.

Do you guys have any top pedals, guitars, amps that i should look for to fu*k around with?
Quote by Fred1000000
Retards are God's way of telling you you could be worse off, AND entertaining you at the same time!
You could try an Orange Rockerverb,a Marshall JCM 800 or Mesa and the LP Black Beauty so you can start dreaming of having one and start whining about not having enough money....that's what always happens to me
Ibanez RGA 8 (Dimarzio D Activator 8)->Rocktron Hush->Engl E530 preamp->Marshall 9200 poweramp->Marshall 4x12 closed back cab w/ G12t75's
for metal, check out peavey's 6505 [+] if they have em there..
also, i would be running straight to the les pauls. i own an epiphone, and love it. but i still get around with them as much as i can =]...
unless they have ESP Eclipses... they feel like crap to play
I would try and combine effects that no one would ever dream of creating. That would be cool. Or just try out everything.
Quote by Hitler Is Love
play with the JEM!

that'd b nice seeing as i have an rg350DX, the JEM is like my guitar, just more steve vai
Quote by Fred1000000
Retards are God's way of telling you you could be worse off, AND entertaining you at the same time!
Quote by oatley
that'd b nice seeing as i have an rg350DX, the JEM is like my guitar, just more steve vai

wow when i tried the JEM i was REALLY careful. And it was an awesome guitar
Try the red ones. They go faster!
Quote by necrosis1193
John Entwistle once in a while. I had to try to find him when I saw The Who two years ago.

Quote by sticksause
butthose bagpipes sound awesome.
Quote by The red Strat.
especially the strats.

RG goes quicker than strats do. the lighten neck gives the user quicker acceleration from 0-24 frets. anyway just try whatever the hell you want man find something you want then you would have a piece of equipment to save for
Quote by azn_guitarist25
RG goes quicker than strats do. the lighten neck gives the user quicker acceleration from 0-24 frets. anyway just try whatever the hell you want man find something you want then you would have a piece of equipment to save for

but the heavier sound of the humbuckers slows it down.
Try as many as you can play I see your going to upgrade your amp so play them thru an amp your planning on upgrading to. I always go for the used guitars first then the Epis, Gibsons, Schecters after that anything goes BG Rich, DEAN, Jackson, Ibanez. I get lost in guitar shops I can spend hours not just playing but talking to other guitarists and the sales staff. It's always good to befriend sales staff. I like to hand out Dunkin Donuts gift cards to the guys who take care of me. They will go the extra yard for you on price etc. LOL One guy at a GC used to give me his discount!! I do not like Fender guitars so I don't bother with them at all but that's me I am sure that is all some people go for first and only. Look online and find guitars you would like to try print pics and price quotes so you have an idea of what your spending and some places will try and give you a similar deal.