first off, if this in the wrong thread im sorry, it kinda classifies in like 3 catagories so i chose the pit

ok, i have a standard desk mic and i want my recordings to sound louder, the guitar i use is a plain acoustic, no acoustic/electric with me :/

so how could i make it sound a little bit louder without completely making it sound shitty

heres my myspace

myspace.com/rikku223music

i know my voice is shitty, and idc really
inb4 douche flaming about misspelling the thread topic. But I dunno, with your recordings maybe amplify them using Audacity? That might shitty up the sound a bit but you could have a play around. Other than that, maybe a better mic is in need of pruchasing.
Quote by whalepudding
That is the most Australian post I've ever seen.

Fuckin' oath, fella!!
Quote by 'GoodnightHero'
i absolutely fucking love you.
and it has nothing to do with your lego ACDC fetish.

Strewth, cobber! Good on ya!
Quote by newbie08
inb4 douche flaming about misspelling the thread topic. But I dunno, with your recordings maybe amplify them using Audacity? That might shitty up the sound a bit but you could have a play around. Other than that, maybe a better mic is in need of pruchasing.

i know i will get eaten alive for this question,

but if i use a standard kareoke mic, and plug it into and amp, will it pick up the acoustic guitar?
and then how would i be able to transfer it into a wva(or w.e its called)

plz help. im a newb at recording
For acoustic you want a condenser mic, you can probably grab a cheap one for like £50
It'll work well for vocals as well
A mixer will help you out a lot as well, you can get a decent 4-track for £35 as well
For better quality you want to record guitar and vocals separately so you can make changes to each
ohai little sig.
Quote by darkrikku
i know i will get eaten alive for this question,

but if i use a standard kareoke mic, and plug it into and amp, will it pick up the acoustic guitar?
and then how would i be able to transfer it into a wva(or w.e its called)

plz help. im a newb at recording

Wow. Never call yourself a noob. You need an audio interface to get the sound from the mic to your computer. It would go:

Mic>Interface>USB/Firewire on computer.

Hope this helps.