I have found this in an ad but I'm not sure what model it is. Does anyone know?
Also how do Alvarez acoustics compare to other guitars in the similar price range?
Last edited by radio_schizo at Nov 10, 2008,
my friend has an alverez and believe you me ther the undeniable god of acoustic guitars
fight the power... with peace

Originally Posted by Cockpuncher 2.0
Fail town, population you

When God said "Let there be light", Joey Jordison said "Say please".

Man is a universe within himself
Bob Marley
Pox!
Quote by radio_schizo
I have found this in an ad but I'm not sure what model it is. Does anyone know?
Also how do Alvarez acoustics compare to other guitars in the similar price range?

I'm also considering the Vintage V300, Norman B18 or maybe the Lorenzo L449. I can't try before I buy so I'm not sure which to go for.

Look at the sticker inside the guitar.
Alvarez are some of the better bang for the buck guitars made today. I own one and couldn't be happier with it.
I'm assuming you took that picture from a craigslist ad or something. It's pretty much impossible to tell what the model is based on that picture. Try asking the seller what the model is. There should be a label in the soundhole with the model on it.

Also, how much is the seller asking for the guitar?

And yeah, Alvarez makes great acoustic guitars.
Alvarez has been in the acoustic guitar since the beginning, and I was actually looking at one right now...

But I like Alvarez acoustics because they have remarkable action, I can shred on it as good, or even better than my washburn WI64 DL (electric). And it's a good name to be proud of having on your head, even for their cheaper models.
ADVERTISING SPACE FOR SALE!
I don't charge much...

If you don't click this , you'll die :/

Very well. You can spend $250 to $5000 on an Alvarez and be sure that its gonna compete with any other guitar in its price range. The next guitar I buy is going to be an Alvarez.
I got it for 60 pounds. With a case a strap and some elixer strings. I'm really pleased with it. Turns out it is a Rd8. It definately sounds good and has an amazing action...it sounds especially nice considering it has a laminate top. I can't wait to hear it with the new strings on it.
^ You my friend will deffinitely benefit from installing a bone saddle on that guitar. Unless it's already been done that is. New, they come with plastic ones along with plastic bridge pins. Both will wear pretty quickly, especially the pins. The saddle will more than likely have little grooves in it where the strings ride. When restringing, be sure to get the strings back into those grooves, otherwise your intonation will be off. And as they get deeper, they in turn will throw off the intonation. The nut seems to be made of tougher stuff tho, maybe Tusq(man-made bone).
If you decide to make the swap, check here for a detailed "How To":

http://www.frets.com/FRETSPages/Musician/Guitar/Setup/MakeNewSaddle/newsaddle01.html
Quote by LeftyDave
^ You my friend will deffinitely benefit from installing a bone saddle on that guitar. Unless it's already been done that is. New, they come with plastic ones along with plastic bridge pins. Both will wear pretty quickly, especially the pins. The saddle will more than likely have little grooves in it where the strings ride. When restringing, be sure to get the strings back into those grooves, otherwise your intonation will be off. And as they get deeper, they in turn will throw off the intonation. The nut seems to be made of tougher stuff tho, maybe Tusq(man-made bone).
If you decide to make the swap, check here for a detailed "How To":

http://www.frets.com/FRETSPages/Musician/Guitar/Setup/MakeNewSaddle/newsaddle01.html

Cool. Cheers for the advice!