so im in the market for a mid priced guitar.

http://www.guitar.com.au/guitars/electric/dean/ml_noir_xt.htm

i saw this and it LOOKS rad, but how does it sound/play/feel/smell/taste etc.

i play metal/grindcore/deathcore/hardcore/black metal, and im sure you can pick that up by my ug user name...

im open to other suggestions.

i dont really prefer fat or thin necks, more the feel of them, although thin always does feel pretty sexy in my hand..

most of the shit i play is really fast, bands like, the acacia strain, behemoth, white chapel, nile, parkway drive..etc

any help related to the axe i posted above would also be greatly appreciated
No, wings suck just walk. Anyways, my friend bought this and I'm not impressed, Its alright but nothing special, if your set on a Dean, get a Razorback, way more badass, looks sounds and plays better.
Gear
Jackson Rhodes
Jackson Kelly With EMG HZ's
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Sierra 28ce Acoustic Electric
Peavey Vypyr 212 (tube)
Line 6 Floor pod
Ibanez Toneblaster 30w
Custom Bass I built from spare parts
Fender Rumble 60 bass amp
I got a low end Mustaine V and I love it. I rarely play it due to my amazing Ernie Ball but yeah It plays really nice and it's a low end one so Im sure any of them will be amazing. And alot of metal guys play dean so go for it dude.

If you do choose it hope you enjoy
Quote by Myung'sMusicman
I got a low end Mustaine V and I love it. I rarely play it due to my amazing Ernie Ball but yeah It plays really nice and it's a low end one so Im sure any of them will be amazing. And alot of metal guys play dean so go for it dude.

If you do choose it hope you enjoy

what a delightful change on ug

im used to these bullshit replies like "no that sucks, your a faggot go die"

thanks mate hahaha
whats your price range, because this is an awesome guitar, but personally I would swap the pick-ups eventually

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Dean-Razorback-DB-Electric-Guitar?sku=514870
Gear
Jackson Rhodes
Jackson Kelly With EMG HZ's
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Sierra 28ce Acoustic Electric
Peavey Vypyr 212 (tube)
Line 6 Floor pod
Ibanez Toneblaster 30w
Custom Bass I built from spare parts
Fender Rumble 60 bass amp
Generally Dean guitars are pretty good, but I've not played this one - I hate Vs with a passion. May I suggest finding a copy of this in a shop and playing it?
i think it looks cool, don't think it could come any blacker
24.75" scale should make it easy for bending/vibrato
and yeah if the pickups aren't that good u can swap em later on
but yeah if u can play it before u buy then all the better, or at least play a similarly priced Dean as some sort of gauge, as well as other guitars in that price range (can I recommend Schecter?) to match Dean's quality at that price point against other manufacturers.
Last edited by yenners at Nov 10, 2008,
I love DEANs and I have an older ML Noir, it's amazing! I was lucky to get mine off Craigs list for only $100.00 w/padded gig bag from a kid who couldn't get the hang of the trem and just wanted to unload the DEAN. LOL

My Noir is heavy! I couldn't believe how heavy it is so I doubt it's basswood. It sounds great and plays like a dream it has the LFR but it is a good one.
I am not sure what pick ups are on mine they are not blade pups listed in the add you posted. Mine have black EMG type covers on them so they could be blade pups under that. Mine is a few years old so they might have changed things up a lot since then to keep the cost down. All I can say is I am very happy with the playability and sound from mine. I think this new one might not be as good as the older one I have but if you can give it a try. I would swear mine is mahogany by the weight alone and not basswood. I will see if I can find a newer model this weekend when I do my regular rounds of the music stores. I would like to know how different they might be.
Quote by yenners
i think it looks cool, don't think it could come any blacker
24.75" scale should make it easy for bending/vibrato
and yeah if the pickups aren't that good u can swap em later on
but yeah if u can play it before u buy then all the better, or at least play a similarly priced Dean as some sort of gauge, as well as other guitars in that price range (can I recommend Schecter?) to match Dean's quality at that price point against other manufacturers.

I agree! But i would always recomend playing the exact guitar you are thinking of buying. Very often just because they look exactally the same, They are not, Always try before you buy!
i dono man. ive never played one. but i dont trust them.

honestlyyy....i think you should look elsewhere. in my opinion, i dont get a guitar that looks "metal" mainly because you can tell what kind of music i like by what im playing.

if you have a little extra money, i bought a Schecter C-1 hellraiser.

it is the best guitar in my opinion. I play in a deathcore band called Hang The Wench (www.myspace.com/hangthewenchmd). It has active emg 81/85 pickups, and the lowest action without buzz possible.

im not knocking the guitar your looking at, but just try it before you buy it. and when you go to the music store, use an amp that you have there. good luck buddy.
Dean guitars are overpriced for what you get, look into schecters or even LTD.
Quote by Demonazzz
I prefer barbed wire strings. I find I can get the most br00t41 tonez with it.
Dean makes awesome guitars, i would highly recommend getting the Noir...they are the cheaper versions but they will still have everything you want if you're looking for a metal guitar.