Page 1 of 2
Looks awesome! How busy was the event? Looks like you got a pretty good location for the stand, not in the middle and cramped

Quote by dogismycopilot
Absent Mind, words cant express how much i love you. Id bone you, oh yea.

Quote by lumberjack
Absent Mind is, as usual, completely correct.

Quote by littlemurph7976
Id like to make my love for Neil public knowledge as he is a beautiful man
It was really good. Got loads of interest. The stand wasnt in that good a location, coz I was right on the edge everyone seemed to just miss that row out. Made loads of contacts, sold a guitar and got a couple of orders so it was worth while.
That looks like an amazing stand, I'd have been drawn over from across the room.

Nice one man
Quote by Liberation
Every time I see your avatar I want to slit your neck with a butterknife. Goddamn Pingu.
Nice stand. Dammit that bubinga(?) explorer is sweet
R.I.P. Les Paul, 1915-2009

A man chooses, a slave obeys.
did you get dave mustaine to try a guitar out? you mentioned he was gonna be there...
Thank you please.
the fretboard for the tele is an off-cut of the rosewood, isn't it? the grain looks the same

hope everything went well. which guitar did you sell?
Support your local luthier!

Timpson Guitars and TDM Pickups rock ;D

I make guitars and pickups. I also make sh*t that'll blow you the f*k up as well as things that will rebuild you - I have the technology
That tele must be mine.

If it goes missing, don't ask any questions.

It's just the way of life.
------

Shwiggity.
It was a great event!
I got myself a free Fender t-shirt

Anyway, I can say that the all rosewood guitar is an amazing guitar to play! It played like butter, sounded amazing and sustained forever. I loved the tone and I ain't an EMG fan at all!

Was great to see these guitars, and I really am getting tempted to save for one of your guitars!
That telecaster is godly. Stupid Birmingham being too far away

Do the London Guitar Show next!!! PLEASE?!!
Your use of papyrus is saddening
[IMG]http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y5/Fuzzycows5157/canada.bmp[/IMG]
papyrus?

Might do the london show yeah. Got the Guy on the Diezel stand trying to get me to use ex at future shows too now!
Digging the superstrat on the floor. That headstock looks awesome. Is this your only source of income?
Quote by lizarday
oh yeah? well larry king the slayer guitarist owns bc rich guitars. (i think)
did you build that les paul? I love it, but isn't it illegal to sell guitars with Gibson on the headstock?
Quote by guitarcam123
did you build that les paul? I love it, but isn't it illegal to sell guitars with Gibson on the headstock?

It didn't have a price on it?

Anyway, sorry to hijack... is that the zakk wylde wah I see? I'm considering one...
Don't take me too seriously.

Live Life
Quote by guitarcam123

it says eve on the headstock
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Antisocial Behaviour Order. A chav's equivalent of GCSEs.
Quote by rancidryan
it says eve on the headstock

Before or after the fat Gibson Logo?

and by the looks it, JS has modded the shit out of it, and assumingly it was there for display purposes.
Don't take me too seriously.

Live Life
oops my bad i thought it was one of his les pauls tis a gibson
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Antisocial Behaviour Order. A chav's equivalent of GCSEs.
Quote by Green_Jelly
Digging the superstrat on the floor. That headstock looks awesome. Is this your only source of income?

No, I work full time and build in what little spare time I have.

Quote by guitarcam123

No, that ones a genuine les paul. Its a 2001 white Custom I "slightly" modded!
I took it along as a tone and feel comparison, EVERY SINGLE PERSON who played it and then played a few of mine said the Gibson doesnt even come close to mine.

Ironicly thats the only guitar I sold! lol The only one I didnt make. . . . . . . . . . .
Sold it to the guy who used to be the reviews editor of Total Guitar, he said hes gonna use it on some amp and pedal reviews in the future so thats cool.

I got an offer on the Sunday morning for the Rosewood one for the full asking price but turned it down coz I'd decided to keep it after loads of people said that it was awesome.

Gonna try and get it reviewed in Guitarist mag after Xmas.

Quote by forsaknazrael
haha
Are you, by chance, a graphic designer?

lol, no. Just messing in photoshop until I found something I liked!

Quote by WOWdoritos
Anyway, sorry to hijack... is that the zakk wylde wah I see? I'm considering one...

AMAZING, best wah on the market IMHO.
Last edited by jscustomguitars at Nov 10, 2008,
Quote by LP Addict
when you start a huge company and need help get at me so i can get a work visa and get the ass outa here. haha.

Deal!
Quote by forsaknazrael
haha
Are you, by chance, a graphic designer?

It's your font.

you caught me
[IMG]http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y5/Fuzzycows5157/canada.bmp[/IMG]
Quote by Fuzzycows5157
you caught me

So are you also one of those deranged indiviuals who are on a rabid crusade against Arial?
Quote by LP Addict
when you start a huge company and need help get at me so i can get a work visa and get the ass outa here. haha.

Same for me?

(After I become an established luthier of course.)
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
Otter, you're my new god.
I'd typed out the same thing not even a week ago, but my computer crashed.

I'm totally game for building guitars forever. can't say i'd be unhappy building guitars. ever. =)

hell, it helped me get through my rough patches
------

Shwiggity.
Drugs and alcohol get me through the rough patches.

Building guitars is a way of life though. Sort of like Atkins.
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
Otter, you're my new god.
drugs and alcohol get me through the patches between the rough patches.

it is a lifestyle
------

Shwiggity.
Quote by Øttər
Drugs and alcohol get me through the rough patches.

Building guitars is a way of life though. Sort of like Atkins.

far from, dude... i eat nothing but carbs when i work on guitars. there's something about entenmann's raspberry danishes with chicken noodle soup and fried ravioli topped off with a 44 ounce diet coke (cliche' i know) to make my night of guitar building THAT much sweeter.

building guitars is like sex... first you get wood, then you squirt off-white glue all over, rub your wood together with your hands and when you're finished you stand proudly with it for all to see
Support your local luthier!

Timpson Guitars and TDM Pickups rock ;D

I make guitars and pickups. I also make sh*t that'll blow you the f*k up as well as things that will rebuild you - I have the technology
Im currently building a lefty bubinga explorer, with brazilian mahogany and optic fibre side dots, plus a scorpion inlay, and i can tell you right now, its less than 1800 UK pounds. Mine will be oil finish though.

I think i better put my prices up.

Regards,
Perry Ormsby

Pevious builds:
HERE!
I'm building an sg with curly spanish cedar top curly maple back and walnut to seperate the two. It also has prs bird inlays maple neck and rosewood fretboard for under 1k (probably gonna sell it for 900-1000).. Its all a matter of how much people are willing to pay, and the quality of your work... My work is pretty good, I make solid instruments.. but i realize that its probably not as good as perry's work therefore I sell guitars for 1/3rd of the price (maybe not exactly 1/3rd of the price but significantly less)..
Stuff is pretty damn expensive in England though, much more than the US, not sure what its like in AUS? Although I have heard guitars are pretty expensive out there?

Quote by dogismycopilot
Absent Mind, words cant express how much i love you. Id bone you, oh yea.

Quote by lumberjack
Absent Mind is, as usual, completely correct.

Quote by littlemurph7976
Id like to make my love for Neil public knowledge as he is a beautiful man
Quote by ormsby guitars
Im currently building a lefty bubinga explorer, with brazilian mahogany and optic fibre side dots, plus a scorpion inlay, and i can tell you right now, its less than 1800 UK pounds. Mine will be oil finish though.

I think i better put my prices up.

Any your point being?

I had a couple of guys from guitar and bass magazine check em out and they said I should be putting another grand on the prices . . . . . .
Last edited by jscustomguitars at Nov 13, 2008,
Quote by jscustomguitars
Any your point being?

I had a couple of guys from guitar and bass magazine check em out and they said I should be putting another grand on the prices . . . . . .

Until people are laying out the hard cash, its all talk

Regards,
Perry Ormsby

Pevious builds:
HERE!
Page 1 of 2