So I have an Ibanez RG2550z, i bought some DiMarzio D-Activator X pickups and put them in a while back, but they really are lacking as far as "quiet" goes. Now my plan is to buy a pickguard with two humbucker cutouts, and no single coil cut out. Then buy a 3 way switch and drop in an EMG 81 and an EMG 60. I might also wind up buying Blackouts, but im not sure yet. Anyhow, I was thinking about this the other day: where the hell am i going to put the battery. I cant fit it in the back access to the input jack, and there are really no other cavities in the back of the guitar. I was thinking maybe about putting the battery under the pickguard, but i dont know if it would even fit. I know that it must be possible because i saw Mike Keene from The Faceless with EMG's in his Ibanez RG2550, and advice? Pointers on anything dealing with this whole ordeal?
Try putting it in the single coil route?

Quote by dogismycopilot
Absent Mind, words cant express how much i love you. Id bone you, oh yea.

Quote by lumberjack
Absent Mind is, as usual, completely correct.

Quote by littlemurph7976
Id like to make my love for Neil public knowledge as he is a beautiful man
You can put it under the pickgaurd. That's what I had to do with an old Charvel I customized. Just make sure you affix the battery somewhere where it won't bang around or come loss.
Quote by Absent Mind
Try putting it in the single coil route?

THIS.

if it doesn't fit, chisel/route a little bit extra out... and try to squeeze 2 in there
------

Shwiggity.
but whatre you gonna do when the battery dies, take off the whole pickguard? you should put it in part of your pickguard that isnt under the strings, and cut that part away from the rest of the pickguard. That way, when you change the batteries you just unscrew that part of the pickguard and its easy access.
Quote by HomerHitter
I got a black Les Paul, and this Texan told me it wasn't as good as other color guitars becuse it was a 'nigger.'

Quote by spoonylove90

im not left handed i just have a mac btw.

Quote by NaivexLi
Yes...I named my penis Darth Vader.