Line 6 POD

What is it?
What does it do?

Can someone please explain it to me?
All PODs aren't created equally. XT live or > and you have yourself a pretty good fx/modeling combination which will exceed any of the preamp stuff you'll find on SS amps
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
Valve Junior (V3 Head/Cab and Combo)
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Wampler Super Plextortion
Line 6 Pod HD
its a multi fx that has many amp models, effects, distortions etc.
Guitars
Fender American Standard Strat 2008
Burny late 1980's Super Grade RLG-70 Les Paul
Sterling by Musicman JP50
Fender Classic Series 60's tele
Yamaha FS720S
Amp
Roland Microcube
Fender Blues Junior III Humholdt
Just another question.. rather than making a new topic.

Does the Line6 POD help create new tones for your guitar/amp and can it record directly onto a pc and let you edit the tones and overall quality of the recording?

Btw I'm an epic n00b at this kind of stuff.
Quote by madeoin

Does the Line6 POD help create new tones for your guitar/amp and can it record directly onto a pc and let you edit the tones and overall quality of the recording?

Me too "High Five."
Quote by madeoin

Uhm..not sure I understood all of that, but I'll try to answer.
You can create new tone's using the Pod, you set your Amp to clean and create new tones using the different Amp's, Cab's, tone controls and effect's.
The control's work differently depending on which Amp you use, it's all in the book (hard as it is to remember).
It does let you record, it works as an interface very well, I'm using an old e-mac to record so the hardware isn't great but using the Pod I get a really nice recording.
The only problem I find with the Pod is the lack of easy control's, I guess it must get easier the more familiar you get with all the control's but remembering how the different tone controls affect different Amp's is difficult, also remembering how to alter the effect's using the tap button is really hard.
Overall the Pod is pretty excellent (I'm comparing it to a 20w Gorilla Amp so...yeah).
I really hope you enjoy using it!
Quote by Flying Couch
What do you think lesbians do in bed? Play cards? They have ways of sexytime just like everybody else.

W
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Why would you NOT scour the news for stories about incestual anal piping?