do i absolutely NEED one? i will be purchashing a 360 today but the hard drive is not included. so im just wondering, should i buy one, or is it just something that would be nice to have? because i dont really see myself playing a sh*tload of games on this thing, just a few.
Tampa Bay Buccaneers

South Carolina Gamecocks

Quote by SGstriker
Chef Strato-Massacre: Cooking shitstorms since that comment.

Quote by PurpleClawz
Damnit why are you full of so much win
Quote by Rukasu Rindu
You need somewhere to save everything, don't you?

well i didnt know if it had a smaller one built in or w/e. because i remember my old xbox having one builty in, but im not to up to speed on games and platforms these days. so im taking it ill either have to buy the hard drive or a memory card then?
Tampa Bay Buccaneers

South Carolina Gamecocks

Quote by SGstriker

Quote by PurpleClawz
You need one. A memory card won't be enough for everything you need, unless you are going to play only one game.
Quote by GogglesVK
You need one. A memory card won't be enough for everything you need, unless you are going to play only one game.

This. Now, FLY FLY FLY AWAY!
(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)
Quote by GogglesVK

well i mean thats the kind of "gamer" i am though, if you could even call me that. i only play one game at a time, and very rarely do i buy alot of games. w/ that being said, i was only planning on buying one game today anyway.
Tampa Bay Buccaneers

South Carolina Gamecocks

Quote by SGstriker

Quote by PurpleClawz
i have memory cards...DO NOT GET MEMORY CARDS. get a hard drive youll need it
Sail upon the open skies
you need one if you want to play on live a memory card will not have enough space to hold everything
SKY BLUE TEAM OWNS ALL (If we still exsited)
Quote by angusfan16
i have memory cards...DO NOT GET MEMORY CARDS. get a hard drive youll need it

i just checked the prices, and am i right to infer that im only paying 10 dollars more to get 20gb of memory rather than a measley little 512mb?
Tampa Bay Buccaneers

South Carolina Gamecocks

Quote by SGstriker

Quote by PurpleClawz
Quote by GogglesVK

When you see all the awesome content on XBLA, the new dashboard (which'll let you install games from disc), downloadable content for games (GTA, Rock Band etc...), you'll wish you had the drive!

Happy shopping though!

Feel free to add me (or indeed anybody else) from the list..

I'd highly recommed the folling XBLA games:

Geometry Wars 2
Rez HD
Worms
Castle Crashers
Quote by Rukasu Rindu
This. Now, FLY FLY FLY AWAY!

FLY, FLY, FLY.....FLY, FLY, FLY.....FLY, FLY, FLY.....FLY, FLY, FLY.....FLY, FLY, FLY.....(Continuing Silence Of The Lambs Reference).

But yes, it's necessary considering that there's going to be a huge update soon that a memory card simply just can't handle. XBox Live is A Must BTW.
Definitely get the HD. You'll regret it if you don't and end up going back and spending more to add it later.

Also, a lot of places have a 60GB HD available for the same price as the 20GB bundle used to cost. Definitely shop around. I think Best Buy has the 60GB w/2 (potentially crappy) games for $300.
The setup:
Fender MIM Fat Strat (midnight wine)
Fender Blues DeVille 410
Digitech GNX3 Multi-effect
Fender CD140SCE Acoustic-Electric
Last edited by pr0pedestrian at Nov 10, 2008,
i have heard something about a new game coming out that is too big for the discs so you can ONLY play it if you have a hardrive. I would suggest getting a hardrive.
Hardrive is essential.
D-U-F-R-A-I-S

Quote by darkstar2466
WRONG.

The only reason it exists is because drugs get people fucked up, and people love getting fucked up.

Quote by jimmy_neutron
i have heard something about a new game coming out that is too big for the discs so you can ONLY play it if you have a hardrive. I would suggest getting a hardrive.

Who's betting that'll be MGS4?
Quote by saphrax
Says the PS3 owner with a drab and boring excuse for a Star Wars game.

saphrax>nospacesallowed
Sail upon the open skies
Quote by pr0pedestrian
Definitely get the HD. You'll regret it if you don't and end up going back and spending more to add it later.

Also, a lot of places have a 60GB HD available for the same price as the 20GB bundle used to cost. Definitely shop around. I think Best Buy has the 60GB w/2 (potentially crappy) games for $300.

yeah, but the most ill be spending today is 250, including the xbox360, controller, and game.
Tampa Bay Buccaneers

South Carolina Gamecocks

Quote by SGstriker

Quote by PurpleClawz
ok you guys so i just bought it and plugged it in and GH3 was on the screen and the game was already in the tray!
Tampa Bay Buccaneers

South Carolina Gamecocks

Quote by SGstriker

Quote by PurpleClawz
Quote by Strato-Massacre
well i mean thats the kind of "gamer" i am though, if you could even call me that. i only play one game at a time, and very rarely do i buy alot of games. w/ that being said, i was only planning on buying one game today anyway.

still, id recommend the harddrive, its less of a pain, trust me youll be grateful you did
Quote by Bloodavian
Its not about the Radio its about talent, the front man has a bigger vocal range than Micheal Jackson and he can sing from heavey metal to high pitched ...No.12 on the top 20 under rated guitarists of ALL TIME...etc

1-Bloodavian 0-Forkman.

^Fail^
Quote by David_Bowie=GOD
still, id recommend the harddrive, its less of a pain, trust me youll be grateful you did

yeah, i didnt have enough money today for a hard drive or a game, but i think ill be getting the 20gb hard drive tomorrow when i do have the money. so i can go to the xbox webesite on my pc and setup an xbox live account right? that way when i get my xbox live hooked up i can just immediately sign on?
Tampa Bay Buccaneers

South Carolina Gamecocks

Quote by SGstriker

Quote by PurpleClawz
Quote by Strato-Massacre
yeah, i didnt have enough money today for a hard drive or a game, but i think ill be getting the 20gb hard drive tomorrow when i do have the money. so i can go to the xbox webesite on my pc and setup an xbox live account right? that way when i get my xbox live hooked up i can just immediately sign on?

Why didn't you just wait and get them both together?
I <3 bangoodcharlotte

Quote by humperdunk
one time i let my cat has cheezburger. i thought it was pretty funny.
Quote by Mongoose87
Why didn't you just wait and get them both together?

because im impatient. and because my buddy whos a manager at gamestop here was at work today, and he gave me a deal on the unit itself.
Tampa Bay Buccaneers

South Carolina Gamecocks

Quote by SGstriker

Quote by PurpleClawz
so i can go to the xbox webesite on my pc and setup an xbox live account right? that way when i get my xbox live hooked up i can just immediately sign on?
Tampa Bay Buccaneers

South Carolina Gamecocks

Quote by SGstriker

Quote by PurpleClawz
dont get a 360. its a shitty ****in piece of crap piece of equipment. it'll die on you in 6 months..

ah well dont listen to me coz mine did a couple days ago so i guess im just a lil bitter.. and speaking of being bitter why has'nt this thread been shut down coz its not in the gaming thread?? i made a thread askin for some gears 2 advice and it got shut down in 2 minutes??
Quote by Plus_the_Bear

Electric Wizard owns.

Quote by MrDURPEEDURP
electricwizard_ wins at common sense!!!

92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you are part of the 8% who still listen to real music, copy and paste this in your sig.
to play good stuff, yes.
"You're a twat!"- That dude in morrisons

"You Ugly git!" - That girl in the restaurant

"You Were a Mistake!" - Mum

just a few of my fans..