Ok, I want a little edgier and more metal geared guitar to contrast with my LP. I want one with a super fast neck, and a trem system. My budget is anywhere under 1200. I still havn't made up my mind on emg vs passives. I want to use this guitar for shred as well as metal, so im hesitant on EMG. Any comments welcome, Thanks!
some guitars im looking at:
ESP MH-1000 (Both styles)
Jackson RR3
Jackson Dinky
Schecter Hellraiser
Ibanez S series
Gibson Les Paul Special Faded with Evo bridge and PAF Joe neck. Mesa Boogie Rect-o-verb.
Quote by rokknrollldude
wrathlegion, i would like to shake hands

Quote by AllUrBase
I assume you're playing just open strings, so not to scratch your frets.
Last edited by Wrathlegion at Nov 10, 2008,
Some kind of RG Prestige should be sweet.

I have an RG3120, Mahogany body sounds great for metal but can easily do shred. Plus, the DiMarzios in it totally kill any EMG, ever.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
An S or RG prestige Ibanez will fit your needs perfectly. Those wizard necks are ridiculously fast and the Edge Pro's are arguably the best in the business. I have an non-prestige S and it's incredible. The prestige ones can only be better.
Gear:
Ibanez RG570 circa 1993
Ibanez S2020XAV
Carvin DC127
EVH 5153 50w
Orange PPC112
AxeFX II
Quote by Lt.DustyBanana
An S or RG prestige Ibanez will fit your needs perfectly. Those wizard necks are ridiculously fast and the Edge Pro's are arguably the best in the business. I have an non-prestige S and it's incredible. The prestige ones can only be better.

i also have a non prestige s i will never get rid of and only 1 small issue is lack of 23/24 fret but its not that big of a deal
you can't beat an Ibanez prestige with dimarzio D-Activator X in the bridge....you wont get any better than that my friend.
I wouldn't get EMG's if i was you, i have some in my Schecter and like them but they don't have any versatility, i would recommend this guitar

http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?imgurl=http://www.guitarvillage.co.uk/admin/pages/upload/Solids/Ibanez/ibanez-s2170fw-nat_m.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.guitarvillage.co.uk/product-detail.asp%3Fid%3D2555&h=368&w=750&sz=51&tbnid=MZ05IFmfXfcJ::&tbnh=69&tbnw=141&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dibanez%2Bs&hl=en&usg=__lUsAGRpoSE-4V9FC3kx8EWVP2mI=&sa=X&oi=image_result&resnum=6&ct=image&cd=1

With these pickups

Bridge- Bareknuckle Warpig/Nailbomb/Miracle Man

Neck- Dimarzio Air norton or a bareknuckle, don't know much about their neck pikcups
Ibanez PGM301 signed by Paul Gilbert
Ibanez PGM 500
Ibanez Fireman custom
Saving for a GH100L/VH100R
Orange PPC212 2X12
Yea, the S2170 is great, but a little too expensive. Whats wrong with the MH-1000?
Gibson Les Paul Special Faded with Evo bridge and PAF Joe neck. Mesa Boogie Rect-o-verb.
Quote by rokknrollldude

Quote by AllUrBase
Get a RR3

PS: The only reason i'm saying this is because i like it

TBH pick anyone you want take a close look at the specs to see which ones you need not want.
Quote by Wrathlegion
Yea, the S2170 is great, but a little too expensive. Whats wrong with the MH-1000?

But so worth it ;P
Ibanez PGM301 signed by Paul Gilbert
Ibanez PGM 500
Ibanez Fireman custom
Saving for a GH100L/VH100R
Orange PPC212 2X12
Quote by sharpant
But so worth it ;P

I have always loved the looks, but its overpriced for what you get.
Quote by rokknrollldude

Quote by AllUrBase
So what about the MH-1000 with SDs?
Quote by rokknrollldude

Quote by AllUrBase
get a jackson
Quote by Bloodavian
Its not about the Radio its about talent, the front man has a bigger vocal range than Micheal Jackson and he can sing from heavey metal to high pitched ...No.12 on the top 20 under rated guitarists of ALL TIME...etc

1-Bloodavian 0-Forkman.

^Fail^
Please be more specific
Quote by rokknrollldude

Quote by AllUrBase
RR5? RR3 and by EMGs? Ibanez RG Prestige? Alex Laiho's sig?
Schecters...I'd say the C-1 Classic for versatile styles but that's imo. For pure metal, Hellraisers.

I'd pick the RR5 if I have the money.
Quote by Eddie4President
Either you remind her of a girl, or she's not a lesbian.

Quote by blake1221
Jabba's real name is Katie.
Last edited by RR787 at Nov 10, 2008,
the dinky is the only jackson that ive played for more than 10 minutes, ive played my friends and its a great guitar, I really like it, try it out though of course before you buy it.

The RR3 is good too from what I hear, but v shaped guitars are kind of a pain to play sitting down, sure you can just play it in classical position but its still kind of a hassle.
Quote by Bloodavian
Its not about the Radio its about talent, the front man has a bigger vocal range than Micheal Jackson and he can sing from heavey metal to high pitched ...No.12 on the top 20 under rated guitarists of ALL TIME...etc

1-Bloodavian 0-Forkman.

^Fail^
Im leaning pretty heavily to the MH-1000 now, anyone want to comment on the EMG vs SD versions?
Quote by rokknrollldude

Quote by AllUrBase
About anything ESP.
If you want a really cheap one The ESP MH-50 is great, it also has a floyd rose
Whats the difference between MH400 and MH1000?
Quote by rokknrollldude

Quote by AllUrBase
Quote by Killedelphia19
It's a nice guitar, but i've heard terrible things about the sustain for that particular sabre.

Ehh, I'm pretty sure TS will be using alot of gain anyway.

Why not save up a little more for an actual ESP if you got that much to spend?
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Because 1200 is really stretching it 1000 is prolly about the highest I would go
Quote by rokknrollldude

Quote by AllUrBase
Quote by Wrathlegion
Because 1200 is really stretching it 1000 is prolly about the highest I would go

You can still score a nice ESP, Jackson Soloist or Ibanez S5470 (all used though).
There's the Jackson SL3 too or this .

Honestly, you don't need much more to save up to go from the 'good' guitar range to 'great' (mainly craftsmanship).
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Honestly, the more I hear and see the mh-1000, the more I think I wouldn't take hardly any guitars over it. I mean, I love the sound/looks/playability, to me it is just about the perfect guitar.
Quote by rokknrollldude

Quote by AllUrBase
I am actually leaning towards not buying a new guitar now. The only things that really bothered me were the weak bridge pickup in my LP, and the rather high action. After going to guitar center, I decided that the action didn't really affect all that much in my playing style, and I can just get a new bridge pickup. Plus, I save like $800 this way, and i can buy some pedals.
Quote by rokknrollldude

Quote by AllUrBase