my band is looking to record some stuff, we tried recently, but it came out pretty bad, since it was just us playing and a microphone recording it onto audacity.. we have a 150$ budjet and we're looking to buy a mixer, or an audio card with multiple line-ins to record each instrument on its own track.. our main goal is to have each instrument in its own track, but i don't know if i can do that on a mixer alone, what kind of harware should i get and would you recomend for this? keeping in mind our economic situation :P
cheerss
Use that money for studio time. You're not going to get anything useful for that little.
Quote by keiron_d
thank you sooooooo much for the advice Fast_Fingers...i would hug you if i could...i looooove you!

True love exists in UG. Can you feel it?

Recording Guitar Amps 101
Quote by Fast_Fingers
Use that money for studio time. You're not going to get anything useful for that little.

That depends on your definition of a professional studio...

I can't think of a single place in town that would give you the time of day for $150.

It couldn't hurt to look around though...
Quote by jackbauer
playing by yourself is like masturbating, sure it feels great, but it's nothing compared to the real deal.

Quote by guylee
Oh Shit! I Have A Weird Growth On My Body!

To The Pit!

JOIN MY GROUP plox

http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/tonelife/
Quote by Fast_Fingers

I second this. You are going to have to spend at least $500 for a sequencer and interface if you want to track a band...

Mixers do what they are named after....they MIX meaning if you feed audio inter them you wont keep everything on it's own track and that's not what you want.

A firewire interface such as the PreSonus FP10 is ideal for you guys IMO.
You can plug in all the drums mics, then track all the other parts in a few other takes all while keeping everything unmixed.

Interface
Sequencer
Mics
Cables
Stands
Time to learn the software so you know how to get the best out of it

Unfortunately, setting up a recording studio isn't cheap...