I want to buy one of these amps but I don't know which, I just want to know the comparisons with the gain and cleans really, and anything else you want to throw in, plus speaker recomendations would be nice!
6506? never heard of one of those

But seriously, lol. Ive played the 6505, but not the Fireball, but from what ive heard, they both do extremely well with gain, but i have heard that the Fireball does have somewhat better cleans.

But thats just from what ive heard. Never really played a Fireball myself

Oh, and Peavey usually has Phooey Speakers, so get a good can, like a Mesa Boogie Dual Rect. Cab if you can afford it.
I'm considering both these amps too. I'm pretty much set on the 6505 now. The Fireball sounds less organic and more compressed to me. The 6505's cleans may not be as sparkling, but the gain channel is a lot more versatile.
Quote by lizarday
oh yeah? well larry king the slayer guitarist owns bc rich guitars. (i think)
I personally like the cleans on the 6505 plus.

I know its a metal amp, but Im surprised to say i was able to get some descent licks out of it on the clean channel, and it sounded quite nice may i add.

Peaveys have alot more versatility than people give them credit for, they can do both leads and rythyms better than alot of amps.

And i dont know they just have the ability to offer that flying tone, and that chugga chug chug at the same time. I really enjoy playin this amp when i go to a music store.

The MID knob and presence is key to shaping your tone on this amp.
Last edited by THEKID546 at Nov 10, 2008,
Yea I'm leaning twoards the 6505, I heard the 6505+ cleans are better but it has less gain, but that thec less gain is hardly noticeable. So the mesa boggie speakers work best?
Quote by nonamemark
Yea I'm leaning twoards the 6505, I heard the 6505+ cleans are better but it has less gain, but that thec less gain is hardly noticeable. So the mesa boggie speakers work best?

Most prefer Vintage 30s or Eminence Legends. I use GT-75's though.

And from what I've gathered, the Fireball is too extreme for everything but death metal (although it has good cleans).
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
If you're looking for a cheaper alternative, try checking out Avatar and/or Vader.
You looking for a 4x12 or a 2x12?

Also, the gain on the Fireball and 6505 are pretty different. It's hard to say what one would be better. It would really all depend on what you're using it for.
Fireball is terrible i actually prefer the screamer combo to it and maybe even the powerball. very compressed and saturated. 6505 i have works well with the right worn in speaker, a good od and reverb as well as a reasonable bright tone guitar since its so dark.
Quote by Green_Jelly
The Fireball sounds less organic and more compressed to me. The 6505's cleans may not be as sparkling, but the gain channel is a lot more versatile.

+1

fireball has better cleans, but the 5150/6505 is more versatile (apart from cleans).
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by nonamemark
Wait, they cost as much as the head, what would be a cheaper alternative?

Buy used.
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores