Poll: Who is the greatest TV adventurer?
Poll Options
View poll results: Who is the greatest TV adventurer?
Bear Grylls
27 25%
Ray Mears
15 14%
Michael Palin
6 6%
Nigel Marven
0 0%
Monty Halls
1 1%
Bruce Parry
2 2%
Steve Irwin
39 36%
Ben Fogle
0 0%
Benedict Allen
0 0%
Other
19 17%
Voters: 109.
Page 1 of 2
For me it has to be Bear Grylls, he's very entertaining and i learn some survival skills aswell.

What do you think?
Last edited by slashrules!!! at Nov 10, 2008,
Rupert(that white bear thing with the English accent), that fuucker goes everywhere
and the KRATT BROTHERS!
Quote by Sloopy
I'm not in a wheelchair, but I own one just for fun.
I think the real question here is "Who is the best TV Snake-baiter" because that's all they ever seem to do. Run about the wilderness, find snakes and bait the poor bastards.

Bear Grylls is probably the most hardcore, because not only does he bait them, he kills them and eats them raw.
Dora the Explorer shits on Bear Grylls. Metaphorically and literally, despite her being fictitious. Like his 'survival'.
I went for Steve Irwin, he was great. Ben Fogle would have been next because he has sufficently explored and conquered every daytime show on BBC1 & 2.
Steve Irwin, he's still my hero.

and i totally remember Rupert! he floated around in his hot air balloon on Nick Junior!
None of them, they're all penii.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
Where's Bill Oddy? That man knows no fear.
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman
Sigs are wastes of my precious screen space.

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
Quote by minibrowny
Dora the Explorer shits on Bear Grylls. Metaphorically and literally, despite her being fictitious. Like his 'survival'.

I voted for Palin.
Quote by SeeEmilyPlay
C'mon! Chuck Norris!

Yeah, because he's not an actor, is he.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
bear gryyls has admitted to staying in a hotel overnight during filming. also read this

The Eton- educated 33-year- old is also alleged to have choreographed parts of Born Survivor, with many of his spectacular stunts carefully set up by the production crew.

Mark Weinert, a survival consultant brought in for the programme, said one show also wrongly gave the impression that the adventurer built a Polynesian- style raft using only materials around him, including bamboo and palm leaves for a sail.

Mr Weinert had in fact led a team that built the raft, which was then dismantled so that Grylls could be shown constructing it on camera.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-470155/How-Bear-Grylls-Born-Survivor-roughed--hotels.html

I still like the show though,
Epiphone G-400 Cherry Red
Vox Ad50VT
Quote by ctb

I voted for Palin.

But she thought Africa was a coun-

Ohhhh right. Carry on.
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman
Sigs are wastes of my precious screen space.

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
Quote by break-me-in
But she thought Africa was a coun-

Ohhhh right. Carry on.

Quote by eclipse2411
bear gryyls has admitted to staying in a hotel overnight during filming. also read this

The Eton- educated 33-year- old is also alleged to have choreographed parts of Born Survivor, with many of his spectacular stunts carefully set up by the production crew.

Mark Weinert, a survival consultant brought in for the programme, said one show also wrongly gave the impression that the adventurer built a Polynesian- style raft using only materials around him, including bamboo and palm leaves for a sail.

Mr Weinert had in fact led a team that built the raft, which was then dismantled so that Grylls could be shown constructing it on camera.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-470155/How-Bear-Grylls-Born-Survivor-roughed--hotels.html

I still like the show though,
Old news.

And the fact is that unlike most other "TV adventurers" Grylls was actually in the Territorial army and did most of the stuff for real before he was on TV.
Yeah Bear Grylls sucks, I mean his show is entertaining, but thats it. He doesnt even compare to survivorman. The only reason he is more popular is because he tries to make the show more interesting, but survivorman really survives and helps you in real situations.

Bear Grylls always breaks several surviving rules, such as the top rule, dont get wet.
and other rules like never leave the ground, and dont just go around eating everything.

So I would say survivorman
Quote by minibrowny

I'm quoting this to express my utter disgust at Dora the Explorer not being on your list... Her second name is The Explorer for **** sake, she wins before any discussion about exploration or adventuring can even be taken in to account
I've Made You A Drawing of a Giraffe Fucking an Elephant. Notice How His Moustache Looks Just Like Mine.

Your Mother's Got a Penis
Quote by *yournamehere*
Les Stroud.

+1
Soon you will sit on the bench
of those who deny I have my soul
You sell a dream you create
Condemned by what you condemned before
Smooth are the words you sing down and high
Underground is your joy your laws
Where the FUCK is Les Stroud on that poll?
My gear:
  • Fender American Standard Telecaster
  • Ibanez RG450
  • Laney VC15
  • Electro Harmonix HOG
  • Vox Satchurator
  • Blackout Effectors Musket fuzz
  • Electro Harmonix Pulsar
  • Earthquaker Devices Disaster Transport
  • Malekko Chicklett

Quote by freedoms_stain
Old news.

And the fact is that unlike most other "TV adventurers" Grylls was actually in the Territorial army and did most of the stuff for real before he was on TV.

Specifically, he was in the territorial SAS regiment, and took part in a number of operational close target recce missions. And broke his back in a parachuting accident, and became the youngest Briton to climb Everest(after recovering from the parachuting accident).
Quote by faultyy
I'm quoting this to express my utter disgust at Dora the Explorer not being on your list... Her second name is The Explorer for **** sake, she wins before any discussion about exploration or adventuring can even be taken in to account

for the muther-fvcking win!
Iain stewart - He does the bbc geology and geography programs and such. And he did a lecture at my uni a couple weeks ago, hes such a charasmatic guy. And geology ftw so yeah.
Les Stroud for sure. He is the manliest man on the face of the earth.
Anthony Bourdain and Andrew Zimmerns to a lesser extent.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Irwin!!!! The man died on TV!

And where is Sir Attenborrough?
Stuff:VOX AD50VT
Gibson SG faded
Old steelstringed calssic
Hag Viking

Quote by SeveralSpecies
Well aren't you the ignorant asshat?
Last edited by blogz at Nov 10, 2008,
the black dude on fuse that goes to metal concerts in other countries and looks really out of place.
Bear, because he's the only one I've heard of who doesn't have a stingray through his heart.
You're using UG classic, congratulations.
You should be using UG classic.

E-Married to Guitar0Player

http://the llama forum because its gone forever which sucks and I hate it.
Page 1 of 2