Hey Guys

I've Recently Decided That I Want To Take My Guitar Playing To A Whole New Level By Using Pedals

1. What Pedal Do You Think I Should Buy First? (i play alternative/indie rock music)

2. Does Anyone Have A Pedal That They Dont Want Anymore That They'd Be Willing To Give Me (if i payed for postage ofcourse), Or Sell Me?

P.S. Make A Comment About My Grammer And I'm Reporting Ur Post
What guitar and amp are you using?

What sounds do you want? (overdrive, any modulation etc)
Well, your playing won't get better with pedals, just your tone and sound, also more information is needed, such as what type of effect you want and your current gear.

Origionaly Posted by CTFOD
Origionaly Posted by hownowbrowncow:
Get a new bicycle
Then you can ride it with no handlebars.

No handlebars.

No handlebars...
maybe you should get a phaser, i think some alternative bands use them. get a chorus as well. and what the hell, are you threatening people on a forum? o_O nerdy smilies...
Eat this, today's music-lovers!
Quote by rabidguitarist
A lot of music isn't really going anywhere. There are tons of fans in here going 'oh my god, <> is evolving so much and <> is so shit lol!' but tons of it is just recycled material and tired ideas.
Hmm...

An OD and/or Distortion is probably a good start, will allow you to change from clean to OD and get a "better" sound (at least that's how I feel, others swear by amp distortion).

Possibly a delay pedal may also be useful, bands like Radiohead/Bloc Party love that.

But as everyone else has said, it won't drastically improve your sound, you need a good amp first.
I Play Alternative/Indie Rock Mostly.

My CURRENT Guitar Is A Crappy Basic Encore (strat style)
But I WILL BE GETTING An "Epiphone G-400 SG" In About 2 Weeks Time

My Amp Is A 10w Acoustic Solutions With Only Gain, Volume, Bass And Treble Knobs
Quote by FlamingIceCubez
Hey guys

I've recently decided that I want to take my guitar playing to a whole new level by using pedals

1. What pedal do you think I should buy first? (i play alternative/indie rock music)

An overdrive and an EQ, thought not providing any kind of "wacky" sounds, are excellent first pedals to start sculpting your tone.
You may find a Chorus or a Tremolo useful for cleans.
Wah pedal! Great for rhythm as well as soloing, plus you'll have fun.
For more interesting sounds on a dirty channel, try a phaser or a flanger.

A mixture of the above should get you well on the way to a decent pedal board.

Quote by FlamingIceCubez
2. Does anyone have a pedal that they dont want anymore that they'd be willing to give me (if I payed for postage, of course), or sell me?

'fraid not.

Quote by FlamingIceCubez
P.S. Make a comment about my grammer and I'm reporting your post

A bit harsh, I feel! Ah well each to their own; you can type how you like, just don't expect to get the same response as you would otherwise.

EDIT:

Quote by FlamingIceCubez
My amp is a 10w Acoustic Solutions with only Gain, Volume, Bass and Treble knobs

I might suggest you look into getting a better amp with your money, as apposed to some pedals. Your pedals will sound much better if you have a decent starting block.
Last edited by Mathamology at Nov 10, 2008,
You're better off getting a new amp before the guitar or effects, the amp makes up most of your tone. Unless the guitar is REALLY bad then you should go for the new amp.

Also, Stop Typing Like This You Look Like An Idiot.
Quote by Vincent Vega
Haikus are awesome
but sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator

Quote by KissingShadows
People always tell me I solo like Zakk Wylde. Thats how I know that I suck.
I'm Not Making A Comment About Your Grammar, But More The Way You Choose To Type, Which Is Outrageously Annoying.

And My Recommendation Is To Spend About $50 And Get A Cheap Multiple Effects Pedal, Like The Zoom 505.
Hi, I'm Peter
If you're looking for a pedals, why not try the Roland Cube? It'll be a better tone than what you've already got, and it'll also give you access to a bunch of effects so you can see what sounds good/useful.

Then you can invest in those pedals first.

But seriously, you need to get a new amp before you get pedals/new guitar. An amp equates for something like 80% of your tone, if not more, so worry about that first.
Quote by Heavens_To_Hell
If you're looking for a pedals, why not try the Roland Cube? It'll be a better tone than what you've already got, and it'll also give you access to a bunch of effects so you can see what sounds good/useful.

Then you can invest in those pedals first.

But seriously, you need to get a new amp before you get pedals/new guitar. An amp equates for something like 80% of your tone, if not more, so worry about that first.

+1
Well I'm Getting a Fender Hot Rod Deluxe For Christmas...

I Want Pedals So That By The Time I Get My New Amp, I Already Have Them
Quote by FlamingIceCubez
Well I'm Getting a Fender Hot Rod Deluxe For Christmas...

I Want Pedals So That By The Time I Get My New Amp, I Already Have Them

I still think my recommendation is the best -- if you have no experience with effects, go get a really cheap, perhaps used multi-effects pedal, screw around with it, get a taste for what you like and what you don't, and then go out and buy individual pedals.
Hi, I'm Peter
peoples who said stuff about Him Typing With Caps At The Start Of Every Word need to realise that it comes out like that IF YOU TYPE YOUR POST IN ALL CAPS LIKE THIS.

the advice i can give is that you should wait until you've got your amp before getting pedals because every amp responds differently to different pedals, some will be a good match with the amp, others won't, so when buying pedals, take your amp to a shop and run the pedals through it, unless of course they have an amp the same as yours, in which case, use theirs. this is what i do.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
Quote by Blompcube
peoples who said stuff about Him Typing With Caps At The Start Of Every Word need to realise that it comes out like that IF YOU TYPE YOUR POST IN ALL CAPS LIKE THIS.

the advice i can give is that you should wait until you've got your amp before getting pedals because every amp responds differently to different pedals, some will be a good match with the amp, others won't, so when buying pedals, take your amp to a shop and run the pedals through it, unless of course they have an amp the same as yours, in which case, use theirs. this is what i do.

My Friend Also Has A Fender Hot Rod Deluxe, So I've Already Tried Out His Wah Pedal, His Overdrive And His Ultra Delay Pedals