...which can get me a really good American punk revival sound, much like Rancid, Bad Religion, Pennywise etc. I know that Lars from Rancid uses stock JCM100's, so anything that can get me close to this sound would be brilliant. My amp is a Peavey Bandit 112 (new model) and my guitar is an Ibanez RG08LTD, with an Ibanez V7 in the neck and V8 in the bridge.
Archbishop of Zeppelinism...

Quote by Beakwithteeth
Get him into blues. Lyrical depth-not so much. But it is groovy and it is black people's music so if he doesn't enjoy then he is not a true black person.

You need a new amp. Something with tubes. But, since you probably don't have that kinda money right now...

MI Audio Crunch Box - fairly cheap Marshall head-in-a-box type tone; very punk
I was thinking about the Marshall Bluesbreaker, and cranking the distortion up high, any opinons on that?

Quote by Beakwithteeth
Get him into blues. Lyrical depth-not so much. But it is groovy and it is black people's music so if he doesn't enjoy then he is not a true black person.

Highest is preferably no more than £60, but i might be able to go up to £75 or even £80

Quote by Beakwithteeth

Ah thanks, what sort of setting would i want to box on?

Quote by Beakwithteeth

Probably a fair amount of drive, and linear level (so you don't drive your amp too hard to the point where it clips), and tone to taste.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator