Here's my go at another song!

I don't really know what to call it besides metal, lol.

PS. I know the solo is pretty bad, I don't write many solos so I need some help with that

New version uploaded!
Attachments:
Empty Crusades wDRUMS AND BASS.zip
Last edited by Demonology at Nov 11, 2008,
lol thanks man, I'd crit yours but I need to get the latest GP.
Quote by naedauuf
I'm in need of a guy
i liked the intro lol not very original though. liked most of the rest of the song apart from the riff and lead starting at about bar 76, just found that a bit boring.

8/10 - keep up the good work
Quote by Ripping Corpse
i liked the intro lol not very original though. liked most of the rest of the song apart from the riff and lead starting at about bar 76, just found that a bit boring.

8/10 - keep up the good work

you mean the octave chords at 80? or the boring palm muted bit? :P

anything of yours I can crit?
Quote by naedauuf
I'm in need of a guy
Intro sounded good. Very good riff from bar 25 and onwards, other guitar fits well with it.

The solo wasn't that good, maybe make it more melodic.
Acoustic sounded good at the end.

Overall pretty good riffs on the song, solo needs some work though.
8/10
Thanks man, yeah as I said I don't write very many solos and that's only about the third half decent solo I've ever written lol. I'll definitely work on getting one that fits the song better down!
Quote by naedauuf
I'm in need of a guy
Starting from bar 9 you should put in a guitar playing power chords for more depth. That would sound awesome. At bar 17 that lead guitar has a very sharp sound lol. Hurts my ears :P it fits in well though. Great new riff starting at bar 25. Add some drums hehe even if you may not be a drummer a kick here and there wont hurt. Great job the Intro is by far not cheesy lol

8/10
Click My Library to see what I've written

My Library
^ thanks man, added those powerchords in. I turned the volume down on them though, so they don't take over everything else that's going on.

I'll definitely add some drums when I get that feel that's like "oh this drum beat would go good here", but I'm yet to get that which is weird O.o

New version in original post!

Edit: even newer one has drums and bass now!
Quote by naedauuf
I'm in need of a guy
Last edited by Demonology at Nov 11, 2008,
It sounds like a pretty decent (folk metal??) song. Seems pretty well thought out. Solo and drums are the weak points in my opinion. Work on those and add a good ending and this will be a good song! Good luck!

7.5/10
Quote by Rockford_rocks
Any chick that can dance with a walrus to Michael Jackson songs is hot in my book.