Page 1 of 2
I was watching something in class, and I'm wondering what the Pit thinks of this. When the 13th Dalai Llama died, they said his head pointed to a shack. They went there, and they found a young boy who spoke to them in their tongue, and even grabbed the Dalai Llama's beads, who one of the monks had. He then recognized all of the items that belonged to him, by choosing them from other items. What does the Pit think?
Quote by chip46
"I'm discontinuing production on the Timmy now as well. It might come back into production at some point down the road, but probably not because people will just clone it anyway cause they're stupid jerk face doo doo heads. -Paul C."
It was actually Pikachu, not the Dalai Lama. He was actually pointing to Raichu in disgust, not understanding why Raichu had to be less popular than Pikachu.

This makes no sense at all, which is something that this post has in common with the original post
Quote by Chrisiphone
Oh wow this is a guitar forum!
Quote by JacobTheMe

Karvid is sexy

Quote by KAS1981
Why is it that some folks quote praise from other members in their sig lines?
Its lame.
I think reincarnation is definitely possible. Don't believe in that past life regression bollocks though.

Quote by Craigo
Population boom + no real evidence.

It's not necessarily as simple as 1 soul, 1 body. We might all be pooling from the same shared conciousness, or we might be reincarnated from animals, or we might switch to and from seperate states of existence.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
Last edited by rabidguitarist at Nov 10, 2008,
Well, I was just wondering about what I said. I don't really believe it, I'm Muslim, but it seems like it could be plausible. But I don't believe it.
Quote by rabidguitarist
I think reincarnation is definitely possible. Don't believe in that past life regression bollocks though.

I think those are just publicity stunts.
Quote by chip46
"I'm discontinuing production on the Timmy now as well. It might come back into production at some point down the road, but probably not because people will just clone it anyway cause they're stupid jerk face doo doo heads. -Paul C."
Quote by Karvid
It was actually Pikachu, not the Dalai Lama. He was actually pointing to Raichu in disgust, not understanding why Raichu had to be less popular than Pikachu.

This makes no sense at all, which is something that this post has in common with the original post

I believe that after death, I shall be reincarnated as a Caterpie.

inb4 Molemania.
Quote by Craigo
Population boom + no real evidence.

The bold being the operative far more so than the population boom. Hypothetically assuming reincarnation to be the case, there could easily be many more souls than bodies to host them.
Quote by Just_Matt
Nice story..

I'm not making it up. Why would I make up a story that has nothing to do with my beliefs?
Quote by chip46
Quote by Karvid

I like it because it has pokemanz in it.
Has anybody noticed that practically the only place where we hear these stories of reincarnation is India?
For example, the girl with eight legs, the guy with a tail, and that guy who supposedly recognized his parents from his "past life." All of this happened in India...
Quote by Chrisiphone
Quote by JacobTheMe

Karvid is sexy

Quote by KAS1981
Its lame.
I doubt that actually happened, sorry. It's just that these things are usually not true or just wildly exaggerated.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Definitely a myth. Babies can't talk.

In case you didn't know.

EDIT: Although, Buddhism is my favorite religion, even if they're all fake and whatnot.
1. Open My Computer.
2. Open C:
3. Click on WINDOWS.
4. Open the folder "Media."
5. Click on the file "onestop."
6. Listen.
Quote by lespaul#1
I'm not making it up. Why would I make up a story that has nothing to do with my beliefs?

Im not saying that you made it up, Im just questioning its plausibility.

As a story real or not is pretty cool.
Quote by Kensai
I doubt that actually happened, sorry. It's just that these things are usually not true or just wildly exaggerated.

I was thinking like that too. Maybe they were trying to cement their beliefs. The monks also said we are entering the apocalypse. My friend was like "That's Lovely."

Quote by Mockstairwell
Definitely a myth. Babies can't talk.

In case you didn't know.

He was like 5. I messed up that shack thing, I have no idea how they found it, besides the fact that the previous Dalai Llama's head had pointed there.
Quote by chip46
mmm i heard that in RS... before i dropped it because it is a pointless subject
I love my keyboardist, he's hot.

Quote by phlip999
The Pit is the epitome of higher learning and full of intillectual people who help the masses solve their problems.

The Llama Forum Bagel Group
whats a dalai llama
MY GEAR!
Amp
-Peavey Classic 30
Guitars
-Silverburst Epiphone Les Paul Custom
-Squier Stratocaster
Pedals
-Ibanez TS9DX Turbo Tube Screamer
-Fender PT-100
-MXR Phase 90
-Fuzz Face Clone
-MXR Carbon Copy
this isnt made up, we did it in the waste of time they call RE. I think its very wierd, but I dont believe in reincarnation because then Id be supporting the idea of a god or something superior that controls us, and I dont want to believe that.
Quote by fender4482
whats a dalai llama

The Buddhist Pope.
Quote by chip46
Quote by fender4482
whats a dalai llama

Pikachu or Raichu. Not sure which one, though
Quote by Chrisiphone
Quote by JacobTheMe

Karvid is sexy

Quote by KAS1981
Its lame.
Quote by Karvid

Leave the pokemon jokes to Metaldud.
Quote by lespaul#1
I was thinking like that too. Maybe they were trying to cement their beliefs. The monks also said we are entering the apocalypse. My friend was like "That's Lovely."

Apocalypse eh?

Btw none of the points in the story are very surprising even if they were true. A boy who "speaks their tongue"? Is it unusual that people speak the language of the country they're born in? He was 5, they are able to learn a language at that age (before that even).

Grabbed one of the dalai lamas beads? Kids like objects, doesn't matter what they are.

Recognized all of the items that belonged to him, by choosing them from other items? What other items were they, and how many?
Dude, one of my friends is one of these: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brahmin .
Quote by chip46
Quote by demon.guitarist
this isnt made up, we did it in the waste of time they call RE. I think its very wierd, but I dont believe in reincarnation because then Id be supporting the idea of a god or something superior that controls us, and I dont want to believe that.

Not necessarily- you could be believing in reincarnation through karma, which would be a divine force but not a concious being, and we would be in complete control of our reincarnation.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
Belief is belief. They all sound nuts when you just say them aloud.

This is no more crazy sounding than Jesus being murdered in front of hundreds of people and entombed, obviously dead, then pushing a massive boulder away from a cave door some days later and flying up into the sky.

That's how religious beliefs are. Believe what you believe and stop looking for affirmation from other people for it.
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
Quote by Stratoblaster73
Leave the pokemon jokes to Metaldud.

That wasn't a joke
Quote by Chrisiphone
Quote by JacobTheMe

Karvid is sexy

Quote by KAS1981
Its lame.
Quote by Kensai
Apocalypse eh?

Btw none of the points in the story are very surprising even if they were true. A boy who "speaks their tongue"? Is it unusual that people speak the language of the country they're born in? He was 5, they are able to learn a language at that age (before that even).

Grabbed one of the dalai lamas beads? Kids like objects, doesn't matter what they are.

Recognized all of the items that belonged to him, by choosing them from other items? What other items were they, and how many?

Good point on the beads. The objects, were like Buddhist holy stuff. Like this
Quote by chip46
Quote by lespaul#1
I was watching something in class, and I'm wondering what the Pit thinks of this. When the 13th Dalai Llama died, they said his head pointed to a shack. They went there, and they found a young boy who spoke to them in their tongue, and even grabbed the Dalai Llama's beads, who one of the monks had. He then recognized all of the items that belonged to him, by choosing them from other items. What does the Pit think?

There you are. No evidence. And who is this mysterious 'they'?
Quote by strat0blaster
Believe what you believe and stop looking for affirmation from other people for it.

I'm not Buddhist, just wanted other peoples' opinions. The Pit has alot of thinkers, like Kensai.
Quote by SmarterChild
There you are. No evidence. And who is this mysterious 'they'?
His monks, sort of like Cardinals.
Quote by chip46
Quote by lespaul#1
Good point on the beads. The objects, were like Buddhist holy stuff. Like this

It would be interesting the ratio of holy buddha things to "normal" objects, how they looked and whether the kid actually only selected holy objects or maybe like 1-2 normal objects but they got ignored or not mentioned.

When we have variables like that it's difficult to accept the idea.
If reincarnation is true I must have been a real asshole in my past life............................
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Quote by Kensai

There will always be variables that punch holes in almost any theory. This is why it's belief, whether structured or free, and not just fact.

You can't argue a belief based on an opposing belief on grounds that neither are factual, but, simply just that - beliefs.
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
Quote by Kensai
It would be interesting the ratio of holy buddha things to "normal" objects, how they looked and whether the kid actually only selected holy objects or maybe like 1-2 normal objects but they got ignored or not mentioned.

Yeah, the video was staged, so no one besides the monks really no what happened.
Quote by chip46
"I hope reincarnation is real, so I can come back and fuck teenagers again."

---George Carlin (R.I.P)
Quote by lespaul#1

His monks, sort of like Cardinals.

Personal monks? Of course they're going to ladle on the divinity, they would be out of a job otherwise.
Is it a bad thing if one of your testicles is larger then the other two?
Page 1 of 2