So, my GAS is burning again, and I am looking at getting an effects pedal.

I have a Schecter Omen 6 and a Roland MicroCube, and I play mostly blues-rock/hard-rock (Clapton, AC/DC, Guns).

I'm looking for a distortion pedal, preferably one that's not too metal or deep. I prefer the crunchy, tube overdrive sort of thing, which is why I'm looking into an Ibanez TubeScreamer.

I would also like a Wah-Wah, just for the lulz and to try and make my soloing less bluesy and slow - (I've noticed a lot of modern rock solos use wah-wah).

This is only at the moment, which is why I've also been looking at Multi Effects pedals. I've got the Digitech GNX series in mind, but only because they're the only one I've seen on that stupid reviews section on this site

Budget is like, low - probably in betweeen £100 and £200, at a stretch.
dont go multi, unless all you are doing is experimenting around trying to create your own sound.

edit: since for right now all you are looking for is a disto and a wah, do not go multi.

you should be able to pick up a nice wah (vox, perhaps?) and a good OD/distortion at your price level.
But surely, in the future, I might be after a phaser... then maybe a chorus, then a delay. In two years, I'll have paid twice as much as i would for a Multi.

???
Get a new amp. A Tubescreamer isn't going to improve your tone in the slightest.

A multi-effects won't rape your tone unless you pair a cheap unit with an expensive amp.

I went to this one show where this blue/funk guitarist had a nice Strat, and a JC-120. He paired them with an ME-50. The ear rape was unbearable.
Yeah, a better amp was my first thought too. Modeling amps just don't get it when your thinking of adding things.
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
Valve Junior (V3 Head/Cab and Combo)
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Wampler Super Plextortion
Line 6 Pod HD
Mmm, well the problem is, I'm not allowed a new amp for the mo'.

My dad is too knowledgable and too pragmatic - he doesn't listen to stuff 'bout tone, but he doesn't see the point until I improve my playing and start playing with other people.
Yeah that sucks dude. probably just tough it out. It's not a bad little amp on it's own.
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
Valve Junior (V3 Head/Cab and Combo)
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Wampler Super Plextortion
Line 6 Pod HD
Quote by a7xrocks02
well multi will rape your tone but singles will sound good

worth the extra $$

i agree... multi effects are convinient but not really worth it in the long run your better off spending more mony on something worth it... youll be sorry if you dont...
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(") This is bunny. Copy him into your signature to help him acheive world dominance.
try fulltone ocd, or mi audio crunchbox for distortion. vox wah shuould be good enough.
Quote by JackFlash19
A musician will work through bad gigs, rough relationships with bandmates, disagreements, and the like to further the success of the band.
The GNX4 is a great unit if you want an 8 Track recorder/looper and midi drum machine. But that Micro-Cube will be useless in combination with a GNX4.

You need to do something first about your amp. With your budget maybe try a Vypyr 30 and a Wah or Wah/Volume pedal.