first off, can you isolate an amps power section (so you could run a multi effects or something into an amp without the preamp coloring your sound) by simply going into the pedals, and then plugging the output of that into the effects return of the amp? would this sound good with my POD XT? because i was thinking, one day i could run my pod into a crate V's power amp to add in a little "tube warmth" to the amp models i use.
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
You could probably just stick it in the effects loop and run it on your clean channel.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments
true, but i dont know if that would sound as good as having the power amp isolated, so its just preamp-poweramp-speaker, as opposed to having the pod and the crate as my preamp...
periphery/bulb!

gear:

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
Quote by Skierinanutshel
no, i dont believe so, unless you do some major reconstruction.

edit: just buy a seperate power amp instead

all the tube poweramps i've seen are designed for people with rackmount setups playing arenas... and plus if i got one of those i'd need to get a cabinet along with it
periphery/bulb!

gear:

Quote by AsOneIStand
Quote by Guitarmiester
Guitar -> Pod input -> Pod output -> Effects loop return

This will work, I just don't know how loud it will be.

IPs idea is gold though, do that.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
It works just fine, I've done it any number of times. No need for a separate power amp.
It will be plenty loud, the POD's output signal is just as strong as the preamp's.
You can do it with individual pedals too for some cool sounds, fuzzes in particular are fun.
The 'output' knob acts as a master volume. He'll be able to play at the exact same volume levels as if he was using his amps preamp section.
thanks, the mesa 20/20 does actually seem pretty cheap. i obviously wouldnt know the slightest bit about getting it hooked up to the combo amp's speaker, but i would take it to a guy. then again, getting a crate V would still be much less pricey.
periphery/bulb!

gear:

Quote by AsOneIStand
might as well just by a spider valve IMO. pretty much the same idea yea?
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
*fellow LEO feel free to give a shout out
I did it for a little while with a SS amp with a bad preamp. Hooked a pedal to the return on the fx loop. All the controls were on the pedal in easy reach.
I'm pretty sure in the manual it actually recommends you do this. (I have one too)
Quote by slash_rocks2005
might as well just by a spider valve IMO. pretty much the same idea yea?

good point, but the spider preamp is different than a POD XT. the pod xt in amp form would be the flextone III, which they dont have a tube version of.
periphery/bulb!

gear:

Quote by AsOneIStand