Does your school allow you to use your phone during school hours at all? Ours have to be "in our locker." Pshh like people won't steal it...

If you do use it, what do you do with it? (text, play games, im, call, nothing just look cool having a phone out...)
poll didn't want to cooperate, so I guess just answer.

Our school is really strict...they'll take it away the 1st time and your parents have to go get it and the 2nd time you're suspended for 5 days. But I still text in certain classes where the teacher is oblivious or just doesn't care
I'm not a Bible-thumper anymore. Realized I had a brain in '09.

I like guitars, running, and math.
Last edited by Psalm 150:4 at Nov 10, 2008,
I can usually just get it out during lesson and answer it. Even though you are not supposed to, all my teachers are relaxed about it.
cellphones for the fail

Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plus-Top, SH-2 and SH-5
Ibanez GRX20
Baron Acoustic
Peavey Valveking 112
Roland Cube 15
Dunlop Crybaby From Hell
Dunlop GCB-95 Crybaby
Boss MT-2 Metal Zone
Boss PH-3 Phase Shifter
Boss BF-3 Flanger
I dont go to school anymore, but we weren't allowed to have them visible to the teacher. We could however have them in our pockets or bags as long as they were silent. Hell sometimes the teachers would pick up their phone and make a call >_<
RIP Bernie Mac
RIP Michael Jackson

FUCK YOU DIME!

Quote by Cobain_Is_King
Get 'Cliff is Angry. So so angry' on your ass.

Edit: Then take pictures and send me them.

Genetically engineered and raised by wolverines DAVE MUSTAINE...
We're basically allowed to have them, as long as they aren't out in class and are off/on silent but seeing as the whole building has no signal anyway, they never ring. Everyone brings a phone, no-one really uses it during school time because you have to go outside to get signal.
You're using UG classic, congratulations.
You should be using UG classic.

E-Married to Guitar0Player

http://the llama forum because its gone forever which sucks and I hate it.
my 6th form allows mobile phones, though not excessively, like texting in lessons, when your supposed to being doing your damn A levels...
but if its serious, like you desperately need to contact your mum/dad/granny/whatever, more often than not, you'll be allowed.
My Highschool is Nazzi about not using cellphones. You would think it was the end of the world if one rang!
The Conservative youth of America!
In lunch we can. It's actually just "electronic devices," so we could get away with bringing a TV and Xbox if we wanted, but I don't go to lunch anyways.
Quote by Tire Me.
Raping her in front of other people would be morally wrong.

Quote by Bubbles516
wtf290 uses make bubbles feel like crap
Its super effective!
Quote by Psalm 150:4
Ours have to be "in our locker." Pshh like people won't steal it...

This might be a bit of a crazy idea, but maybe you could try leaving it at home?
Quote by whoismilan
This might be a bit of a crazy idea, but maybe you could try leaving it at home?

Well then you don't have it after school. You'd have to go home, get your phone, and come back, which is a pretty big inconvenience.
Quote by Tire Me.

Quote by Bubbles516
Its super effective!
We can't even have them IN school.

But who really needs them anyway? What are you gonna do, text your friends?

You: lol wut r u up 2?
Them: nm just in math
1. Open My Computer.
2. Open C:
3. Click on WINDOWS.
4. Open the folder "Media."
5. Click on the file "onestop."
6. Listen.
Quote by wtf290
Well then you don't have it after school. You'd have to go home, get your phone, and come back, which is a pretty big inconvenience.

I go home after school.
my high school was pretty strict about them. they would take it if they saw you with it.

but at college they dont really care. obviously professors arent going to let you talk during class, but most dont care if you have it out and are texting or something like that.

some care though, but all they can really do is ask you to put it away. they have no authority to take it.
depends on the teacher...i dont have a phone so it doesnt matter
Scar tissue that I wish you saw
Sarcastic mister know it all
Close your eyes and I'll kiss you cause
With the birds I'll share
This lonely view
Quote by ShaunDiel
I go home after school.

Some people go to friend's houses, or have sports, or stay after for extra help. There's a slew of things people do before they go home after school.
Quote by Tire Me.

Quote by Bubbles516
Its super effective!
Quote by whoismilan

What's the point of a mobile phone if it's the same as a house phone for 5/7 days..most of the day at least.

My parents like me to have my phone with me when I drive and also to call/text if I'll be going somewhere other than home or a friend's house after school. So no, I don't want to leave my phone in my car or at home.
I'm not a Bible-thumper anymore. Realized I had a brain in '09.

I like guitars, running, and math.
I use my cell in class a lot
I sometimes use Skype on my cell or just watch concerts (with earphones :P )
i've uploaded to my phone its awesome
they let us have it with us and whatnot and we're allowed to use it between classes/during lunch/ break/ if class ends early

i don't normally text during class anyways
Quote by Mr. La Fritz
"all fatties report to the gym!"

Quote by mosh_face

music should only sound like a train running into a wall of BC riches plugged into line 6 spiders
Out of sight, out of mind.

Txting under the desks FTW!
"I'm sick of following my dreams man. I'm just ask where they're going, and hook up with them later."
when I was in highschool you got it confiscated if you where seen with it (although they may be a bit more tolerant now as cell phones werent nearly as common when I was in high school) In college most profs would kick you out of the lecture for the day if your phone went off during class.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
I dont have anyone to text but i use it as a watch
"You're a twat!"- That dude in morrisons

"You Ugly git!" - That girl in the restaurant

"You Were a Mistake!" - Mum

just a few of my fans..

i was allowed mine, but my mate went to some posh toff school and get hers confiscation so she called the police and they collected it for her

i was really proud of her
in my school texts are flying like crazy during classes, but the students have to be crafty with some teachers because they spot it going on and care. I have never had anything come of it though, the teacher usually just tells me to put it away.Most teachers just don't give a ****. One in particular, Mr Koperwas, is so ****ing oblivious. We are Business room for Marketing, which he teaches, and he was helpng this guy beside me with something to do with Excel, and I was playing Donkey Kong Country RIGHT AT THE NEXT COMPUTER, he just didn't ****ing notice.
Quote by -Collapse-
Oh, hello mister tracer! Lets dance!
Quote by CodySG
And we all poop in the sandwiches!

New Drug Chat, Eh? CLICK HERE

pass: misterhoffman
Quote by Mockstairwell
We can't even have them IN school.

But who really needs them anyway? What are you gonna do, text your friends?

You: lol wut r u up 2?
Them: nm just in math

Um i actually do that lol.
My Gear
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
EHX Metal Muff
Peavey Valvking 112
Boss ME-50
Holy Grail Reverb
At college my specific teachers will give the entire class pop quizzes if one persons phone goes off. It's sort of reason to not be the cause of everyone being PO'd.
Quote by msuspartan
Um i actually do that lol.

yeah man, what do you think we text about, other than that and

"dude do u wanna blaze after school" or, "dude what are you saying tonite" or, "mr koperwas is such a d bag, fing jew"
Quote by -Collapse-
Oh, hello mister tracer! Lets dance!
Quote by CodySG
And we all poop in the sandwiches!

New Drug Chat, Eh? CLICK HERE

pass: misterhoffman
even teachers can't see under desks AND they don't suspect me. i was a good little boy in year 7-9. now i'm just like any other 16 yr old in the school...
the school is strict on phones though, they will confiscate it if they see one and only give it back with parents present and a formal appology
DONT RISK IT, BUY A BASS AMP
just meant to be off during school. althought every1 just has theirs on silent. some people just go to the bathrooms to call people or just go there to play games

everybody texts during class
Gear:
Maton MS503
Squier Strat
Randall RG75DG3+
H & K 100W Switchblade
Dunlop Original Crybaby
Digitech Crossroads
Digitech Jamman
Zoom G1

Quote by Sol9989
Caramello wins life.

Quote by A8039077
Caramello, that's mother****ing genius!
Quote by Habit Zero
At college my specific teachers will give the entire class pop quizzes if one persons phone goes off. It's sort of reason to not be the cause of everyone being PO'd.

in my college classes pop quizzes are a gift from god. you finish them in no time and it forces the teachers to teach at a reasonable speed in the remaining 30 min. calculus is just so boring when you learn only one measely thing over two hours. plus in the remaining hour and a half you can just text your friends :P

in short, I wish I had your teachers
If you can play music with enthusiasm and an honest effort, then no matter how flawed, noisy and unclean the music is, you are a musician. If you play just to be the best, you are not a musician, nor are you worthy of any musician's recognition. - me
No Cell phones at my school, if they show one, then they take it and they keep it for the rest of the day... It's kind of a nonsensical rule, nobody ever gets caught.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
In my old high school it used to get comfiscated and you would be given a $100 ticket.

People were still dumb enough to take it. I didn't get my first cell phone until the summer after i graduated, so it was no big deal for me.
in my high school, if you get caught texting, you get crucified.

seriously, first offense: phone taken away til the end of the day
second: call home, parents have to come pick it up
third: fine of some amount.
With my school, as long as it's on vibrate, no one cares. Teachers rarely take it away, and then only if it's gone off in class multiple times. Some of the teachers let you use the calculator on it for tests and whatever. It's up to the discretion of the teacher as to how it's used. But, not even the most tight-assed teacher I have minds if I use it to check the time. Generally, as long as it isn't used while they're talking/teaching, it's fine. Same thing with ipods. Only my math teacher doesn't let us use those.

Yes, I realize that my post was all over the place (:

Edit: I just remembered that in my grade nine science exam last year, about six people's cellphones went off, and they didn't even get taken away
In high school, if your phone goes off the teacher takes it to the office. Since most phones vibrate loud, then if it vibrates it gets taken to the office. We all text anyways, but we put it on silent and we're sneaky.

OFFENSE 1: locked in a safe in the office for 3 days.
OFFENSE 2: locked in a safe in the office for 5 days.
OFFENSE 3: locked in a safe in the office until they think you should get it back.
Quote by GiantRaven
You are not human.

I am totally serious.

Quote by tilinmyowngrave
I was inspired by someone saying they had Millionaire on their Ipod

he's talking about me!