I was looking at the Boss MT-2 and ML-2 but they don't look like what i'm looking for.
What amp are you running through? Sometimes pedals don't work well with certain amps, specifically modelers.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
Quote by MESAexplorer
What amp are you running through? Sometimes pedals don't work well with certain amps, specifically modelers.

an Ibanez toneblaster 15w
Quote by GuitarMusic4894
New amp...

O yea in a month im getting a peavey vypyr 75w. Sorry wasnt thinking.
Quote by dude9521
O yea in a month im getting a peavey vypyr 75w. Sorry wasnt thinking.

tbh get a valveking (or other tube amp) used. I got my VK for 230 and with the right pedals you can get much better sound than a modeler.
My gear:
PRS SE custom
~!~--Peavey XXX super 40 EFX --~!~
Peavey VK 112

===WGS Vet30
===JJ power tubes

---Pedals:
-ISP Decimator
-Digitech Bad Monkey
-Crybaby wah
-Korg Pitchblack
-Danelectro FnC EQ
Quote by DaddyBarbs
tbh get a valveking (or other tube amp) used. I got my VK for 230 and with the right pedals you can get much better sound than a modeler.

i'd actually have to agree. I think this Vypyr craze thing is over-rated when you could get a used valveking and mod it to sound good.
Quote by Highwaytohell
i'd actually have to agree. I think this Vypyr craze thing is over-rated when you could get a used valveking and mod it to sound good.

Second thread in a row I read that is full of fail.
Quote by DaddyBarbs

O well when the 60w and 120w vypyrs finally come out, they are tube amps. How would that be?
Why would you need a 60w tube amp? The only reasonf for having a tube amp with more than 40w is if you gig. Otherwise, it's too impractical and sounds shitty at low volumes-- which you need to use in order to not piss of your parents/nearby residents
Quote by V.U.K
Why would you need a 60w tube amp? The only reasonf for having a tube amp with more than 40w is if you gig. Otherwise, it's too impractical and sounds shitty at low volumes-- which you need to use in order to not piss of your parents/nearby residents

Could it possibly have to do with metal being mostly preamp saturation and the avoidance of power amp saturation... Hmmm possibly so.... Or maybe its the fact that 99% of all metal amps all come in higher wattage (for a reason of coarse aka headroom).... I could be wrong...but im not lol
Quote by V.U.K

I have my first gig coming up in February so yeah.
Quote by IbanezPsycho
Well a Bogner Uberschall in pedal form doesnt exist yet... So, its gonna be a crap shoot..

This made me literally rofl

IBZ you rock!
I've bought, sold, and traded more gear than I care to admit.
Quote by dude9521
I have my first gig coming up in February so yeah.

You're going to be running through a PA anyway, which makes high wattage even less necessary.

The A7X tone is a result of taking extremely high quality amplifies, and then completely stripping them of anything remotely resembling midrange. Any pedal with the word "metal" in the name, EQ'd the same way, will get you more or less the same sound.
Someones knowledge of guitar companies spelling determines what amps you can own. Really smart people can own things like Framus because they sound like they might be spelled with a "y" but they aren't.
Quote by Archeo Avis
You're going to be running through a PA anyway, which makes high wattage even less necessary.

The A7X tone is a result of taking extremely high quality amplifies, and then completely stripping them of anything remotely resembling midrange. Any pedal with the word "metal" in the name, EQ'd the same way, will get you more or less the same sound.

You boost mids...... I like that :P
I've bought, sold, and traded more gear than I care to admit.