Okay my emgs dont give me enough sustain and 'hotness' compared to all my other magnetic pups. how do i increase this? the batterys are alright i dont know whats up with it.
Put them in the oven.

Just like a butter muffin.
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
Quote by GaijinFoot
maybe move the pickup closer to the strings? just an idea

This is most likely the soultion. EMGs need to be very close to the strings, as they have a very weak magnetic field.
Quote by XgamerGt04
This is most likely the soultion. EMGs need to be very close to the strings, as they have a very weak magnetic field.

Oh i didnt think this was the problem because they were active. cool ill do that.
Raise'em till you're just missing them when you palm mute and add another battery for 18V
我会关闭我的耳朵,和我的心; 我会变成一个石头
"I will close my ears and my heart and I will be a stone"
Maybe you need a new battery?
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
Quote by jm1681
Raise'em till you're just missing them when you palm mute and add another battery for 18V

wouldn't that be a bad idea? things designed for 9 volt run on 9 volt for a reason. that probably would be a bad idea
Quote by captaincrunk
wouldn't that be a bad idea? things designed for 9 volt run on 9 volt for a reason. that probably would be a bad idea

there's two pickups. adding another 9volt would just allow them to have their own power source instead of running off one.
i used to be a mod, then i took an arrow in the knee.
Quote by captaincrunk

they're designed to run on 9, 18, and 27 volts. 18volts makes the biggest improvement in headroom and clarity.
Quote by mikeyElite
there's two pickups. adding another 9volt would just allow them to have their own power source instead of running off one.

i don't think so, they'd both be drawing current from both of the batteries in series.
Gibson SG Standard + 18volt EMG-81 & 85
Mesa/Boogie Mark IV + Recto 2x12
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by captaincrunk

EMG's can handle up to 27v but after 18v the sound doesn't change much. There is a big difference in sound from 9v to 18v though. EMG's sound better at 18v and I reccomend anyone that has EMG's to try this mod. It's cheap and easy to do and makes a big difference. There's a thread on here about the multiple ways this mod can be done.
Quote by captaincrunk

There designed to handle up to 27volts so no it is not a bad idea.

You can run two of them for a longer charge or run two to up the voltage to 18v which is a great mod and really opens them up. Not really in the gain department but in the clarity, tone and more organic department.
Quote by captaincrunk

They handle up to 27v, and tons of people run them at 18 now
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
+1 to 18v mod
My Gear:
Schecter C-1 Plus with EMG 81/85(18v mod)
PRS Tremonti SE
Randall V2
Genz Benz G-Flex 212
BBE 482i Sonic Maximizer
ISP Decimator Prorack G
+2 to 18v mod. Be smart and just wire together 3 9v harnesses so it plugs in and out no problem, no soldering of actually guitar components needed.
^ i can barely change a fuse lol ill leave it to the pros. it would be good to hear an audio example of the difference. i read in a few places the difference is minimal
that video makes it kinda hard to tell the difference... this one is more direct.

9v: http://source.dk/~jbj/EMG9v.mp3
18v: http://source.dk/~jbj/EMG18v.mp3
Gibson SG Standard + 18volt EMG-81 & 85
Mesa/Boogie Mark IV + Recto 2x12
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008