Well I never thought it would be so frustrating, but playing my Jackson Rhoads while sitting down is near impossible, i have to try to balance it on my bed while holding it up with my left hand, which is bad. Anybody have any solutions to said problem?
LOOK AT MY SIG!!!!
stand up
Quote by HaKattack
Woman tone, eh?

Set treble to PUT THE TOILET SEAT DOWN WHEN YOU'RE DONE
Mids to YOU'RE DRIVING TOO FAST
Bass to WHAT DO YOU MEAN, "MAKE ME A SANDWICH"?
Gain to NOT TONIGHT, I HAVE A HEADACHE.

starter of the nadsat group
Put your right leg in between the two wings at the crux. Problem solved.
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
Quote by reedplaysgeetar
stand up

Whiole sitting dowen jsut put the v in between your lap and be more upward with the guitar instead of horizontal, its what i do with my rhoads;]
could try putting one edge above your knee and one below, if you get me. itll be a weird position to be in, but might work.

but + 1 to standing
small fin goes in between your legs
Gear:
Morpheus Droptune
Ibanez Weeping Demon
Bugera 333xl 212
SCHECTER JEFF LOOMIS C7 FR
Quote by Colgate Total

I'm amazed at how many people have this problem.

I know.. I've always found them so comfortable sitting down
It's a stage guitar. If you must sit down with it, you'l have trouble reaching the higher notes past your knee D:
Solution: stand up.
Quote by Colgate Total

I'm amazed at how many people have this problem.

So simple, yet most everyone over looks it.
The "WUT" face when my friend saw it in the shop with me was great, he couldn't figure out how to sit with it
let me know how that works out for ya. i played one of them for years and never found a comfortable wat to do it. you could put the wings stradeling a leg but then your arms get all goofy and it makes it hard to play. Good luck
Im gonna pistol whip the next guy that says shenanigans !!!!
i couldn't sit down with one very well (a rhoads) when i tried them out at GAK, but i can sit down perfectly with a Dean Razorback V.

STEAM: beachhhhhhhh

Quote by cornmancer
Please daddy, just for one hour.
TBH... i dont see how people can have these problems, I have an Agile Reaper (very similar to a Rhoads) & it just feels REALLY comfortable for me sitting down & its sooo simple to work out how to sit with it... as soon as i got it i already knew how to sit with it & i'd never played a V or Rhoads before.
Classical Position.
Neon Neon Neon Neon Neon Black

UG's #1 anti-active advocate

Gear:
Engl Powerball
Carvin DC727
Schecter C-1+
Line 6 Flextone 3
Line 6 M9
I couldn't get on with my V, it's a great guitar to have on stage but not on your lap.

Give me my strat anyday!

X
'05 Fender Speed Shop So-Cal Stratocaster
'95 Squier Standard Strat

OLP MM1
Washburn X200v Pro

Tanglewood TW145-SC
Yamaha C40

Orange Dark Terror + PPC212
Jet City JCA20H + JCA24S
Quote by Madsalty
I couldn't get on with my V, it's a great guitar to have on stage but not on your lap.

Give me my strat anyday!

X

bah!

STEAM: beachhhhhhhh

Quote by cornmancer
Please daddy, just for one hour.
I do it different.. but I play a normal guitar far different as well.
I basically stick the whole guitar between my legs and I always wear a strap so I don't have to worry about supporting it or whatever.
It's amazing how many people can not comprehend how easy and comfortable V's are to play sitting down even when its explained to them over and over, LOL.
Quote by TechnicolorType
I do it different.. but I play a normal guitar far different as well.
I basically stick the whole guitar between my legs and I always wear a strap so I don't have to worry about supporting it or whatever.

i usually do that with my bass, but i couldn't play guitar like that
Quote by Hoodoo Child
bah!

To be honest i don't know why i bought a V. I even put in a dimarzio tone zone. Now bear in mind i play blues and a little bit of classic rock and I'd built a monster metal guitar i don't quite know what i was thinking.

X
'05 Fender Speed Shop So-Cal Stratocaster
'95 Squier Standard Strat

OLP MM1
Washburn X200v Pro

Tanglewood TW145-SC
Yamaha C40

Orange Dark Terror + PPC212
Jet City JCA20H + JCA24S
they make rests for them that go on the bottom wing and then sits on your knee,ive seen this on a few kramer guitars
ummm... where a shoulder strap? I use it on my Rhoads and stay in classical position, and never have any problems, its only a problem if you dont use a strap... or just stand up?
Better, Faster, Stronger

Kansas City Chiefs

Kansas State Wildcats
Quote by airbrendie
Hey guys in the last 3 weeks I ****ed all the girls in this picture, what do you think?

Quote by Madsalty
To be honest i don't know why i bought a V. I even put in a dimarzio tone zone. Now bear in mind i play blues and a little bit of classic rock and I'd built a monster metal guitar i don't quite know what i was thinking.

X

I did exactly the same. I play blues and some hard rock and I went and bought a jackson V when I was in a metal band. Put a bareknuckle warpig in it and screwed up sightly with the electronics (couldn't get the earthing sorted) and now since I left the band it's just sat in the hardcase with the strings slackened off for months. Awesome guitar to play live, but not really my style and not comfortable to play sitting down (plugged in anyways).
Quote by griffRG7321
become a circumsizer, you get like £60,000 a year + tips.

Quote by Flying Couch
Because I'm not aerodynamic. All the other airborne furniture laugh at me.

LIKE PORTISHEAD?
I have a Rhoads, and it's the only electric I own, and it was actually the first electric I ever owned, and now I can barely play any other guitar not a V because it's so uncomfortable. I get a little confused around the upper frets because I'm so used to sitting the V betwen my legs and the neck at a 45 degree angle, and it's higher up. I love v's.
this is unrelated, but im just going to say I would never buy a gibson flying v, id get a jackson rhoads over it, the flying v looks like it had to meet safety regulations or something, its just kinda ugly i think.
Quote by Bloodavian
Its not about the Radio its about talent, the front man has a bigger vocal range than Micheal Jackson and he can sing from heavey metal to high pitched ...No.12 on the top 20 under rated guitarists of ALL TIME...etc

1-Bloodavian 0-Forkman.

^Fail^