Hey UG,
I am getting a dimarzio d-sonic 7 string bridge pick-up for my brownsville guitar which has a licensed Floyd Rose trem. I am getting a schecter omen 7 very soon which has a fixed bridge and would like to know what would possibly be similar to the d-sonic made by seymour duncan. I believe that for floating trems dimarzio works best and with fixed bridges seymour duncans work best.
I play a mixture of grunge, heavy metal, nu-metal and currently getting into shred. Many thanx in advance. I'm putting the d-sonic in the brownsville and want a similar sounding SD in the Schecter.
Guitars:
Ibanez RGR321EX
Schecter Omen 7 (with Dimarzio D-Sonic in bridge and Air Norton in neck)
Effects:
Tokai TFL-1 Flanger
Boss RGE-10 Graphic EQ
Ibanez DE7 Delay/Echo
Boss TU-2 Tuner
Amp:
Laney IronHeart IRT60 212
Last edited by Switchmunky7 at Nov 10, 2008,
you can buy SD pickups with "trembucker" spacing to accomodate the increased width at the bridge. i've never liked dimarzios, but that's your choice.
Quote by Powerhouse
I was in a nu-metal band when I was 15. I hated the top 3 strings (G,B, and E). I wondered why guitars even had them.
i have never thought that sd or any pickup is better suited to a tremolo for sound purposes..

but i will say that if you like the drop sonic ,..by all means put it in the other as well!!...i love the drop sonic,..i use it in the bride position of both my gibson sg and gibson les paul!

what effects pick sound and suitablity are things like wood and neck...

good luck
Thanks for the input much appreciated
Guitars:
Ibanez RGR321EX
Schecter Omen 7 (with Dimarzio D-Sonic in bridge and Air Norton in neck)
Effects:
Tokai TFL-1 Flanger
Boss RGE-10 Graphic EQ
Ibanez DE7 Delay/Echo
Boss TU-2 Tuner
Amp:
Laney IronHeart IRT60 212