To any Kurt Vonnegut fans out there I would appreciate if you could recommend me one of his novels to read. I've already read Cat's Cradle and liked it, so just give me your favorite or one you think I should read next, Thanks.
This is weird man. I have an essay on Slaughterhouse-Five due tomorrow. It was a great book.
S-5 has already been mentioned; I'm late
Quote by Arthur Curry
it's official, vintage x metal is the saving grace of this board and/or the antichrist

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

I've read Galapagos, which was interesting, although he has a really different way of writing. It's interesting, but I just find his writing kind of bland for my tastes, take into account however I'm more of a poetry kind of guy with soaring aphorisms and clever conceits.
Quote by st.stephen
I've read Galapagos, which was interesting, although he has a really different way of writing. It's interesting, but I just find his writing kind of bland for my tastes, take into account however I'm more of a poetry kind of guy with soaring aphorisms and clever conceits.

He kind of uses short to the point sentences without much emotion in his writing. It comes off sounding satirical to me, almost like Jonathan Swift.
Uhh, I actually had the exact same question but I've read S-5 as well, so I figured rather than making a new thread I reuse this one. Any recommendations? i'kniw we have a copy of Galapagos somewhere in my house. I also heard Breakfast of Champions is really good.
I Want One!!!

The Kraftwerkers: The Society for the Appreciation of Kraftwerk
Slaughter House Five
God bless you Mr. Rosewater
Breakfast of Champions
Jailbird
Jackson DK2M
Jackson DXMGT
Jackson Rhoads V
Jackson Stealth
Yahmaha El-Cheapo Acoustic

Randall G2
Randall Cyclone
Behringer 4x12 Cab

Dunlop Crybaby Wah
MXR Fullbore Metal
Electro-Harmonix Metal Muff
ISP Decimator
Quote by MrCoolPants
He kind of uses short to the point sentences without much emotion in his writing. It comes off sounding satirical to me, almost like Jonathan Swift.

It's supposed to sound satirical, he was an angry man.
Jackson DK2M
Jackson DXMGT
Jackson Rhoads V
Jackson Stealth
Yahmaha El-Cheapo Acoustic

Randall G2
Randall Cyclone
Behringer 4x12 Cab

Dunlop Crybaby Wah
MXR Fullbore Metal
Electro-Harmonix Metal Muff
ISP Decimator
Breakfast of Champions remains my favorite Vonnegut novel.
I mean, they're all fantastic, but Breakfast of Champions is amazing.
I would consider Vonnegut to be the heir to Mark Twain.

As mentioned, read Slaughterhouse 5, its loosely based on a absolutely crazy experience he went through in World War II. Also, read Hocus Pocus.

Cat's Cradle and Breakfast of Champions are his other to really well-known books. I would recommend both. My fiancee read and thoroughly enjoyed Timequake.

Also, he put out the closest thing to a memoir hes ever come to shortly before he died. Its called Man Without a Country. He offers some very accute observations on American society.

That is what I love about Vonnegut so much. He viewed life and the world around him unlike anyone else I have ever come across.
There may be times when it is impossible to prevent injustice, but there should never be a time when we fail to protest it.

Take a trip down the Scenic River

Call me Charlie.
Time Quake is great. More a story of Kilgore Trout than anything. Anything by him is pretty amazing.

I've read Slaughter House 5, Time Quake, Player Piano (More "standard" novel like than his other books, reminiscent of 1984), Sirens of Titan, Breakfast of Champions, Armageddon in Retrospect and Bugumboo Snuffbox.

Yay Vonnegut!
1996 Fender American Telecaster
Schecter Omen 6
VOX AC-15
Alvarez PF2005
1985 PROCO RAT II
BOSS DS-1, DD3, SD-1, TU-3, NS-2
Danelectro Overdrive
Jimi Hendrix Wah
EHX LPB-1
MXR Supercomp
I really liked Jailbird.
Quote by shattamakar
The only advantage of home-schooling is that it gives you good reason to commit suicide.

Hit this once or twice, and you'll be twice as nice.
Quote by Devopast
Time Quake is great. More a story of Kilgore Trout than anything. Anything by him is pretty amazing.

I've read Slaughter House 5, Time Quake, Player Piano (More "standard" novel like than his other books, reminiscent of 1984), Sirens of Titan, Breakfast of Champions, Armageddon in Retrospect and Bugumboo Snuffbox.

Yay Vonnegut!

Hell yeah, man!

Bugumboo Snuffbox had me laughing out loud over and over again.

Even the introduction just killed me.
There may be times when it is impossible to prevent injustice, but there should never be a time when we fail to protest it.

Take a trip down the Scenic River

Call me Charlie.