I'm looking into getting a metal marshall amp (dsl/tsl 2000)

Is the only difference between the DSL and TSL that the TSL has an extra channel? No Tone Difference?

Also, how different are the DSL 50, and the DSL 100 tone wise?
Mesa Single Rectifier
Marshall 1960A vintage
Rg3exfm1 w/ EMG 85/81
Big Baby Taylor Acoustic
Ibanez TS808
get the kerry king marshall head if you want a metal marshall.
i used to be a mod, then i took an arrow in the knee.
Quote by JoelTheShredder
dont

ever played it ?
Quote by mikeyElite
ever played it ?

yes im sorry to say that i have. it sounds like an mg with its mids scooped.

if you want a good marshall for metal try and find a jcm 800 on ebay (out of production but still floating around.) they are much better than the kerry kings and the ts/ds l's.
damnsight cheaper too.
Quote by JoelTheShredder

if you want a good marshall for metal try and find a jcm 800 on ebay (out of production but still floating around.) they are much better than the kerry kings and the ts/ds l's.
damnsight cheaper too.

which is weird since it's a jcm800 with it's mids boosted and a bit more gain on tap.
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
Quote by JoelTheShredder

damnsight cheaper too.

you know the kerry king head is a jcm 800 with a boost switch and a noise gate right?
OK OK!

I'm In here now.

Why do you want a DSL when you have a 6505?

You do understand that Marshalls are not really the best for metal?

TS What styles are you playing?
Are you willing to go used?
Quote by Highwaytohell
OK OK!

I'm In here now.

Why do you want a DSL when you have a 6505?

You do understand that Marshalls are not really the best for metal?

TS What styles are you playing?
Are you willing to go used?

Ya, I'm willing to go used.. and I don't play UB3R BRU7AL metal, I play more hardrock/metal like He Is Legend. I want a high gain amp with a creamy smooth sound, that isn't so god dang harsh at high volumes. (I'm thinking I'm gonna either change the tubes on my 6505+ or get a Marshall)
Mesa Single Rectifier
Marshall 1960A vintage
Rg3exfm1 w/ EMG 85/81
Big Baby Taylor Acoustic
Ibanez TS808
bump?
Mesa Single Rectifier
Marshall 1960A vintage
Rg3exfm1 w/ EMG 85/81
Big Baby Taylor Acoustic
Ibanez TS808
IMO the tsl has more clarity. But other than that yeah same marshall tone
My Gear
Guitars:
-Gibson Les Paul Studio
-Ibanez "lawsuit" Les Paul
-Ibanez S470
-PRS SE Custom

Amp:
Marshall TSL100
Marshall 1960a cab

Effects:
Dunlop 535q wah
Visual Sound Liquid Chorus

Pickups:
Guitarforce
MHD
Even though I like the DSL, I would suggest selling the 6505 and getting a JCM 800 or 900 if you want more gain.
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
id say get a jcm800 then run it and the peavey together. ive heard this combo before and it sounds amazing
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
Quote by JLT73
IMO the tsl has more clarity. But other than that yeah same marshall tone

That's sounds like a speaker difference.. I would be running it through a Marshall 1960 slant cab

Quote by InanezGuitars44
id say get a jcm800 then run it and the peavey together. ive heard this combo before and it sounds amazing

The second guitarist for my band uses a Peavey Valveking 212 with G12T-75 speakers (for clairity) if that's what you mean, then yeah.

Quote by shadow__666
Even though I like the DSL, I would suggest selling the 6505 and getting a JCM 800 or 900 if you want more gain.

I don't need more gain though, I only turn the pre up to 5 or 6 in my 6505+. I just want a smoother tone.
Mesa Single Rectifier
Marshall 1960A vintage
Rg3exfm1 w/ EMG 85/81
Big Baby Taylor Acoustic
Ibanez TS808
Last edited by touji-za-nai at Nov 10, 2008,
Quote by InanezGuitars44

That's what my friend does, except he has a 5150. It's amazing. So huge sounding.
if ur looking for smooth sounding hard rock, why dont u look into a used mesa boogie F series
Paul Reed Smith CE22
Fender Spalted Maple HH Tele
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Korg Pitchblack
Boss GE-8 Graphic EQ
Dunlop ZW Wah
BBE Two Timer
Mesa/Boogie Mark IV Combo
Mesa/Boogie Rectifier 212

www.myspace.com/shapesofgrey
Quote by wyldeshredder
if ur looking for smooth sounding hard rock, why dont u look into a used mesa boogie F series

It's hard for me to make a decision on an amp w/o playing it.. from what I'm hearing, it sounds nice for classic rock... (the F-50 that is) Like.. if I were to play a palm muted break down, It wouldn't feel harsh like my 6505+, but frail and under distorted.
Mesa Single Rectifier
Marshall 1960A vintage
Rg3exfm1 w/ EMG 85/81
Big Baby Taylor Acoustic
Ibanez TS808
Quote by touji-za-nai

The second guitarist for my band uses a Peavey Valveking 212 with G12T-75 speakers (for clairity) if that's what you mean, then yeah.

no i mean buy a marshall jcm800, then run the peavey 6505 and the jcm800 together.
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
Quote by InanezGuitars44
no i mean buy a marshall jcm800, then run the peavey 6505 and the jcm800 together.

Never heard of that... playing with 2 amps at once?
Mesa Single Rectifier
Marshall 1960A vintage
Rg3exfm1 w/ EMG 85/81
Big Baby Taylor Acoustic
Ibanez TS808
Quote by touji-za-nai
Never heard of that... playing with 2 amps at once?

It's a popular tactic, especially if you have two that compliment each other. In your case you would have really high gain + a smoother tone.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments