Poll Options
View poll results: Which one?
New phone
47 39%
Presents for christmas
74 61%
Voters: 121.
Page 1 of 2
Alrighty here guys, you've been pretty helpful before, lets see what you think of this situation.

For this Christmas, I have been given two choices by my mother.

I have to choose between getting any new phone of my choice, or getting actual presents that I list and get and such, depending on price and so on...

Well, I have no idea what to do I really need a new phone, because mine likes to turn off randomly and die really fast, and I hate my current one. So which one guys and gals? I'm stuck, so I'll take whatever majority on the poll and roll with it.

(Phone I'm considering is a Voyager, look it up if you dont know what it is)

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance

I voted phone but then I realized you're probably from America where the phone service companies **** you over just because they can and they don't have anything better to do.

But I can't change my vote either, so...
Quote by RoamingConflict
This one dream involved me, one random girl, midgets and a pie.

...and midgets ended up f*cking her. I got the pie.

Phone. You'll use it longer and probably more than most of the presents you'll ask for.
Phone from parents, presents from others??
I'm not a Bible-thumper anymore. Realized I had a brain in '09.

I like guitars, running, and math.
Well how important is a phone too you?
Quote by 20cdndollars
You are god, floppypick

Floppydick

If that's how you read my name, leave a message saying so on my profile
Quote by Psalm 150:4
Phone. You'll use it longer and probably more than most of the presents you'll ask for.
Phone from parents, presents from others??

I was thinking this, I mean, I'm probably gonna get an Xbox 360 from my grandparents...so I was thinking I shouldnt be a selfish twat, and just ask for the phone and **** all other presents. I'd get a 360 and a nice phone...that's good for me really.

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance

presents for christmas
"You're a twat!"- That dude in morrisons

"You Ugly git!" - That girl in the restaurant

"You Were a Mistake!" - Mum

just a few of my fans..

A phone is important, but Voyagers(from what I've heard) aren't very reliable and you'll be having a lot of trouble. If you do decide to go with a phone, I recommend LG Dare, though they'll probably cost more, but they're a lot nicer.

Depending on how much you like Christmas and how you like getting to spend it with the family, present opening and such, I'd go with the phone if its not important to you.
Write your own lyrics or poetry? Post them HERE for a crit.
Follow me on Twitter
Quote by brandon369852
A phone is important, but Voyagers(from what I've heard) aren't very reliable and you'll be having a lot of trouble. If you do decide to go with a phone, I recommend LG Dare, though they'll probably cost more, but they're a lot nicer.

Depending on how much you like Christmas and how you like getting to spend it with the family, present opening and such, I'd go with the phone if its not important to you.

Really? Damn...I dont really like the way the dare looks =/, at any rate, I like the whole family bonding time, it makes me pretty happy, but I've got other presents from other people too, so I really dont know.

To the people who suggested birthday, it was six months ago, I'm presented with this oppurtunity due to the renewing of our 2 year contract.

And a phone is very important to me, only way I keep in touch with a lot of my friends

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance

Quote by xxxFMDxxx
Presents. You can get a phone for your birthday

and he can't get presents for his birthday loi
I'm not a Bible-thumper anymore. Realized I had a brain in '09.

I like guitars, running, and math.
The thing is, you can pick up a basic phone for next to nothing and get the presents.

Do you need a fancy phone?
Quote by freedoms_stain
The thing is, you can pick up a basic phone for next to nothing and get the presents.

Do you need a fancy phone?

Well, I dont need a fancy one that's for sure. It's just that this is the only chance for the next two years I'll have to get a new one, and no matter what phone I get, all I get is the phone, no presents. Regardless of price.

Which is why she gave me free reign to choose whichever phone I want, regardless.

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance

Quote by valennic
Really? Damn...I dont really like the way the dare looks =/, at any rate, I like the whole family bonding time, it makes me pretty happy, but I've got other presents from other people too, so I really dont know.

To the people who suggested birthday, it was six months ago, I'm presented with this oppurtunity due to the renewing of our 2 year contract.

And a phone is very important to me, only way I keep in touch with a lot of my friends

Well, get the Voyager. I mean, I know a lot of people who have it, and its really tough(I've never seen it break) but I've seen the screen flip upside down, turns off no reason(like every phone I've used), its been known to call people if its in your pocket, but I'm being nit-picky.

If it was up to me, and I was in the same situation, I would just stick it out with the phone I have now,(btw, what is it?) and just wait until I can afford the $50 for a new one in a few months, and still get to spend Christmas with the family(in a present opening sort-of-way)

Quote by valennic
Well, I dont need a fancy one that's for sure. It's just that this is the only chance for the next two years I'll have to get a new one, and no matter what phone I get, all I get is the phone, no presents. Regardless of price.

There shouldn't be a set time to when you can get a new phone. I know our family has(we share 5 plans) has one or two contract renewals that we can do at anytime, but that's with Alltel.
Follow me on Twitter
God your an ungrateful little brat. Why not think of someone other than yourself?
The Prime Factorisation of the number of the beast : 2x3x3x37
Quote by brandon369852
Well, get the Voyager. I mean, I know a lot of people who have it, and its really tough(I've never seen it break) but I've seen the screen flip upside down, turns off no reason(like every phone I've used), its been known to call people if its in your pocket, but I'm being nit-picky.

If it was up to me, and I was in the same situation, I would just stick it out with the phone I have now,(btw, what is it?) and just wait until I can afford the $50 for a new one in a few months, and still get to spend Christmas with the family(in a present opening sort-of-way)

Oh, the calling people thing? I heard about that, that's why I'm probably gonna get a case if I get the phone, and lock the screen.

My current phone is a Krazr, but it's scratched and cracked from two years of wear and tear, and it turns off randomly, even in the middle of phone calls.

Quote by J-B
God your an ungrateful little brat. Why not think of someone other than yourself?

Wtf are you on about? This is about what choices I have, it's not like I'm not getting my family presents you ignorant twat.

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance

The Voyager is hardcore (I'm posting from it now), but presents are cool too.

I'm completely useless.
Quote by Les_Frederiksen
PlayMadness, you give me hope for mankind.

Quote by Darksucker
PlayMadness - Jesus 2.0

Quote by genghisgandhi
Society's doing great. There's a rise of people like PlayMadness. I feel pretty good about the way things are going.
Quote by brandon369852

There shouldn't be a set time to when you can get a new phone. I know our family has(we share 5 plans) has one or two contract renewals that we can do at anytime, but that's with Alltel.

Well, I have a set time because my mom refuses to buy a phone within the two year period unless ours breaks

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance

Quote by valennic
Oh, the calling people thing? I heard about that, that's why I'm probably gonna get a case if I get the phone, and lock the screen.

My current phone is a Krazr, but it's scratched and cracked from two years of wear and tear, and it turns off randomly, even in the middle of phone calls.

Yeah, the phone I have now, the sales person promised great outcome from it, and I've been disappointed. The best thing about it is a 3 megaPixel camera, which is basically broken now. I could be texting and it will turn off, without saving the text.

But, I would for getting presents, then get a new phone with your Christmas money.
/thread

^Tell your mom to shush.
Follow me on Twitter
Presents, but include a good phone.
IMO, touch screens on the Voyager, etc. are crap compared to the iPhone. My brother had a Glyde and the touch screen died within a few months.
Get a decent, cheaper phone. You don't want to accidentally break a $200 phone, now do you?
I'd say presents because I only use my phone to make calls, no texting or any of that shit. If it's even moderately operational, I'd say stick with it.
Quote by valennic
Alrighty here guys, you've been pretty helpful before, lets see what you think of this situation.

>>guys, you've been pretty helpful before, lets see what you think of this

>>guys, you've been pretty helpful before, lets see what

>>you've been pretty helpful before

wat
No offense, but I hate bastards who think they need a $500 phone. If you can't spend some time alone without constantly texting or talking you have a serious problem. Most people whip their phones out just to look popular while carrying on meaningless conversations.
Current Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Gibson Explorer Standard
Tradition Strat
Crafter Acoustic

Peavey Classic 30
Line 6 DL4
Dano Fish 'n Chips
MXR Phase 90
Digitech Bad Monkey
Boss MD-2 Distortion
Dunlop Crybaby
Quote by RPGoof
Presents, but include a good phone.
IMO, touch screens on the Voyager, etc. are crap compared to the iPhone. My brother had a Glyde and the touch screen died within a few months.
Get a decent, cheaper phone. You don't want to accidentally break a $200 phone, now do you?

Well, I was thinking maybe iPhone...but I didnt want to cost my mom TOO much...and no, I dont want to accidentally break it...that would suck ass. I dont know, still in the thought process. I'll keep checking the thread as long as it's alive for the poll.

Quote by dreamtheater111
wat

Coincidence, I'm listening to Dream Theater. And, you obviously havent had time to grow used to the people of UG, they're like a fungus, they grow on you. They're like the dysfunctional family I never had.

Quote by deleriumtrigger
No offense, but I hate bastards who think they need a $500 phone. If you can't spend some time alone without constantly texting or talking you have a serious problem. Most people whip their phones out just to look popular while carrying on meaningless conversations.

Oh, I know how you feel. I'm not one of those people....trust me. I liked the Voyager because of it's features, and as I'm getting texting, I find the full mini keyboards much easier to text on, and the touch screen is jsut too awesome. I'm not a pretentious twat who thinks he needs a 500 dollar phone just to have it.

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance

Quote by deleriumtrigger

I hate bastards who don't have any money, so they in turn hate people who have enough money, and friends, to afford the $500 phones, imo.
Follow me on Twitter
if you're going to get a new phone make sure it's the Nokia N95 / N96, solid phones.
a phone is a phone. no matter how extravagant you get.

but thats just me. i don't buy phones just to take pictures or listen to music. i use them strictly for calling purposes
I see no sign of fortress.
Quote by brandon369852
I hate bastards who don't have any money, so they in turn hate people who have enough money, and friends, to afford the $500 phones, imo.

Must not hate me then, as I have plenty of both.
Current Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Gibson Explorer Standard
Tradition Strat
Crafter Acoustic

Peavey Classic 30
Line 6 DL4
Dano Fish 'n Chips
MXR Phase 90
Digitech Bad Monkey
Boss MD-2 Distortion
Dunlop Crybaby
Quote by deleriumtrigger
Must not hate me then, as I have plenty of both.

Then you hate yourself, weirdo!
Follow me on Twitter
Quote by brandon369852
Then you hate yourself, weirdo!

What?
Current Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Gibson Explorer Standard
Tradition Strat
Crafter Acoustic

Peavey Classic 30
Line 6 DL4
Dano Fish 'n Chips
MXR Phase 90
Digitech Bad Monkey
Boss MD-2 Distortion
Dunlop Crybaby
Can you get presents and get a much cheaper phone with your own money? Thats what I would do.
Buy a cheap phone yourself and ask for presents for Christmas. Just get the cheapest phone that isnt complete crap
Quote by master
Yep. It was my birthday and I was wanking in my room and all of a sudden my whole family came jumping in yelling "SURPRISE!!" I guess they were the ones who ended up being surprised.
Quote by polish
Buy a cheap phone yourself and ask for presents for Christmas. Just get the cheapest phone that isnt complete crap

Well, one issue on the whole buying thing...no money. At all.

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance

Quote by valennic
Well, one issue on the whole buying thing...no money. At all.

Well in that case. STEAL ONE!!!!!!!
And make sure it's a good one.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
1. Get presents
2. use christmas money to buy phone
3. ?????
4. PROFIT!!!
Quote by imdeth
This man deserves my +1

+1

Quote by denizenz
Go in peace my son, and teach to the pit dwellers what I have shown unto you.

ಠ_ಠ

XBL: huffy409
[quote="'[x"]Huffy[x]']1. Get presents
2. use christmas money to buy phone
3. ?????
4. PROFIT!!!

no....just no....
Member #4 of the I hate "only" threads group

Quote by snow blind
i tryed to smash a guitar once... but it just flew up right back into my face and smashed me

Quote by Kiffa
Surely you can shove a wireless into an effects board, run about, stop and make weird noises, run again.
Quote by gatewaytobeyond
no....just no....

And why not?
Quote by imdeth
This man deserves my +1

+1

Quote by denizenz
Go in peace my son, and teach to the pit dwellers what I have shown unto you.

ಠ_ಠ

XBL: huffy409
Idea: if your relatives give you money, scrape it together and buy something that isn't all fancy, but works well. IT'S A PANSY PHONE ANYWAY. Come on man, do you really need the whole keyboard?
Ask your parents for presents.
Quote by Jackal58
If I was Santa you'd all get shit for Christmas.
it's old...and not very funny anymore....and overused

bad day....sorry
Member #4 of the I hate "only" threads group

Quote by snow blind
i tryed to smash a guitar once... but it just flew up right back into my face and smashed me

Quote by Kiffa
Surely you can shove a wireless into an effects board, run about, stop and make weird noises, run again.
Page 1 of 2