So, I was messing around in the Musical Instrument department of Best Buy, the usual, Fender Reverbs, Teles, stuff like that. Then I headed into the Loud Room with the half-stacks and such. A JVM, Windsor, Spider, nothing new...THEN, I saw it right next to me, the corner I never looked in. It was a Bogner Alchemist half-stack. I thought 'Bogner, not a Spider, should be good,' and so plugged into it.

Oh-ho-ho-ho...the creamiest gain sound I have ever heard. The 20/40 watt switch was love as well. Didn't care too much for the delay, but that gain...my god, I'll be dreaming of it for weeks.

And so this isn't spam, what about you guys? Ever just walk into your music store, not looking for anything special, then BAM, orgasmic-ness?

EDIT: DID NOT HAVE MUCH TIME WITH IT, SO QUESTION-ERS, BE FOREWARNED.
Last edited by Iceman 420 at Nov 10, 2008,
Dunno bout any stories but i know there's a lot of people intrigued by the Alchemist so prepare to be quizzed....
Quote by jxljxl
If UG had a Facebook style Relationship thing, I'd e-marry you C-mak

Quote by jxljxl
I want C-mak in my bum.

^Think he might have a thing for me...
Quote by cmakkidguitar
Dunno bout any stories but i know there's a lot of people intrigued by the Alchemist so prepare to be quizzed....

GAH, if only I had more time with it.
Yeah, those are the Chinese made Bogners that Best Buy is carrying. I haven't played one, but have heard video reviews. They have a fairly nice tone, good for blues and some rock. But it ends there.
MARSHALL JVM 210H
PEAVEY JSX
KRANK 412
MESA 412
FENDER STRATS
DIMARZIO
CELESTION
well not so much a shop but a friends. i went round for a gearts of war marathon and i heard the most wonderful cleans ever.so i wandered into the parlour to find his father sitting with an epiphone from the 60's and a ehx memory man from the early 70s and a fender superchamp xd from the late 60s. it was orgasmic.
Quote by mcrfobtai
Yeah. There was a thread about it the other day. How versitile is it? You look like a blues.classic rock player so...

From the time I had with it, not a lot of crunch so I it was mostly lead for me. Nice, smooth gain for stuff like Santana and such. Anything above blues-rock and such, hm...I wouldn't use it for metal and stuff.